Talk

Advanced search

to murder disgusting smell-obsessed woman at work

(182 Posts)
Snuffalo Thu 16-May-19 19:42:59

I swear she has some kind of fetish. In the morning she tells us about the 'whiffy' (seriously) people she encountered on the bus. When she comes back from the toilet she invariably says things like 'smells like someone crawled in the pipes and died'. Today I was just about to take my first bite of some boring sliced edam cheese (that smells of nothing) on a fucking Ryvita and she says 'ooh good, it's your lunch, I thought it might be your feet for a minute there! Cheesy feet haha!' and I was so annoyed and disgusted I got up and threw the whole lot in the trash.

I'm the manager of her manager and I'm seriously considering raising this as a performance issue...

Fairenuff Thu 16-May-19 20:13:01

'she says 'ooh good, it's your lunch, I thought it might be your feet for a minute there! Cheesy feet haha!' and I was so annoyed and disgusted I got up and threw the whole lot in the trash'

'OMG I’m not ACTUALLY going to raise it as a performance issue any more than I am actually going to murder her! I didn’t realise this was take-everything-literally day, sorry!'

Can you see the irony in those two statements OP?

DaphneFanshaw Thu 16-May-19 20:16:36

I hate to say it but I think your attitude stinks op.

bliminy Thu 16-May-19 20:16:43

So she overreacts to smells and you overreact to her talking about the smells, but it's OK for you to overreact because you're human.

yumyumpoppycat Thu 16-May-19 20:18:07

Daphney grin

Crinkle77 Thu 16-May-19 20:19:04

I think you're being a bit precious.

LimeKiwi Thu 16-May-19 20:20:49

I hate to say it but I think your attitude stinks op

Actually lolled grin

To be fair, you DID say you say you were seriously thinking of raising it as a performance issue.
Then got arsey "OMG, I wouldn't actually raise it as a performance issue!" because people weren't agreeing with you lol.
Oh and - YABU

pitterpatterbaby Thu 16-May-19 20:21:03

No way you're her managers manager behaving that way....if by chance you are you have performance issues! grinhmm

Bwekfusth Thu 16-May-19 20:21:21

@Arabuella she also asked if it would be unreasonable to murder said colleague. That bit wasn't taken literally too, surely?

BuildBuildings Thu 16-May-19 20:22:22

Jesus christ! I'm surprised at how many people are taking this so literally! You must all be fun to hang around!

MisfitsMous Thu 16-May-19 20:22:26

I think its weirder that you threw away your lunch because she mentioned the smell of cheese than her noticing the smell of cheese.

Mammylamb Thu 16-May-19 20:22:50

I’ve reported this thread as you threatened murder

mouldyhousemouldylife Thu 16-May-19 20:23:20

OMG I’m not ACTUALLY going to raise it as a performance issue any more than I am actually going to murder her! I didn’t realise this was take-everything-literally day, sorry!

You threw your lunch away because of it. hmm

SunInTheSkyYouKnowHowIFeel Thu 16-May-19 20:24:42

You threw your lunch away? TBH it's not your colleague whose coming off badly here.

Massive over-reaction confused

Did this colleague notice you throwing your lunch away?

LimeKiwi Thu 16-May-19 20:25:34

Jesus christ! I'm surprised at how many people are taking this so literally! You must all be fun to hang around!

She stropped off in disgust to the bin to throw her dinner in the bin because of the stinky remark.
Could quite easily raise it as an issue seeing as ya know, prone to drama and said she was actually seriously considering it lol
this is where emoticons come in handy

Blueeyesdarkhair Thu 16-May-19 20:26:32

Lol at throwing your lunch away. You should add that to the ‘fit of pique’ thread 😂
Seriously though the next time she comments on the toilets smelling just say FFS it’s the toilets what do you expect them to smell like ? 🙄 (yes I have had the same conversation)

Teddybear45 Thu 16-May-19 20:27:32

This is a behaviour issue rather than a performance once. How are behaviour issues handled at your workplace? At mine everyone gets a behaviour score and managers can and do mark down for anti-social behaviour. The people who are marked down don’t get bonuses.

badlydrawnperson Thu 16-May-19 20:28:07

YANBU I wouldn’t convict you if on the Jury

Furnitureville Thu 16-May-19 20:28:17

Poor OP, jeez people on this thread are so uptight.

Just tell her to STFU.

HasThisSoddingNameGoneToo Thu 16-May-19 20:28:36

Everyone - the OP was only going to have Edam and Ryvita for lunch, and then threw it away. She's obviously hangry. Someone hold her while I order a pizza.

10000thusername Thu 16-May-19 20:30:03

Glad you're not my manager

Snuffalo Thu 16-May-19 20:30:45

Just in case anyone was in doubt, I do realise that I am not the heroine of this story. I was unreasonable to throw away my lunch. I’m thin-skinned, I can dish it out but I can’t take it, and if you knew me in real life you’d probably hate me.

DaphneFanshaw Thu 16-May-19 20:32:16

Good idea Sodding.

<<rugby tackles the op and sits on her back>>

MollysMummy2010 Thu 16-May-19 20:32:23

Off topic but I just can’t pronounce hyperbole - I always say hyper bowl even though I know it is wrong. Bloody English language.

SunInTheSkyYouKnowHowIFeel Thu 16-May-19 20:33:52

Kind of like the word Biopic MollysMummy

DaphneFanshaw Thu 16-May-19 20:35:35

I always say feery instead of fiery. I just read it the wrong way and said it like that into my 30s.
grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »