Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to say that Sudocrem contains magic powers - pics included!

(306 Posts)
bbcessex Sat 18-May-19 09:01:16

My family think I must have shares in Sudocrem because i recommend it for almost any ailment 😁😁

Latest proof: friction burn from dog lead walking accident (don’t ask)... medics recommended keep clean, loose dressing, leave it to heal naturally.. 1 week later, no better.

3 days of Sudocrem - virtually fixed, almost expect new foot to grow shortly !

who will join me in the Ode to Sudocrem - or even recommend new potions with magical powers that I can add to my list?

dementedpixie Sat 18-May-19 09:07:13

We still have it here too and my kids are 12 and 15

QOD Sat 18-May-19 09:08:13

My dd is 20 and we still use and recommend it 👍🏻👍🏻
Spots sores and chaffes

Chachaslider Sat 18-May-19 09:09:44

Great as an overnight 'face mask' reduces redness of spots and they shrink and leaves a glow

spanieleyes Sat 18-May-19 09:09:52

No children here but Sudocrem used for just about anything sore!

bbcessex Sat 18-May-19 09:11:35

Ooh - face mask.. there’s a use I haven’t tried yet..

Cottonwoolmouth Sat 18-May-19 09:12:44

Yes we’re a big fan over here too!

My friend who is in to all organic things hates it and refuses to believe it works.

We love vasaline too.

beachyhead Sat 18-May-19 09:15:52

Every bedroom has a tub of Sudocrem and a tub of Vicks. You shouldn't mix them up, but between the two, all sorted 😀

F1zzB1zz Sat 18-May-19 09:16:35

My eldest are 15 and we still use it for everything. It is amazing.

ratspeaker Sat 18-May-19 09:17:17

I use it on itchy skin and eczema.
Dont laugh but I've also used it on a pet rat when there were scratches that were slow to heal.

And last year I found Germolene works wonders for taking the itch out of mosquito bites

SnuggyBuggy Sat 18-May-19 09:35:36

I remember getting my first spot and DM digging out an ancient tub of sudocrem from when my DSis was in nappies. Worked a treat

juneybean Sat 18-May-19 09:38:38

No kids here and I still have a pot use it all the time haha

snowflakesnow Sat 18-May-19 09:38:49

Highly recommend to put in at bedtime for spots always wake up with baby soft skin

Smurfy23 Sat 18-May-19 09:41:31

Any kind of skin complaint/reaction in the Smurfy house results in the grey tub of magic coming out!

KOKOtiltomorrow Sat 18-May-19 09:44:50

Agree. It is amazing.

ChesterDrawsDoesntExist Sat 18-May-19 09:46:05

It's amazing stuff.

It is also the big "milestone" thing my kids have in common. I've not had the usual "they all bite at some point" or "they all draw on the walls at least once" or the "pouring milk all over the worktop" etc but they have all found sudocrem and covered themselves and household items in it. By child No.3 I don't even know where the hell they found it because I thought I had learned my lesson and any sudocrem was locked away like a controlled prescription drug!

It may cure all that ails ya but Christ almighty it's a bitch to get out of toddler hair, tv remotes and alarm clocks.

DrFoxtrot Sat 18-May-19 09:46:09

I love it too!

bbcessex Sat 18-May-19 09:50:23

Oh yes...that’s a point... it does NOT have magic powers when trying to get it out of the carpet - or the dog!

OddBoots Sat 18-May-19 09:51:16

I came late to it but my dad is having some very powerful chemotherapy that is causing his hand and feet to peel and be sore and sudocream has been a great help to him.

mmgirish Sat 18-May-19 09:51:52

I love sudocrem too. It's like a magic tear stopping cream in our house.

madroid Sat 18-May-19 09:54:19

My marriage was on the rocks and just a smear of sudocrem every night for a week soon had us back on track.

I'm posting from my second honeymoon now smile

AlyssasBackRolls Sat 18-May-19 09:55:28

It was/is zinc and castor oil in my house which is similar but less smelly!

Iggly Sat 18-May-19 09:57:41

I love sudocrem and was very excited to buy a large 400g tub!

More excited than I should be really

Likethebattle Sat 18-May-19 10:00:31

I got an insect bite while out bike riding popped sudocrem on overnight and it disappeared. They made a suncream a few years ago with factor 50, it was great.

HappydaysArehere Sat 18-May-19 10:03:52

I wouldn’t be without it. When I had a fall a few months ago I had a nasty area which wouldn’t heal up. The nurse at the surgery told me to use sudocreme as she said “it’s wonderful stuff”. It worked in no time at all. I have also used it for a burn, sore places in various parts of my body.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »