Talk

Advanced search

to be rather glad that i did NOT have a party for DD, 2 today :)

(4 Posts)
lucyellensmum Mon 23-Jul-07 20:08:40

I chose not to do a party inviting other children to DDs 2nd birthday, having been to other parties and noticed that whilst the children play nicely, they do it quite separately. I also noticed the stressed and harrased parents rushing around after everyone else with little time for thier child.

This morning i felt really bad because we didnt do a "party", i did however make a cake and we had some party food and DDs nana came to visit.

DD had such a lovely day and is still behind me with her daddy just now playing with her new toys.

Maybe i am being a bit selfish but it was lovely just to focus on DD and not have to worry about other children and their parents.

MadamePlatypus Mon 23-Jul-07 20:12:05

Only point of party for 2 year olds is if you really want to spend time with the parents of the other children. They don't really get it until atleast 3 or 4.

snowwonder Mon 23-Jul-07 20:13:42

i cant wait for dd2 party next week, she will be 4, and it will be her first party... i think you did the right thing, plenty more to come

coleyboy Mon 23-Jul-07 20:14:20

Happy bday to your little one!

You are not being unreasonable at all.

We're just having family over for a bbq at the weekend for ds 1st birthday. I really can't be doing with the whole party thing. There's plenty of time for that in the years to come.

Please pray for good weather at the weekend!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: