Talk

Advanced search

To not tell the bride and groom?

(140 Posts)
AmazingGrace16 Sun 19-May-19 04:58:37

Maid of honour and best man here. Wedding starting at 3pm although obviously we've both got bits to do before then.
We've both come down with a tummy bug. It's not so horrific that it's constant... we've had one episode each.

Do we tell the bride and groom? I'm thinking no and just crack on unless it bubbles up again. But AIBU?

We've got two girls who seem fine too....

practicallyperfectmummy Sun 19-May-19 05:01:24

No don't tell them, drink water try to flush it out. Not something they need to be worrying about. Hope you feel better

LizziesTwin Sun 19-May-19 05:18:17

Wash your hands extra thoroughly to try & reduce risk of contagion

LuckyLou7 Sun 19-May-19 05:22:22

You can't bail out now!! Drink loads. Get immodium when the chemist opens (major supermarket pharmacy open 10am)
Feel better soon.

MaybeitsMaybelline Sun 19-May-19 05:37:25

Yup Imodium, you can buy it from the supermarket at 10 or possibly a Tesco express or similar in half an hour.

Eat carefully, drink water, stay quiet and power through.

LittleLongDog Sun 19-May-19 05:40:59

Take a bottle of hand sanitizer dnd use it constantly. Things like this can spread so quickly and you don’t want the bride and groom starting off married life with a tummy bug, nor hundreds of guests ending up ill.

Mummyoflittledragon Sun 19-May-19 05:54:32

Are they going on honeymoon in the next few days? I for example am really susceptible to getting stomach bugs. I would get it 100% guaranteed. What if the b&g or guests are the same? There could be elderly guests there. Stomach bugs can be kill. For me the choice you have as I see it is bail on the wedding or infect everyone.

You absolutely must tell the b&g. You will be infectious for at least 2 days after the symptoms subside and probably far more.

WhiteDust Sun 19-May-19 06:00:40

Might just be something you are yesterday. Imodium is what you need. Do everything above and drink lots of water.

WhiteDust Sun 19-May-19 06:00:56

ATE

WhiteDust Sun 19-May-19 06:03:59

Just to add, if you've only had one 'episode' (which end?) all night, it doesn't sound like a bug. More like an upset tummy.

Teddybear45 Sun 19-May-19 06:18:01

Don’t touch either of them and keep your kids away from them too. Last thing they need is a dv bug before honeymoon!

Catchingbentcoppers Sun 19-May-19 06:23:56

I would absolutely tell the bride and groom and let it be their decision if they want you there.

I can't believe people saying 'wash your hands' like this will mean you won't pass anything on. Some stomach bugs are so virulent they can be dangerous and you will be in very close proximity to lots of people today, particularly the bride and groom themselves.

I would be massively pissed off if someone put my guests at risk, particularly the elderly.

Blondebakingmumma Sun 19-May-19 06:28:36

I don’t think you should potentially infect the wedding guests and b&g. Warn them now, how long until the wedding?

PeoniesareKing Sun 19-May-19 06:33:52

One episode of diarrhoea each?
Imodium, careful hand washing and say nothing.
If it becomes persistent you might need to think again.

NauseousMum Sun 19-May-19 06:39:39

How do you know it's a bug? It could be food, especially with only one bout.

AmazingGrace16 Sun 19-May-19 06:39:50

One episode of d for me with not right tummy all day.
One episode of sickness for dh

southernsoftiestuckooopnorth Sun 19-May-19 06:39:52

Oh bloody hell! Hopefully it's just a one off because of something you are. But if it happens again I think you'll have to tell them. I wasn't part of them, but I know of s few weddings / christenings over the last few years where a virus has gone around. The people involved chose to go ahead which i though was brave!

AmazingGrace16 Sun 19-May-19 06:40:53

They aren't going on honeymoon

AmazingGrace16 Sun 19-May-19 06:43:39

You're all absolutely reflecting my thoughts. I'm happy to soldier on, drink water and rethink if it returns again.
But...
I also don't want it to spread if it is something. It could be food related? But I don't know. I felt poorly all day with a not right tum but only once did I have the instant need to dash to the loo.

ittakes2 Sun 19-May-19 06:45:51

When a chemist or health food store open i recommend you ring them and ask if they stock the homeopathic remedy Arsen alb 30c. Magic stuff. Was recommended to me after my 4 year old went 33 times in one day and he was too young to be allowed medicine to stop him - after 1st dose went once more and didn’t again. Have since recommended to lots of people who have also found it amazing. It’s about £4-6.

MaverickSnoopy Sun 19-May-19 06:53:10

Imodium and peptobismol (pink liquid in bottle). The former will bung you up and latter will ease queasy tummy. I've read travel sickness tablets can help but can't speak from experience.

Take it hour by hour. I wouldn't say anything unless you really have to.

SlowStarters Sun 19-May-19 06:56:50

Don't take immodium! Let the bug flush out, drink lots. How do you feel in yourself?

Personally I would tell the bride and groom, it's not your fault you're poorly, and let them make the decision.

I went to a wedding last Nov and one of the bridesmaids was obviously very poorly with a really nasty cold. Out of 100 guests 20 (including me) caught it even though we avoided her. I was ill for a fortnight.

AmazingGrace16 Sun 19-May-19 06:59:59

DH is making ill voice followed by lots of little tiny sighs.....he might get a slap

AmazingGrace16 Sun 19-May-19 07:00:54

I feel ok. I've definitely got loose bowels but it's not sudden onset anymore

SnapesGreasyHair Sun 19-May-19 07:03:34

He definitely needs a slap and told to man up for his friends wedding. No alcohol for either of you.

TheInvisibleMrsCrane Sun 19-May-19 07:10:15

Don’t bother with the homeopathy - it won’t do anything. I usually advise fluids and wait for it to stop, but in your situation I would go with loperamide (Imodium).

Full advice and how to find a pharmacy that is open near you:

www.nhs.uk/conditions/diarrhoea-and-vomiting/

Tilly28 Sun 19-May-19 07:15:33

I can’t believe people are saying go. If you’re ill you’re ill. Tell the bride and groom you’re ill and stay away. You could potentially cause a whole wedding party and guests to become ill. At best man and maid of honour it would be impossible to stay away from the B+G especially for photos/meal etc!

Medievalist Sun 19-May-19 07:25:30

Definitely tell the bride and groom. Say you'll still go dosed with Imodium (no homeopathic shit) but better they know in advance that you might suddenly bolt for the loo. That way they can have a back up plan ready just in case.

Namastbae Sun 19-May-19 07:27:17

It's nerves. You'll be fine.

user1474894224 Sun 19-May-19 07:33:04

Do not tell b&g. It's only a tummy bug. Immodium now. When the large boots opens get enterosgel - you take it in water after each episode of d or v. It's magic. (Normally we wouldn't take the immodium but in this instance get that down you both). Tell him by to man up. Although if he keeps puking you actually will have to tell them. But see if he can man up first. I'm getting married next Sat - I could deal with being ill after the event. My OH would stress if he new about this though. So keep quiet and get on with it. If either of you flakes after the meal during the reception then B&G will probably be having such a good time they won't be bothered.

TanMateix Sun 19-May-19 07:34:23

Agree it may be the nerves.

Spicypizza Sun 19-May-19 07:37:24

Don’t take Imodium. The bug needs to leave your body.

NiceViper Sun 19-May-19 07:39:37

There are 48 exclusion rules for very good reason.

It does sound as if you have an illness, one that is likely to be contagious.

Are you sure that no guests are elderly, pregnant, babes in arms or immune compromised?

Would you go into a crowd (presumably indoors) intaining such people at any other time?

Do you think people wouid want their wedding to be remembered as 'the one where everyone got ill'?

Given your roles in the bridal party, you know them well enough to talk to them. If you're going to bring avoidable risk to their party, at least let them share in that choice.

jcq17 Sun 19-May-19 07:43:51

One bout of the shits is pretty irrelevant crack on don't tell them you'll be fine.

awalkintheparka Sun 19-May-19 07:48:26

You can't bail! I went to a wedding and the bride had severe D and V. She powered through (looking extremely pale) and kept disappearing. She was in bed by 8pm but if turned out to be norovirus (she had a lot more sickness and poo episodes than you described) and this was days before Xmas!

Drink water and diroylte to replenish the body and Imodium to bung you up before the wedding starts. You'll be fine

OnlyFoolsnMothers Sun 19-May-19 07:49:01

The b&g will only panic- chemist/ hot water/ dry toast- and don’t tell em

Haisuli Sun 19-May-19 07:51:46

I had stabbing pains all afternoon one day this week. Suddenly had to run to look and thought I was definitely ill, but I wasn't, I was fine later on. Hopefully it'll all be same for you two. Good luck

Bubblysqueak Sun 19-May-19 07:52:15

With just one episode it could be anything, stress of the wedding, something you are, not necessarily a bug.

UpsydaisyandIgglePiggleareatit Sun 19-May-19 07:53:37

What did you wat last night? Was it the same thing? Any temperatures going on?

If you think it’s just something you ate then Imodium (you can actually get itat places like home bargains, don’t need to worry about a chemist)
Also could be nerves as PPs have said, everything goes through me even when I’m slightly nervous... the whole fight or flight thing... your body wants to dump everything in preparation.
Do you feel really unwell or just a funny tummy? Generally speaking if I have a bug I feel awful on a bigger scale but if it’s too much spicy food, nerves, eaten something a bit dodgy it’s just the tummy area.
If you really think it’s definitely a bug then tell them and come up with a game plan. Just a dodgy tummy... Imodium and crack on.

Propertywoes Sun 19-May-19 07:53:54

Id just take an immodium and get on with it.

INeedNewShoes Sun 19-May-19 07:56:08

One episode doesn't really sound like a bug; more like something you've eaten.

If it stops at that I think you're fine to go and not tell B&G.

CupOhTea Sun 19-May-19 08:00:30

If it was just one bout of diarrhea I'd have said to go, as it's probably nerves. But the sickness isn't very usual for adults unless they've got a bug. Or is it more common for your DH? What did he eat / drink last night? My DH cannot hold his drink at all and would be sick if he drank even a few pints.

Fwiw, I didn't find out till much later, but a handful of my close friends who had traveled to my wedding had a bug. No sickness, but diarrhea. I didn't get it and AFAIK, nobody else did either*. They all attended the wedding and all the parties either side of the wedding, (my parents hosted a few things). I had no idea anything was up! I was kissing and hugging them etc and we were off on honeymoon the Monday after the Saturday wedding. It was fine, but it could easily not have been. Quite lucky really.

*But, I don't know if I was shielded from that too! It was years ago, so I assume I'd habe found out by now.

XiCi Sun 19-May-19 08:02:38

It wouldn't even cross my mind not to go after just one episode of diarrhoea.

It's probably nerves or something you have eaten.

stepbackfromthecircles Sun 19-May-19 08:14:02

Just hope no one there is having chemo

Claphands Sun 19-May-19 08:16:26

Kaolin and morphine is good for stomach upsets but not all pharmacies stock it these days

ddl1 Sun 19-May-19 08:16:44

I think you should tell them, in case the wedding group includes elderly people, babies, people with immunity problems, or others who shouldn't be exposed; or the bride and groom themselves may have travel plans that would be messed up if they caught it. Very likely they'll say they're not worried, but you should give them the chance. If they do want you to go, then I think you should if at all possible.

NeverTwerkNaked Sun 19-May-19 08:20:27

Goodness, no wonder tummy bugs spread so fast!

Bubblysqueak Sun 19-May-19 08:21:28

Thinking about it I feel really sick when nervous (even if I don't realise I'm nervous) and always get a dodgy tummy when stressed or nervous. It could just be that.

ddl1 Sun 19-May-19 08:22:24

'Kaolin and morphine is good for stomach upsets but not all pharmacies stock it these days'

One word of warning: if you've never taken it before, you should probably not do so for the first time in this situation. I once took it and had a really bad reaction; I don't know whether it was to the kaolin or the morphine but it made me quite ill.

Imodium is often good in such situations, as others have suggested. You will have to find a pharmacy open on Sundays; but you could also ask the pharmacist what he/she recommends - they're often pretty good with suggestions.

Yesicancancan Sun 19-May-19 08:34:53

Is it constant or ... one episode
Which is it?
Don’t go. Not fair on others if it’s constant

constantcaller Sun 19-May-19 08:38:53

I think you should tell them and let them decide! Very selfish to just go and not say anything and then spreading it around, it's not just nerves- one of you've puked and the other had the shits! Very selfish not to say anything!! Xx

Ripasso Sun 19-May-19 08:42:14

I think you should tell the bride and groom. I got married last year and my mum was and still is on chemo. I would want anyone with your symptoms to have stayed at home. The risk to someone on chemo is too great. It is not fair to turn up without letting them know.

Treaclepie19 Sun 19-May-19 08:42:40

I would be majorly unimpressed if you were at my wedding and didn't tell me this.
I'm nervous about stomach bugs and being sick especially so I'd want to know and would hope you wouldn't mind staying away.

CottonSock Sun 19-May-19 08:45:15

One episode I would not even think twice. Bit different if you can't get off loo and feel / been sick.

Illberidingshotgun Sun 19-May-19 08:46:07

Yes, tell them and leave the decision up to them entirely. Better to be honest. They will know if there is someone at the wedding who has a lowered immune system, is immunosupressed etc and that this may be a danger to (eg someone might be going through chemo but not telling many people).

If you do go, then lots of handwashing, decline hugs, kisses, handshakes etc.

Pericombobulations Sun 19-May-19 08:47:56

Reading this thread makes it clear why half the guests, bride, groom and myself all came down with a tummy bug after their wedding. So many got it that it was investigated by the local authority in case it was food poisoning.

I was struggling with ocd at the time and it confirmed all my fears as real and I am struggling with the after effects nearly 20 years later.

You can't go.

Banhaha Sun 19-May-19 08:49:55

Tell them and leave it up to them. They might be ok with you trying to make it through the ceremony and photos and then going. But if you tell them then they have that choice and can choose to have someone else help out where they can.

candycane222 Sun 19-May-19 08:53:11

I don't think you should try to hide it. Stomach bugs can be very contagious, and very dangerous for both babies and elderly people

ineedaholidaynow Sun 19-May-19 08:54:25

For those saying it could be something you ate so it should be fine to go, aren’t some forms of food poisoning contagious so just as bad as going if you have a tummy bug?

Ferii Sun 19-May-19 08:59:18

Absolutely tell the b&g, one of my pet peeves is ppl who think that its ok to put other's health at risk. Washing your hands and alcohol gel isn't going to be enough of a precaution, as for homeopathy wtf really?! You're infectious until 48 hours after last episode of D&V. See what B&G want you to do, they may decide you can come and then just go home early or they may decide they don't want you risking the health of them and their guests. I'm a nurse and personally wouldn't take loperamide unless there was no other option in your case, it can be a great drug but better to get rid of whatever bug you've got and loperamide is a prescription drug in many countries (not UK) because it can be dangerous.

brummiesue Sun 19-May-19 08:59:45

Its one episode since 5am!! Cancelling is a little dramatic confused

Sugarformyhoney Sun 19-May-19 09:06:26

The 48 hour rule is for children who can’t manage their own hygiene well. Just go, if you feel up to it unless you have concerns about someone with a compromised immune system. We all use major shops etc everyday and the likelihood is that there will be one sick person among us everywhere. A wedding isn’t much different imo

rainbowstardrops Sun 19-May-19 09:10:12

Of course you should tell the B & G - it's bloody selfish not to! Let them decide if they want to take the risk.
I wouldn't necessarily have said this if it was just one episode of diarrhoea because that could be anything but the fact that your partner has been sick too changes it.
Don't be selfish

Lightbee Sun 19-May-19 09:12:16

Tell them. These bugs can be dangerous for some. As they are so contagious you will likely pass it on, you could end up infecting half the guests. Personally I’d be very upset if it were my wedding, we have several family members that could have life risking complications from contracting a bug. Quite dramatic consequences. Besides that, as someone else said; who wants their wedding to be remembered as the one where everyone got ill? Plus the fact that if that happens, it will be the venue that people will blame and could lead to them being investigated.

HiJenny35 Sun 19-May-19 09:13:36

What if you urgently need the toilet during the ceremony, without warning them they will think they need to come after you. Definitely explain, give them the option to ask you not to come.

CaravanHero Sun 19-May-19 09:21:26

Don't say anything. Like a pp said, stay hydrated, wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer.

I am the least bridezilla like person ever but having the MoH and Best Man not turn up would have upset me a lot on my wedding and put a dampner on the whole thing.

Whilst I wouldn't normally advocate going out with a bug I would take the educated risk that if I did pass it on it's unlikely to do anyone serious damage and go.

ineedaholidaynow Sun 19-May-19 09:22:40

I missed my DGM 100 birthday celebrations as I had d and v. I was beginning to feel better but I implemented the 48 hour rule (there were notices about that around the nursing home) I was desperately disappointed but there was no way I was risking making her ill and any of the other residents, it could have had horrendous consequences for some of them.

You need to tell them OP.

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Sun 19-May-19 09:24:52

Bung yourself up with imodium and carbs,you dont want to be needing the loo desperately when they are saying their vows.

IHeartKingThistle Sun 19-May-19 09:25:08

Give them the option FGS! I'd never forgive you if you turned up to my wedding poorly and infected people without telling me.

FWIW, I look pretty healthy on the outside but I had norovirus 10 years ago and have never fully recovered. I got it again last year and was hospitalised.

ineedaholidaynow Sun 19-May-19 09:26:50

Yes it would be very sad if you can’t go, but it might be something as good friends you would laugh about in a few years time. However, it wouldn’t be something that you would laugh about if you did go and contaminated half the guests.

SpacePlusTime Sun 19-May-19 09:31:59

(I’m assuming) someone did this as my wedding - ie. was ill like this and attended.

Over half my guests were ill in the next week including my husband. We had an investigation into the food standards at the venue but the conclusion was it was more likely a virus....

CruellaFeinberg Sun 19-May-19 09:35:08

How are you feeling now?

thehappyegg Sun 19-May-19 09:40:01

I got married a few months ago and I would definitely want to know to be honest. I would rather not have you there than run the risk of spreading a tummy bug to guests.

mycatisblack Sun 19-May-19 09:47:12

If it's just diarrhoea and you've not been sick, then it's more likely to be something you've eaten rather than a bug.
I get it frequently if I eat too much fatty food or diary products. If you take Imodium and it stops it, you should be fine.

Grainedmonkey Sun 19-May-19 09:55:25

I think you need to take ownership of this decision yourselves, which ever way it goes. To put the onus on the B&G will just add to their stress which isn't fair . I personally would go down the Imodium instant route and crack on in your case, but DP's vomiting i'm not sure.

ineedaholidaynow Sun 19-May-19 09:59:49

mycat the DH has been sick

grumiosmum Sun 19-May-19 10:03:30

Sounds like something you ate.

