Talk

Advanced search

To think throwing milkshakes over people is disgusting?

(796 Posts)
GrumpyCatLives Mon 20-May-19 13:00:27

So apparently it’s okay to chuck milkshakes over people we disagree with?

Now, I do not like Tommy Robinson, Carl Sargon, or Farage. However, I think that chucking cold food at them, or threatening to, is pathetic. If you disagree with them, then debate them. Take down their argument intelligently. Chucking a cheap milkshake makes you look like a toddler.

IvanaPee Mon 20-May-19 13:03:04

Over people, yeah.

Over those troglodytes? Nah.

Blueeyesdarkhair Mon 20-May-19 13:04:15

Do you live in a town where they are coming visiting OP?? I do and it wasn’t pleasant.

Branleuse Mon 20-May-19 13:04:42

im all for chucking milkshakes at nazis

GrumpyCatLives Mon 20-May-19 13:06:45

@blue

No, I don’t. I do have sympathy for what these towns are going through with this election. I would be mighty pissed off. However, I would try to ignore them. They love attention.

chestylarue52 Mon 20-May-19 13:07:55

Being a fascist is disgusting.

MustardScreams Mon 20-May-19 13:08:12

Over random people in the street = bad.
Over massive racist twats? Absolutely, long may they continue.

outsho Mon 20-May-19 13:08:50

Over people, yeah. Over those troglodytes? Nah.

grin ^ this.

PaddyF0dder Mon 20-May-19 13:09:09

Honestly don’t care about them.

Tommy Robinson should be glad it wasn’t scalding hot tea instead.

Miserable nasty fascists like him deserve absolutely anything they get.

Cariadne Mon 20-May-19 13:09:13

Wouldn’t do it myself, but not going to criticise anyone else for the manner in which they choose to stand up to facists.

Hopoindown31 Mon 20-May-19 13:12:48

Better than shooting or stabbing them like poor Jo Cox.

If you can't take a milkshake to the face I'd suggest that extremist politics isn't for you.

Icandothisallday Mon 20-May-19 13:14:45

While I dont give a shit about the people you mentioned. I dont think this is ok, throwing food or drink at someone you disagree with is a good thing.

This is how shit gets out of hand. Is it ok to throw a milkshake at someone you know who voted leave? Or genuinely believes and campaigns to leave?

Would you be happy if TR supporters threw someone they disagree with?

When we start doing this to people who 'deserve it', usually people who society deemed to not deserve it, ends up with it happening to them.

QueenofPain Mon 20-May-19 13:15:00

The milkshake is too good for them! A shallow grave for every fascist!

AngeloMysterioso Mon 20-May-19 13:15:01

Waste of a good milkshake if you ask me.

I do have a bottle of milk that went off over the weekend though, if one of those arseholes was in my neighbourhood I’d be tempted!

TheTitOfTheIceberg Mon 20-May-19 13:18:06

If Stephen Yakult-Lennon and his ilk were open to any kind of true debate I'd agree with you OP. But as they're not, I tend to think of this as the unpleasant but comparatively harmless consequence of his years of inciting hatred, social division and xenophobia. Live by the sword, die by the milkshake sword.

NorthernRunner Mon 20-May-19 13:19:01

I can’t say I would throw something at them, because I’m too chicken, but quite frankly it’s the least they deserve. They are vile nazis. They make my blood boil and I find them all abhorrent.
I was worried they would do very well on their campaigns so to be honest I’m glad to see the reactions to them.

Chouetted Mon 20-May-19 13:19:40

There's a long standing British tradition of throwing food at politicians. If it was a slippery slope we'd have long since reached the bottom.

I can't say it bothers me hugely so long as noone gets hurt.

Readytogogogo Mon 20-May-19 13:20:32

I agree, I don't think it's helpful. It's adds to their (false) narrative that they're being silenced and victimised.

Lifecraft Mon 20-May-19 13:20:46

You're quite right OP. These far right wankers thrive on the myth that white people are being disenfranchised in their own country, and no longer have a voice. Throwing milkshakes at them just makes them look as if they have a point, and attracts even more support.

History teaches us that you cannot beat fascists by acting like fascists. But unfortunately, as this thread shows, people are too thick to get that and would rather have a few minutes of satisfaction in seeing them having stuff chucked at them, than actually take them on and win the argument.

Teddybear45 Mon 20-May-19 13:20:51

Macdonalds should be giving out milkshakes for free to drench those tossers.

Celebelly Mon 20-May-19 13:20:52

Yeah, normal people no. Disgusting fascist pieces of crap, they should be thankful it's only milkshake. I'd happily throw dog shit at them.

LadyRannaldini Mon 20-May-19 13:23:03

im all for chucking milkshakes at nazis

I'm all for those who throw milkshakes, eggs etc getting thumped, very hard, for their assault.

InspectorClouseauMNdivision Mon 20-May-19 13:23:09

I wonder what would reactions be if Robinson concentrated on Black poeople instead of Muslims🤔

SimonJT Mon 20-May-19 13:23:53

Normal people I would say no, racist scum deserve it, if they are willing to demonise an entire group of people then a bit of cold milk is fairly minor.

RattyTat Mon 20-May-19 13:25:13

I don't really understand what it's supposed to achieve TBH.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »