Talk

Advanced search

to say dh's family drive me f ing nuts...

(15 Posts)
hermykne Thu 19-Jul-07 21:34:21

oh god
we go for dinner this evening to an uncles houses, and you know , kids get tired come 7pm, they are wrecked from running and scooting round the garden but the look on his face to me, i could have stood up and walked out only i had 2 glasses of wine and its 30 mins from my house. and he gave out about my dh that he hadnt stopped crying all evening, which was not true, it only started about 7.45 or so, and he was tired.

to my great annoyance could dh stand up to his uncle and say well ds you're a great boy you would normally be off to bed by now... No he f ing didnt.

why do i bother

stressteddy Thu 19-Jul-07 21:36:42

I'm sorry - explain it again hermy - I don't quite understand the problem
I want to - please tell me again

mumto3girls Thu 19-Jul-07 21:39:13

I'm guessing the uncle complianed about the kids running around and then getting whiney and overtiredd?

hoolagirl Thu 19-Jul-07 21:39:50

I get it, the uncle gave you a dirty look as kids were playing up as were knackered.
Your DH should have defended the kids and didn't.

hermykne Thu 19-Jul-07 22:00:28

sorry stress teddy, i am rambling as i am so fed up with the other "side" and yes hoola, mum2 thats what he did.
and then he starts this sharp short talk to them as in "eh now" abruptly, "none of that" "stop your crying" and they are just bucked and all they want is a cuddle and to go home which we did.
but dh i could throttle! no back bone at all.

hoolagirl Thu 19-Jul-07 22:02:47

I take it you left soon after then?
Maybe he thought it was best just to remove them than cause an arguement, but totally understand why your pissed off.

hermykne Thu 19-Jul-07 22:03:51

you know it just puts a sour taste in my mouth every time i visit,
each time i think oh yes this will be fine, he'll get over the kids (he lives alone is a priest) but no it always ends up with hisdarting looks.
and i just couldnt be bothered, but you know when we leave it all bye byes and nicey nicey.
pathetic really.

stressteddy Thu 19-Jul-07 22:04:45

Now I get it. We often don't feel the same for our dp's family as we do for our own do we? (I know I don't)
If someone in your family had said this you would have spoken up - you are pissed off that your dp didn't with his family

I would suggest a large glass of vino - they may be your "family" for quite a while!!

Alcohol certainly makes my dh's family seem a little less freaky!!

hermykne Thu 19-Jul-07 22:04:51

we did hoola
and their cousin was staying the night with his dad there. so all 3 ( ia have 2) were wrecked. but no empathy is what gets me.

hermykne Thu 19-Jul-07 22:05:39

yes stress teddy good idea and the final episode of the sopranos starts shortly!

gothicmama Thu 19-Jul-07 22:05:43

plan to leave earlier next time

hermykne Thu 19-Jul-07 22:06:10

thank yuou gals

hermykne Thu 19-Jul-07 22:06:57

gothicmama it was bang on bed time we left 8.20 or so.
i just dont think i ;; do dinner again in his house.

gothicmama Thu 19-Jul-07 22:15:12

oh could you make the finishing time earlier next time so dc's are not so niggle

hermykne Thu 19-Jul-07 22:19:13

yes GM, but today no one could be there til 6, so it was just at the witching hour as they say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now