If it was something nasty like norovirus you would feel much, much worse.

Lizzie48 Sun 19-May-19 10:14:25

I would have wanted to know so that we could make a decision about it. You don’t know whether there are elderly people who are going to be there (there were several at my wedding) or guests who are pregnant or ill. There were also very young DC at our wedding who could be vulnerable to infection.

We would have been very sad if the best man and maid of honour (my DH’s DB and my DSis) couldn’t attend the wedding due to ill, and so would they have been. But it would have been even more upsetting if they’d said nothing and a D&V bug had been passed around between the wedding guests.

Your case isn’t clear cut, as it could be nerves or something you ate. Tricky. But that’s why you need to say something, I think.

I’m really sorry you’re having to deal with this at what is undoubtedly an event you’ve all been looking forward to and planning towards for a long time now. flowers

loulou0987 Sun 19-May-19 10:16:41

Could it be nerves?

Honeyroar Sun 19-May-19 10:19:07

It's a bit different going to a 100yr old's birthday party in a nursing home though!

I'd probably tell the B&G just in case they turn out to be as freaked out as some of the people on here. I'd say I thought it was probably something we ate, we've only been sick once a few hours ago and are happy to dose up on Imodium and be careful with what we eat-drink,but you thought you ought to tell them. (I'd usually let a bug/food poisoning pass through, but would definitely use Imodium in a case like this!

Medievalist Sun 19-May-19 10:19:17

f it was something nasty like norovirus you would feel much, much worse.

Simply not true. When I had Salmonella (which hospitalised me for a week) I just felt off with occasional bouts of diarrhoea for the first couple of days. Not saying that's what the op has, but best not to spread misinformation.

grumiosmum Sun 19-May-19 10:20:55

Apologies Medievalist, I'm happy to be corrected.

Damntheman Sun 19-May-19 10:21:19

Nerves gave me a horrible stomach on my wedding day! Imodium and apple juice saved the day.

To the posters saying don't take Imodium, yes the bug does need to leave the system but for a one day stop gap Imodium is gold.

Stopandlook Sun 19-May-19 10:23:25

What a shame. If I were the bride I wouldn’t want to know, would rather you told me 6 months later blush

FizzBuzzBangWoof Sun 19-May-19 10:27:57

Agree with Stopandlook if it was my wedding I wouldn't want to know

As others have said, plenty of water, Imodium and good hygiene

Yes, it could in theory be something wildly contagious but that is fairly unlikely and assuming no further episodes of D or V between now and the wedding then chances are it's just a run of the mill 24 hour bug

Pud2 Sun 19-May-19 10:30:00

Don’t tell them. They don’t need to know. It’s certainly not selfish to go along! Power through. It would be a great shame for them not to have their best man and maid of honour just because somebody might catch something. One never knows what one might catch on a day to day basis on the train, in a shop etc. We can’t live in a hygiene bubble.

ittakes2 Sun 19-May-19 10:35:51

TheInvisibleMrsCrane - I'm sorry but I disagree - the homeopathic remedy Arsen alb 30c is the only homeopathic remedy we use but we have been using it for upset stomachs successfully for 8 years. Never go on holiday now with out it. The NHS has homeopathic hospitals - my children were referred to the one in London. They are staffed by qualified doctors with additional homeopathic training. www.britishhomeopathic.org/treatment/nhs-homeopathic-treatment/

AhhhHereItGoes Sun 19-May-19 10:46:42

I think if you have any more bouts you should tell the bride and groom.

Once could be just a reaction to something your stomach doesn't agree with.

I have IBS so sometimes knowing if it's a big or just a bad flair up is difficult but often the presence of physical discomfort and nausea shows it.

I hope you're both ok to go.

Lizzie48 Sun 19-May-19 10:49:19

It’s the DP’s vomiting that makes it sound like a possible bug IMO. If it was just loose stools on one visit to the toilet I wouldn’t worry about, unless it happened a second time.

Flippedout Sun 19-May-19 10:52:32

Imodium ? Fluids and paracetamol

redstapler Sun 19-May-19 10:53:15

Homoeopathy will certainly help - it's just water and so will keep you hydrated. It won't do more than that as it's chemically no different from what you get out of the tap and the theory that the water remembers the imprint of the tiny trace of active medication it once saw is scientifically illiterate. We only have it on the NHS because every time they try and shut it Prince Charles sticks his oar in and so it's politically easier to keep it open. The homoeopathic hospital is basically a massive counselling service with some placebo pills thrown in.

Medievalist Sun 19-May-19 10:55:11

Well said Redstapler

Greenfield19 Sun 19-May-19 10:57:47

Could you just be nervous? Even subconsciously

AnyOldPrion Sun 19-May-19 10:58:11

If I was the bride, I wouldn’t want you there.

You mention you have two children. How old are they, and will they be going to the wedding? If it IS a bug and they come down with it too, it could make the whole wedding quite awful for everyone.

It might be something you both ate, but it’s just as likely to be a bug you’ve both picked up.

It’s obvious from this thread that lots of people would risk it, which is exactly why some big events and some cruises result in mass outbreaks.

Please tell the bride and groom. If I were you, I’d try to bow out, but I definitely think you need to talk to them. It’s their day you might ruin.

ineedaholidaynow Sun 19-May-19 10:58:32

Does Imodium stop sickness?

Yes a nursing home is different to a wedding but there may be elderly relatives there who wouldn’t cope well with a sickness bug

Catchingbentcoppers Sun 19-May-19 11:02:30

It’s certainly not selfish to go along! Power through.

I disagree. I think it's incredibly selfish. If you tell the bride and groom they may well say to come, or they may rather you didn't OP. They may have very elderly relatives, or those on chemo coming to their wedding.

I'm having chemo just now and I wouldn't want to be around someone who had been sick or had diahorrea so recently.

I'd like to say that I'm surprised by some of the 'just go and don't tell them' responses on here, but I'm not. So many people really don't give a shit about potentially making someone else very ill. It's awful.

ASauvignonADay Sun 19-May-19 11:04:07

May be the nerves, I had this day before/day of best friend's wedding! was a bridesmaid and took an Imodium and all was fine!

ittakes2 Sun 19-May-19 11:05:53

redstapler - since homoepathy is not even water and you can't take it with water...you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. I am not even a massive taker of anything fan - the OP asked for advice and I shared my positive experience with something. The fact you and Medievalist are even bothering to comment on something that I have found works for me, my family, my friends is puzzling. If I was going to another country where I thought we were very likely to get stomach upset, I would take Imodium and Arsen Alba with me - I just find for minor stomach upsets Arsen Alba does the trick. You obviously not a huge fan of homeopathics and I am not here to champion their benefits in general - just that in the eight years we have used Arsen Alba it has worked for us. A pharmacist recommended it to us when my son was too young for Imodium. It might not work for you - but it doesn't mean other people's experiences are invalid.

Reallybadidea Sun 19-May-19 11:07:53

Homeopathy is no longer available on the NHS in England. And about time, it's nothing more than quackery.

babba2014 Sun 19-May-19 11:07:55

You need to sleep for an hour or so to recover. I can recover quickly like this and no one else gets unwell. Wash your front and back of when your toilet comes out with water thoroughly. First wipe it with tissue, do not wet it or it just spreads. Then water front and back thoroughly. Then dry with tissue. Then wash your hands thoroughly. Do this every time.
Sleep for an hour and you should be fresh for 3pm but don't eat random things.
I've fasted 19 hours (Ramadhan) when I had a runny bug from not heating my food enough and doing this helped me or I'm not sure how else I managed without water etc. the entire day. All loo trips stopped after the nap too.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »