Talk

Advanced search

To get an overwhelming sense of danger from a stranger?

(677 Posts)
ThisIsCheese Tue 07-May-19 09:57:40

The weirdest thing just happened. I’m in the supermarket and as I’m stood selected and bagging vegetables I suddenly feel very uncomfortable.
There is a man about 50 something stood with his elderly mother a few feet away to the side of me and I felt very sick and uncomfortable when I looked at him.
Absolutely no reason for it but it was overwhelming, like a sense of fear he was not a good man.

Completely clueless why I felt that way I moved along quickly but I crossed paths with him again in another aisle and knew he was there before I saw him because the sick / anxious feeling returned.

Anyone else ever had this? I don’t have anxiety or anything but this feeling was so odd, like I could sense he wasn’t a good person.

Never met him before, he could be perfectly lovely but my physical reaction to him was so strong confused

LadyOfTheCanyon Thu 30-May-19 16:07:38

Oh God Uxbridge station was full of nutters back in the day. Late 80s I rang a cab from the phone box to pick me up at the bus station. They always asked you to stand at the back entrance to Woolworths for ease of finding you. It was about 1am and deserted. The cab firm had said about 20 minutes. The station was deserted.

20 minutes later a car pulled up so I got in.

Well turns out the guy wasn't from the cab firm but just a lone nutbag who liked to drive around looking for random women to help out. I didn't let him drive me home, I chatted nicely even though he was clearly mad, and then when reasonably near my house I told him to drop me off and then sprinted up an alley and hid in someone's garden for about half an hour before I felt it was safe to actually go home.

That'll learn me!

teacakes44 Thu 30-May-19 16:32:05

Blimey crikey! I have many fond memories of Uxbridge but that one isn’t one of them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »