Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be peed off when my kids stuff goes missing and they dont even looked bothered!!

(7 Posts)
dmo Mon 23-Jul-07 22:13:48

aggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

thank you its all out now

in the last two days these are the conversations i have had with my two sons aged 9 and 11.

1) on our way out and i shout to 9 yr old "bring your ds" he shouts "dont know where it is its lost havent seen it in ages"

2) on way to skate park i shout to 11 yr old "grab your pads" he shouts "cant find them but its ok i dont need them"

3)going to camp next w/end so organised me is getting ready. to 11 yr old "where are your walking boots?" he has a look (2 mins) "cant find them think i left them a scouts its ok i can wear my trainers"

agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
anyway as of tonight walking boots and ds are still missing, i found the pads in a rucksack and i have phoned scout leader who has not seen sons boots but will have alook

help!!! btw i have turned the house upside down today looking for these items inbetween working and making tea

kid Mon 23-Jul-07 22:16:00

My kids are not at all bothered when they lose something. I asked DS tonight where the other parts to a board game were. He shrugged his shoulders and carried on with what he was doing. I told him that if he can't find the missing parts (there were several missing) then I would have to through the game in the bin. He replied 'Throw it in the bin then' so I did

Carnoodleusfudge Mon 23-Jul-07 22:18:50

I have spent most of the day labelling things for Scout camp.

And I know they wont all come home.

DS [11] and DD[9] were quite bad about this but then we started making them pay for stuff they lost - DS had to pay £6 to school for lost library books and suddenly they seem better at keeping track...

WendyWeber Mon 23-Jul-07 22:23:21

I was going to start this thread! I found out today that DS2 (14) has lost his phone - I have no idea when or where & neither does he apparently, and it wasn't even his phone really, was DS1's spare, with some fairly precious photos on it

I have confiscated his ipod, because he has lost 2 phones in the past and numerous other items and never seems to care but he never loses his ipod, which is presumably more important to him. I told him to remember, every time he wants the ipod and can't have it, to remember why he hasn't got it "and think on"

Fat chance

dmo Mon 23-Jul-07 22:24:20

my boys have jobs to do and this totals £6 each a week pocket money and 1 mag each a week
with their £6 they use £5 for skating and £1 for bits and bobs so when they do lose something they dont have the money to replace it
and ds1 did buy his own pads £25 out of his birthday money 3 weeks ago and still didnt seem to give a hoot

Heathcliffscathy Mon 23-Jul-07 22:26:15

sorry. know it's serious and all...but cannot resist:

'are they bothered though? are they? are they? whatever.'

dmo Mon 23-Jul-07 22:27:05

i know its either cath tate or kevin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now