Talk

Advanced search

To want to find a funky weddng venue in London that doesn't cost an arm and a leg??

(9 Posts)
streetwise Thu 19-Jul-07 19:57:47

To want to find a funky weddng venue in London that doesn't cost an arm and a leg??

Weasleybug Thu 19-Jul-07 20:00:05

my bro had his reception here - they had a fairly small budget wedding so don't think it cost much.

http://www.menierchocolatefactory.com/

They had a floor for reception drinks then went into basement (lovely old building) for dinner which was v. atmospheric and hten back up to ground floor for bar and dancing.

Bubble99 Thu 19-Jul-07 20:02:02

Petersham Nurseries/Palm centre ( Richmond-upon-Thames) is V. fashionable at the mo, not sure if it fits the 'funky' brief, though?

Groucho Club?

streetwise Thu 19-Jul-07 20:05:55

Basement - Perfect - looking at the site now

madamez Thu 19-Jul-07 20:07:42

Do you mean for a weding or for the reception? Because it might help when you're enquring about costs simply to say that it's for a 'party': some places hear the word wedding and double the figures - but don't give you any extra or at least nothing that you'd want.

streetwise Thu 19-Jul-07 20:08:55

Petersham Nurseries - a few people have mentioned that. Never been - checking it now.

Weasleybug Thu 19-Jul-07 20:10:02

I think thats why the menier was more reasonable because they're not actually a 'wedding reception' venue. AFAIK my bro's was the first they did. THe website doesn't really give you a feel for the space but I think they had the gallery space so had to have it when they were between exhibitions. It might be worth giving them a call to see (my bro's was 2 years ago.. or 3...erm... almost 3 cos I was very heavily pregnant !!).

streetwise Thu 19-Jul-07 20:11:00

We really want the wedding and reception in the same place - so we need to ask whether they do the ceremony

streetwise Thu 19-Jul-07 20:12:48

the menier looks ideal as we want somewhere a bit original. Everywhere we've seen so far looks really stuffy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now