Talk

Advanced search

to be pissed off with people who take HOURS to fill up their car with petrol whilst there is a huge que behind them

(38 Posts)
sallystrawberry Thu 19-Jul-07 01:01:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallystrawberry Thu 19-Jul-07 01:02:57

Tortington Thu 19-Jul-07 01:08:18

NO YANBU - inconsiderat fuckers - drives me MAD MAD MAD MAD

fill up with petrol - saunter over to the petrol station /tesco express store
AND DO A WEEKS FUCKING SHOP fuckers.

then there are the people who stall the queue because their petrolcap is on the other side

IT STRETCHES you fucking moron.

KerryMumbledore Thu 19-Jul-07 01:29:16

I hate that myself. If there's a queue I always pump then move the car and then go into pay.

Tortington Thu 19-Jul-07 01:50:31

me too

sallystrawberry Thu 19-Jul-07 11:42:52

Speccy Thu 19-Jul-07 11:49:43

mcnoodle Thu 19-Jul-07 11:52:13

YANBU

Got into a bit of a 'pump-rage' situation with a bloke the other week. Me desperate to get to work, ds crying in the back, him poncing around doing full supermarket shop.

Was furious so asked him why he hadn't moved car if he was doing weekly purchase of Big Eat crisps, fanta and condoms.

He told me to eff off.

Tosser

LazyLineLegilimens Thu 19-Jul-07 11:52:46

Urgh Custardo those ones who seem to think that their car is so MASSIVE that they couldn't possible stretch the pump to the other side of their huge pussywagon and therefore end up queueing like morons to use the pump on the other side drive me spare!

*breathe...

saltireslytherin Thu 19-Jul-07 11:54:16

It's the ones who then start wiping their windscreen and washing the front of their car and bending down to check their tyres that pi$$es DH off!

DangerousBeans Thu 19-Jul-07 11:59:22

I never stretch over to the other side any more.

The last time I did, it was a bit of a tight squeeze, and I had to bend down to pull it back out.

The handle slipped out of my hand and hit me in the face.

It was a bloody freezing day, and I was able to cover the mark on my cheek with the cunning use of my scarf.

I bit back my tears, and pretended everything was fine.

The petrol station attendant was sat on the floor crying with laughter when I went to pay.

He promised not to rewind the security tape and show it to his colleagues.

I told him that he was too old to have such greasy hair.

I think we understood each other.

mcnoodle Thu 19-Jul-07 11:59:24

I think it's even worse when they're not doing anything.

Just SITTING there - why why why?

patronuscharm Thu 19-Jul-07 12:03:01

I am normally patient with people at the petrol pump - even those doing a shop as well. I sit quite patiently waiting my turn. However, I turn into an unreasonable grump if they return to the car and then sit there for ages faffing about oblivious to the queue behind them.

Meglet Thu 19-Jul-07 14:08:27

YANBU. it annoys me too! I always try to be extra fast when filling my car up if there is a queue behind me, no faffing about reading Heat on the magazine stand either!

OrmIrian Thu 19-Jul-07 14:18:41

ROFL beans!

I sort of sympathise sally. But I try to be calm about it. Mainly because even if I'm not doing any of those annoying things my fuel tank is so huge it takes hours just to fill it. So I'm still there when everyone else has farted about, been to the shop, done a months worth of shopping, chatted and possibly had an affair with cashier and finally got back in the car and fiddled with the seat belt

Bouncingturtle Thu 19-Jul-07 14:20:38

I don't like stretching the hose (had similar issues to Dangerousbean), but I always make sure I pump so my cap is nearest the pump. I grab my handbag, open the filer cap, lock car, fill car, close filler cap, pay (assuming I'm not using pay at pump), get back in car and drive off.
It never takes more than 5 mins. So YANBU, I find it irritating too!

Oblomov Thu 19-Jul-07 14:37:41

I hate stretching to the other side. I will do it, but only if I have to.

Fimbo Thu 19-Jul-07 14:47:36

<<<Hums whistfully>>>

I remember the days when someone use to come out and fill up for you!

Dh can't understand why people won't pay at the pump.

iota Thu 19-Jul-07 14:53:21

hmmm well I do find it a struggle to get the hose across my fairly normal estate car and I do have to hold the hose in place, getting my hands dirty in the process, so no, I prefer to fill up from the easier side.

iota Thu 19-Jul-07 14:54:06

I tend not to pay at pump as am usually picking up a newspaper or milk or something

DontlookatmeImshy Thu 19-Jul-07 14:55:44

I tryed paying at the pump once.

Instructions clear as mud. Kept asking for card then spitting it out without doing anything. Took longer than it would've to go into the shop. Goodness knows how the payment went through correctly but it did. Never again. Give me a greasy haired cashier anyday.

serenity Thu 19-Jul-07 15:00:40

None of the pumps around here stretch around my Estate so <<rssp>>

I live in London, so none of the pay at the pump things work (we're thieving bastards who just pump and run I think) so <<rssp>>

apart from that I have every sympathy, but try and calm down dear

crispyduck Thu 19-Jul-07 15:06:10

haha this only happened to me just yesterday, so irritating, lady in front took ages to pay then when she go back into car started adjusting seat belt,seat, sunglasses etc I had to wait another 5 minutes for her to feel comfy enough for her to start engine and pull away....
sorry for the rant..........

LazyLineLegilimens Thu 19-Jul-07 16:30:38

serenity, your car can't be too much wider than a normal one, surely?

serenity Thu 19-Jul-07 16:53:04

I don't think so, no - but it's higher so has to stretch further, or all the petrol stations I've tried it in (and failed, usually with some impatient person waiting behinnd me ) have exceedingly short hoses.

Or I'm crap <<shrugs>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now