Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

AIBU:- To hate the Annabel Karmel moulis thing I brought....

(9 Posts)
Lizzzombie Tue 17-Jul-07 16:00:37

...am I missing the point of it? Am I doing something wrong? Its a piece of cr*p, I could mash things better with a piece of old toenail.
I'm cross that I wasted all my boots points on this. Grr.
Has anyone found other uses for their AK moulis?

dressedupnowheretogo Tue 17-Jul-07 16:02:15

i used it well once i realised if i stuck an old tea towel underneath to catch all the juice and if i used a sharp pointed knife to lock the grate into place it was fab

used it over a space of for hours to make four weeks of purrees then did blw instead

bng it on ebay and get some money back

Lizzzombie Tue 17-Jul-07 16:09:45

Think I may have to. Unless I can make it work for producing DIY facepacks? Or maybe guaceomole/hummous for me. Or crushing up frozen magarhita mix!

hannahsaunt Tue 17-Jul-07 16:14:52

A straightforward handblender is much more effective and much easier to clean (and much cheaper...)

Sixofone Tue 17-Jul-07 19:34:29

OMG NO you are so NOT being unreasonable, I loathe mine too!! You end up with cramp in your arm, and cramp in the other hand holding the bloody thing.

It's such a piece of crap. I'm going to flog mine on Ebay.

WilkiesWizardWheezes Tue 17-Jul-07 19:37:40

Hello love. My el cheapo one from RANGE is brill. You can't hand blend certain things - a mouli is designed to remove the hard indigestible husks from things such as sweetcorn, dried apricots etc that would give LO tummy ache.

Take it back to boots and demand a refund. I would.

Sixofone Tue 17-Jul-07 19:38:36

Yep potato and sweet potato you are not meant to hand blend, as it goes all starchy and horrible

Lizzzombie Wed 18-Jul-07 14:37:46

Ok, so I can use it for potatoes and that is all right?
So really it should be sold as a potato moulis.
piece of shit!

crokky Wed 18-Jul-07 14:40:19

Total piece of crap. Put mine in bin!! (Thought was unhygienic to sell/donate)

I just put the potatoes in with other stuff when using hand blender.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now