Talk

Advanced search

Help with fitness and weight loss

(12 Posts)
constantcaller Sun 19-May-19 18:42:20

Not really an aibu but not sure where else to post, I'm 2 stone over my idea weight and miserable, I can't stick at a diet or exercise, I do it for a few days then back to eating crap and sitting around!!
Can anyone give me any advise on some fitness apps I could follow, or some tips on fitness and diet, I'm stuck in a rut and need some help, I don't want to join slimming world because money is tight and would rather use it on dd xx

constantcaller Sun 19-May-19 19:14:11

Hopeful bump xx

ivykaty44 Sun 19-May-19 19:16:52

Go to a club to get weighed each week, being accountable is far better

Sunshineandshowers81 Sun 19-May-19 19:18:55

You can track your calories for free on my fitness Pal. Set up an account and they will tell you how many calories you need to eat to lose weight then you just enter what you eat each day. Exercise find something you like. Walking and running are both free or Jillian Michaels DVds are cheap on Amazon

HeresMe Sun 19-May-19 19:23:58

If you can't stick to a diet or exercise,no-one will be able to help you.

What you need t do is get into a routine, eating and exercise it only takes a few weeks to build it, you stop eating crisp ect and monitor your intake.

You will get your low carb ect on here but for most people eat less move more.

Lightbright Sun 19-May-19 19:25:23

I’m using MyFitnessPal to watch my food intake. I’m not following a specific plan but I’m trying to improve the quality of my meals with a good mix of veg, small amounts of lean meat, and including good fats such as eggs, oily fish, seeds, nuts etc. I’m trying not to think of myself being ‘on a diet’ but improving my diet. I’m not trying to be overly strict e.g I still allow some treats which may mean slower weight loss, but I think it’ll be more sustainable. I’m already seeing a big difference in how I feel after a few weeks of eating this way - and I’ve lost 2.5kg without feeling like I’m depriving myself. Good luck, hope you find something that works for you!

ookoro Sun 19-May-19 22:27:47

Would you like a support buddy? I have a bit of weight to lose as well. I struggle with my eating more than my fitness. We can egg each other on :-)

Iseesheep Sun 19-May-19 22:31:07

Joe Wicks 90 day plan. Fab group of supportive people online and no scales. I shifted 2 stone in 3 months and wasn't hungry once. Loved it!!

I still stick to the principles too. It taught me a lot.

womanhuman Sun 19-May-19 22:39:29

Look at Team Rh Fitness on Facebook. I flipping love them. ❤️

lljkk Sun 19-May-19 22:44:17

Have you always been prone to eating crap or is this a new thing?

ABW73 Sat 23-May-20 12:25:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BIWI Sat 23-May-20 13:59:17

Stop spamming the boards @ABW73

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »