Talk

Advanced search

To be fed up

(7 Posts)
sidesplittinglol Fri 24-May-19 02:01:19

My 4 year old DD still cannot sleep through the night. She has woken up about 30 times so far since going to bed at 7:30pm and each times wants me there to put her back to sleep. It takes ages and I'm just fed up of the same crap every night. I barely get a nights sleep with her

snitzelvoncrumb Fri 24-May-19 02:22:59

You must be exhausted. Have you tried rewarding her for staying in bed? You could explain that she needs to stay in bed, and if she calls out just ignore her. If she comes into you take her back to her room, don't say anything or make eye contact. Just put her back into bed and walk away. Repeat this until she stops waking. Good luck!

sidesplittinglol Fri 24-May-19 16:36:03

I've been doing this but sometimes I don't have the energy to keep it up 🙈😩

Guardsman18 Fri 24-May-19 16:46:28

I couldn't not reply to this as my son did it at the same age. There is a book called Toddler Taming and it guaranteed 99.9% success.

Was very sceptical but I was so desperate that I bought the book, did exactly what the guy said and honestly, three nights in - it worked!

It may be worth a try. He's a doctor - Christopher rings a bell as the first name. I never thought I could get that boy to bed and sleep, but I did because of that book.

I wish you luck. I think the guy is a genius!

Guardsman18 Fri 24-May-19 16:46:28

I couldn't not reply to this as my son did it at the same age. There is a book called Toddler Taming and it guaranteed 99.9% success.

Was very sceptical but I was so desperate that I bought the book, did exactly what the guy said and honestly, three nights in - it worked!

It may be worth a try. He's a doctor - Christopher rings a bell as the first name. I never thought I could get that boy to bed and sleep, but I did because of that book.

I wish you luck. I think the guy is a genius!

sidesplittinglol Fri 24-May-19 23:05:09

Oooooh that sounds interesting thanks! In brief, what does he advise?

Guardsman18 Sun 26-May-19 10:44:05

That you put child to bed and sit in a chair next to him/her. Each time they 'demand' to get out of bed, you insist that they get back in.

Don't engage in chats (you will have done that earlier with story etc I guess.) You just sit there really and they can't get out of bed or the room! This is sounding cruel - I wasn't I swear!

I seem to remember that a few nights later, I sat outside the room for hours. It's as if he realised (son) that the game was up! I'm sure there are more tips and tactics but son is 19 now so it was a while back.

The Dr suggested a week but I swear it was three nights. You can buy the book on Amazon for 1p second hand. He's Dr Christopher Green. Maybe ask a friend or the library?

If you do get it, will you let us know how it goes? I must sound like a nutter but it really did work. Good luck.

Bloody genius

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »