Talk

Advanced search

To want to come on MN and brag and puff out my norks cos DD has had a fabulous school report and I am dead dead proud of her?

(16 Posts)
Gingerbear Wed 18-Jul-07 22:19:08

She started reception in September 06 and was tearful and shy as she was the new girl (all the others were in Nursery at same school). She has come on in leaps and bounds, made friends and is a proper little socialite and the teacher said 'She is a pleasure to teach and I will miss her'

I am filling up, I am so proud of her.

<<Hugs DD to huge bosom, suffocating her and leaking milk all over>>

teary, postnatal, breastfeeding, etc.

Blondilocks Wed 18-Jul-07 22:21:46

No, not being unreasonable.

It's fab when they have a good report ... we toasted DD at dinner after hers & she was so chuffed with that (think it made her feel really grown up!)

Kbear Wed 18-Jul-07 22:22:16

LOVELY - you're right to be proud.

Gingerbear Wed 18-Jul-07 22:28:19

DH has promised her a treat - but we can't think of one suitable for a 5 yr old. A glass of champagne just doesn't seem right somehow.

Hulababy Wed 18-Jul-07 22:31:11

Ah well done to mini GB She's a star

DD got a HSM t shirt as her treat after last week's report. Went down fab as she loves the film so much.

ScottishMummy Wed 18-Jul-07 22:35:35

Awwwwwwwww congratulations so very well done such nice read

i would be stopping strangers in supermarket (lol if i had school age child) so yep tell everyone

CharleyBunnifredNubble Wed 18-Jul-07 22:38:13

Aw! well done to mini Gingerbear! Slap on the back to the proud mummy Gingerbear (I ain't going anywhere near your leaky boobs!)

ejt1764 Wed 18-Jul-07 22:40:42

Gingerbear - congrats to your dd ... and as for a treat, we took ds to see Shrek 3 as a reward for an excellent report last week (end of nursery class) - he thought it was magic - and told everybody he knew that he'd been to the cinema for having an excellent report!

Gingerbear Wed 18-Jul-07 22:46:52

Charleybunnifrednubble - who are you? I love the namechange btw, don't understand it, but fab nontheless.

mistypeaks Wed 18-Jul-07 22:49:30

that's ace. well done mummy and LO.

saadia Wed 18-Jul-07 22:59:42

Well done to her that's great.

When ds got his report I was so bowled over I said he could be the king and made him a paper crown , he was a bit bemused by it all.

Clary Thu 19-Jul-07 13:32:45

GB that's wonderful, bless yr dd.

WendyWeber Thu 19-Jul-07 13:36:56

Oh how lovely, GB - well done to your Gingercub

(Did you see one of the teachers here posted on another school reports thread that although some comments made are pretty much routine, "a pleasure to teach" is always totally sincere? Which is nice to know!)

Meglet Thu 19-Jul-07 14:03:46

hurray! so nice to hear good news on here!

marymoocow Thu 19-Jul-07 14:17:26

Well done to your dd Gingerbear. It does make your eyes fill up doesn't it.

Can i just quietly boast (if that's possible) that my dd's headteacher said "she really is a star pupil". That made us very proud.

ejt1764 Thu 19-Jul-07 14:33:36

Wendy - I didn't see the comment about 'a pleasure to teach' always being sincere - but, as a teacher myself, I will definitely second it!

Other ones that ime are sincere are:

'A joy to have in the class'
'a thoroughly polite and pleasant child'

but also ...
'shows an unacceptable level of slothfulness' (and yes, I have used that one!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now