Talk

Advanced search

I am not a good wife

(42 Posts)
YourSarcasmIsDripping Thu 16-May-19 18:17:44

The onlyone that can complain (not judge) is your husband. No one else has the right to do so. My mum is horrified at how "neglected" OH is,he doesn't give a shit.grin

Oneofthosedreadfulparents Thu 16-May-19 18:17:05

Read your OP, went away and came back to see that what I was going to say had already been written. So in essence- I’m a great cook, half decent mum, shite housekeeper, and my DIY skills aren’t up to much. But as a partner, I’m supportive, I care how he feels, I invest in our future together and he does the same. Just worry about the important stuff, the rest is a distraction.

70sWitch Thu 16-May-19 18:12:52

Are you on the wind up?
Wife = sex and cooking?

Er.... I'm the worst wife ever then. confused

WorraLiberty Thu 16-May-19 18:08:46

Weird thread confused

Do you normally need this level of reassurance OP?

femidom12 Thu 16-May-19 18:07:03

Yes you need to go back to wife school lol

CherryPavlova Thu 16-May-19 18:04:06

My view is very outmoded; the role of a good wife is to be adored by her husband. Anything else is his bonus.

3in4years Thu 16-May-19 18:02:06

Yes, very outdated view but only just occurred to me that some might judge me as a useless wife. No-one says I'm not doing enough. I am doing all I can to be honest, I am shattered! But it is definitely dh who comes last.

KatyaZamolodchikova Thu 16-May-19 17:53:27

I am a terrible wife, I forgot DH’s birthday this year. We had only been married 4 days.

You need to put less pressure on yourself, sounds like DH thinks you’re a pretty ace wife.

Gth1234 Thu 16-May-19 17:50:31

All men (well most) complain they don't get enough. (sex). You sound OK to me. More importantly, your DH seems to agree. Who said you weren't; doing enough?

Namastbae Thu 16-May-19 17:33:11

It sounds like your measure of a "good wife" is someone who provides food and sex for their husband which, to be honest, seems very outdated!

To me, being a good partner is about being a part of a team. So finances, childcare, housework, down time, sex -it's equal, mutual and shared.

Sometimes I'm a great partner, sometimes a rubbish one -same for DH. No one is perfect all the time.

3in4years Thu 16-May-19 17:26:16

Thank you. My dh thinks I am great and never complains. But he would love more sex!

YourSarcasmIsDripping Thu 16-May-19 17:19:24

Do you want to be a good wife?
Is your husband complaining?
Do you want to change things for yourself or because of some arbitrary idea of what a "good wife " is?

For the record,I don't cool for OH and sex ,while great,it's pretty rare. I'm still an awesome partner.

The80sweregreat Thu 16-May-19 17:19:14

Your doing well.
I hate cooking and been married for nearly 30 years. Dh is a better cook than me and I just cook easy to do stuff.
Looking after small children is time consuming!
Has he said anything about it?

Bunnica15 Thu 16-May-19 17:16:06

You don’t sound rubbish to me!

Orangecake123 Thu 16-May-19 17:15:59

*what

Orangecake123 Thu 16-May-19 17:15:33

OP you're doing you're best.That's all that matters.

3in4years Thu 16-May-19 17:14:20

I've just realised that I am a shit wife. I almost never cook, and we almost never dtd.
I go around thinking I'm ace because I work part time and keep 3 little kids alive and loved, get them to school etc on time, take them out a lot, keep the house cleanish and tidyish, stay in touch with friends and support family, do exercise...
But I am a rubbish wife. Must try harder! Anyone else really rubbish at one area of life? Prepared to be told off!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »