Talk

Advanced search

stacey dooley and 'butlins ad' - argh !!

(76 Posts)
fecketyfeck21 Sat 25-May-19 11:55:06

<grumpy moo alert> i'm sure stacey is a lovely person but i can't stand the twee advert on the radio gushing about the first holiday to butlins.
never been to butlins but that's not the thing, it's the twee-ness of it.
anyone else have ads they dislike?
i can't stand the AA one with the kid singing in the back and looking cute on first viewing but now makes me want to throw a brick through the screen.

SummerHouse Sat 25-May-19 11:58:24

Oral B toothbrush "surrounds each tooth" with graphic of bristles going Inbetween each tooth.

Bloody lies. It makes me so angry I am going to complain to ASA.

SummerHouse Sat 25-May-19 12:00:24

Cheapo hot tub one currently on all the time also gives me the rage. Everyone throwing back their heads and laughing.

recrudescence Sat 25-May-19 12:07:45

I think it’s Stacey Solomon on that ad but I agree it’s pretty annoying. But not as bad as the one with the song that goes, “constipation relief has me singing with glee!”

ILoveMaxiBondi Sat 25-May-19 12:13:02

It’s stacey Solomon in the buttons as OP.

The one I can’t stand is Kerry Godliman in the Haiiivinnn ad. <shudder> why does it sound like shes in pain when she says haven?

ILoveMaxiBondi Sat 25-May-19 12:13:52

Buttons=butlins grin

hidinginthenightgarden Sat 25-May-19 12:18:11

Oral B - "I didn't even know they did a toothpaste".
It is a fuckng dental company you utter fuckwit!!!! Of course it does fucking toothpaste and unless you buy your toothpaste on a remote fucking Island with no real choice then you have seen it on the shelf!!!

BettysLeftTentacle Sat 25-May-19 12:20:09

I can’t stand the Matalan ads. The dubbed and edited little girl in the AA one gives me the creeps.

Contraceptionismyfriend Sat 25-May-19 12:25:05

There's a horrific tea bag advert on welsh radios at the moment. It has the most irritating welsh woman taking absolute Bs about this tea bag.

I turn it off.

ILoveMaxiBondi Sat 25-May-19 12:32:28

The dubbed and edited little girl in the AA one gives me the creeps.

Me too!

NancyPickford Sat 25-May-19 12:33:17

The wee girl in the AA ad 'singing' Proud Mary. It's just so badly done!

The Oral B toothbrush ad - they recommend the electric toothbrush - 'the one with the round head' - well a rectangular one isn't going to rotate, is it?

The G-Tech Air Ram one, with the inventor saying at the end 'and it's yours for only 320 paaahnds' (or however much it is). I see the ending has been redubbed and he now says 'pounds'.

Those 'cute' yoghurt ones with the Pussycat Doll person constantly getting a wee dollop of yoghurt on her nose.

I could go on ...

NancyPickford Sat 25-May-19 12:34:05

The over-50 pension plan one with 'June from next door'.

spicypickel Sat 25-May-19 12:34:07

Matalan ones are just cheesy

Sparklingbrook Sat 25-May-19 12:36:21

Oh the Matalan ones with DVO and her daughter, and Mark Wright is it? angry

ILoveMaxiBondi Sat 25-May-19 12:44:18

Are you gonna bingo?

No, I’m fucking not. Shut up.

Bloomburger Sat 25-May-19 12:45:05

Singing woman in Tui ad 😕

Can't watch Stacey Dooley after her horrendous appearance on HIGNFY. DH said he thought she was supposed to be on the ball but she came across quite vacuous.

spicypickel Sat 25-May-19 12:54:16

To be fair I think Mark Wright is just awful in everything he does how he ended up with Michelle keegan I'll never know

PinkSlide1 Sat 25-May-19 13:03:12

Definetly the Oral B 'I didn't know they did a toothpaste'
Winds me up every time I see it!

bobstersmum Sat 25-May-19 13:05:44

The matalan ones just don't make sense to me, what are all those random z list celebs doing hanging around together and where are their partners?
The oral b one is ridiculous the woman in it is so stupid sounding!
Any of the bingo ones I hate!
And every single one with Nicole whatserface, the yoghurt ones! She is so annoying, she would eat herself if she could!

Justmuddlingalong Sat 25-May-19 13:14:13

Moose the boxer. "What doing?" Get into your basket Moose ya nosey bastard!

WhoWasIt Sat 25-May-19 13:17:56

Any toothpaste ad winds me up to the point of wanting to dig my own eyeballs out with a rusty spoon.
As do any personal hygiene / grooming ads, particularly the always 'people think just cos i'm a woman means i should be soft' ultra ads and the tampon one of the girl riding her bike in beige shorts. Just fuck off.
In fact, all adverts drive me mad.
Bring back the ads of the 70's. at least they were memorable, some were even funny. Forty years on and people can still remember the straplines from the ads of yesteryear.

WhoWasIt Sat 25-May-19 13:20:13

I mean, who could forget the 'shake and vac' ad with the woman wailing 'do the shake n vac and put the freshness back' while dancing round the room and sprinkling powder all over her carpets? grin

MrsSpenserGregson Sat 25-May-19 13:23:20

@WhoWasIt May I offer your a Bird's Eye potato waffle? They're waffley versatile

bushtailadventures Sat 25-May-19 13:27:51

There is a shampoo ad where she's hitting a punch bag..'I train my hair like I train my body' or some such nonsense.Makes me shout at the tv every time. That and the Oral B making toothpaste are my particular bugbears at the moment.

IceIceCoffee Sat 25-May-19 13:34:20

Any advert where the music is a cover of a usually good song usually in a screechy or wispy voice too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »