Talk

Advanced search

to expect the postman/free newspaper deliverer/junk mail/charitybag person to put the stuff *through* the letterbox and not leave it poking out ??

(9 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Thu 19-Jul-07 14:02:33

grr - this drives me mad - I also fret about it when we're away..

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Thu 19-Jul-07 14:10:51

charity bags are supposed to be put completely through, coming from somebody who delivers them. maybe call the companies and complain they are not going through, it is in the etiquette!

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Thu 19-Jul-07 14:11:05

oh YANBU btw!

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 19-Jul-07 14:16:57

yes, good idea -about the ch. bags - thanks sleepless !

WinnieThePooh Thu 19-Jul-07 14:33:19

YANBU.

I got so fed up with our free neswpaper not being pushed through right (and getting torn in the process) that DP sent of an email complaining about it. Now it is always pushed right the way through.

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 19-Jul-07 14:37:09

i ALWAYS THINK i MIGHT RUN OUT AND CONFRONT THE FREE NEWSPAPER PERSON but they seem to deliver on different days,sometimes not at all - at least it makes it to the letterbox rather than being chucked on to the mat - now that'd be cross-making.

HedTwigg Thu 19-Jul-07 14:37:57

heheheheheh

this doesn't really wind you up does it?

does it look untidy

SNORT

yes totally unreasonable

MaryAnnSingleton Thu 19-Jul-07 17:38:47

it's the laziness that bothers me - how much effort does it take to just do the job properly (and the=y can shut the gate too)

SleeplessInTheStaceym11House Thu 19-Jul-07 19:40:42

MAS they are supposed to shut gates too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: