Talk

Advanced search

To hate the Clangers, In the Night Garden and Bing with a passion?

(97 Posts)
Justanyrh1 Thu 23-May-19 18:33:03

The Clangers: they look like knitted penises and sound creepy as fuck.

In the Night Garden: headache-inducing relentless gibberish (is there scientific evidence that this kind of thing is good for young brains or are they just aiming to torture us?!)

Bing: I keep expecting Flop to suddenly snap and murder the whiny little shit.

Hey Duggee and Sarah & Duck, however, are brilliant. Why can’t we have more like this??

livelyredjellybean Mon 27-May-19 09:30:39

Biggleton would be ok if it wasn’t Eamonn freaking Holmes narrating it! He makes me queasy.

Stillonly8am Mon 27-May-19 08:19:18

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll - I know! Drives me nuts too. I can't remember if the old Postman Pat was as bad, but on Special Delivery Service he has one job - ONE JOB - per episode and he still makes a balls-up of it and then claims all the applause. I've worked with far too many people like him grin.

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll Mon 27-May-19 00:00:41

I find postman pat ok

He irritates me intensely - the way that he's given a simple job to do, then spectacularly fails that job and gets massively bailed out by the whole community. Said community then all get together and laud Pat for how amazingly he managed to resolve a catalogue of disasters for which he was single-handedly responsible.

Eddie16 Sun 26-May-19 22:39:53

Bing needs to die a horrific death,stupid little shit who squashes butterflies like a psychopathic twat and pisses his pants at every opportunity,my 3 year old dd is now copying him even though she's been potty trained for ages but as Bing gets to piss himself, so does she now.
I would pay money to see Flop go mad and kill Bing for being such a gimp

OwlinaTree Sun 26-May-19 22:20:29

I find postman pat ok, except that he pins his special delivery service badge on after he gets the call he's got to deliver a pogoing zebra to the infant school or whatever. For some reason this act fills me with rage.

M0reGinPlease Sun 26-May-19 08:24:12

The hideousness of Topsy and Tim is worth it for one thing and one thing only: Kerry's dad.

DryHeave Sun 26-May-19 07:24:43

Being tortured by Bing. Why is it always a fucking double bill?? It’s a Bing thing.

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll Sat 25-May-19 23:24:40

Biggleton is brilliant.

How come Yusuf never focuses on all of the other fine fresh produce lines that he purveys? From the song, anybody would thing that, if it isn't yellow and curved, he most certainly does NOT sell it.

WeBuiltThisBuffetOnSausageRoll Sat 25-May-19 23:19:11

I didn't like tipsy and Tim

Ooh, I would LOVE them to make that show!! Not sure it would be suitable for CBeebies, though grin

Mummy: "Would you like a drink, children? You must be very thirsty after all of that running around in the park!"
Tim: "Ooh, yes, please, Mummy - I'd love an orange juice."
Tipsy: "Gizza double brandy, darlin' - and chuck us a can of Stella for later, will ya? Cheers, Mummies.... 'ere, I've always wondered why there are two of you what look exactly the same, innit?!"
Tim: "Oh, are you feeling OK, Tipsy? You're shaking and shivering."
Tipsy: "Shut it, chummy - I can 'andle it.... and what's more, I could stop any time I liked. Burrrrrrrrrpppppppp!!!!!!!!!"
Tim: "Mummy, I can tell that Tipsy definitely takes after Daddy. I'm much more like you, aren't I? Smugly middle class. Mummy, why did you decide to marry Daddy?"
Mummy: "Oh, Tim, sweetheart. Don't be unkind. Daddy is wonderful and he loves us all very much. I mean, he willingly takes Tipsy to all of her weekly meetings, doesn't he?! He's what grown-ups would call my 'bit of rough' - and he reminds me so much of a cheeky man called Lee Mack, who makes me laugh a lot!"

BishopofBathandWells Sat 25-May-19 22:21:25

Biggleton is brilliant. Bob Bob Bobby, Bobby the Vet is just a total dude. Check out his moves in the opening credits, that kid has swagger.

Flop. Dear, gentle Flop. The episode where he is ill and Bing tries to take care of him, is so infuriating. The episode where the horrible little wanker pisses his pants is met by cheers from myself and DP every time we see it. And don't get me started on the episode where Bing squashes a butterfly. Horrible little psychopath, SS should be on his fucking case.

Featherstep Sat 25-May-19 22:20:14

DS age 3 has always hated Bing, he is known to cry or run to hide behind the door when it comes on! Who knows why.

I find ITNG quite sweet and we all like it when the Pontipines or even better the Wottingers come out.

Don't mind Clangers but I don't get the Iron Chicken...

Peter Rabbit does my head in.

upthewolves Sat 25-May-19 21:49:30

My 19 month old adores Bing and often shouts "Bing on!" At the TV which is embarrassingly his only 2 word sentence. It's one of the few shows that he and the 3 year old enjoy together... But I can't bloody stand it.

DD has picked up some really annoying habits from it, including shouting "blood!" In a terrified voice when she has only very mildly hurt herself.

FurrySlipperBoots Sat 25-May-19 21:37:36

@PaulHollywoodsSexGut

Beatrix Potter would be spinning in her grave

Don't get me started!!

Compare this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYPkH8gPDps

with

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJQBiIn5EcA

Urgh.

RochelleGoyle Sat 25-May-19 21:35:27

As many have already noted, Bing is a whiny, annoying little shithead who deserves to be flung to the far side of over there. But my toddler loves him. gin

tequilamockingbiird Sat 25-May-19 21:34:31

I love Bingblush tbh though I don’t think there’s any kids tv that I don’t like, I’ll put it on for myself rather than for DS.

Stillonly8am Sat 25-May-19 21:31:32

"Has the total opposite effect on my DD whereas she ISN'T worried about something or considers it scary until she sees it on bloody Bing and then decides she is."

Ha ha - I can imagine that would be a pain in the arse! DD is quite hard-boiled and doesn't like admitting to weakness, so she finds it useful to attribute her fears to Bing ("Bing would be scared of the fireworks").

DavetheCat2001 Sat 25-May-19 21:30:44

Bing can cunt right off

Sux2buthen Sat 25-May-19 21:27:17

Love the presenters
Miss Balamory. My kids were all spellbound by balamory and I loved that when they make something, instead of preparing an amazing example beforehand, it was actually shit. Pc plum painted some pipes once and did a terrible job, I like the honesty because mostly things made for kids crafts in real life are pretty crap.
Can't stand yakka Dee or melody. Not the girl just the show.
Agree, why have they given waffle that voice and I feel sorry for mrs Hobbs next door.
I didn't like tipsy and Tim but waffle makes that seem like a great show

NotSoThinLizzy Sat 25-May-19 21:21:47

Apperntly In the night garden and the clangers are done in a way that they can change the voice over to different languages to play in different countries

M0reGinPlease Sat 25-May-19 21:16:03

I can't stand Bing but I have to admit that it's quite a useful tool for getting DD to talk about things that worry her (the dark, loud noises etc).

Has the total opposite effect on my DD whereas she ISN'T worried about something or considers it scary until she sees it on bloody Bing and then decides she is.

Also surely Flop is on some kind of permanent sedative to be able to deal with Bing without losing his shit on the daily?

SoupDragon Sat 25-May-19 21:02:09

shock

Stillonly8am Sat 25-May-19 20:58:16

I can't stand Bing but I have to admit that it's quite a useful tool for getting DD to talk about things that worry her (the dark, loud noises etc).

Sarah and Duck is excellent. A member of my family said Sarah reminded them of me, and I was actually quite flattered!

M0reGinPlease Sat 25-May-19 20:53:55

Bing and fucking Pablo are responsible for so much drama in my house that wouldn't otherwise happen.

Biggleton makes me shabby.

harrypotterfan1604 Sat 25-May-19 20:51:03

I absolutely hate bing with a passion! He’s a whiney little brat that doesn’t listen to a word flop says does what the fuck he wants and then cries til flop fixes it!
His voice goes through me too

TheValeyard Sat 25-May-19 20:50:56

I'll always love ITNG for the moment when I was reading one of the books to my 2 year old, and stumbled onto the line:

"Makka Pakka was busy washing his stones."

I didn't recover from that for a couple of days...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »