Talk

Advanced search

To be hacked off my MW was a no show for a home visit this am?

(6 Posts)
louloulouise Tue 17-Jul-07 13:55:45

I'm 40+1 and the MW was supposed to visit between 10 and 12, needless to say she was a no show and the afternoon clinic which I normally attend is booked up (hence the home visit arranged last week at clinic). I'm a bit disappointed as I was going to ask her to do a sweep which is out of the question if she turns up this afternoon as my daughter is home from nursery.

What should I do? The only number I have is for the antenatal clinic at the unit, not sure whether they sort stuff like this from there or not. Do I ring or just leave it and go to the consultant's clinic on Friday as booked for my overdue appt.

I'm a little miffed at the no show but not particularly surprised tbh, with A I had 3 postnatal no shows from the mw's, one of which was my discharge visit and I had to give my notes to the HV as I hadn't a clue what to do with them.

Sorry for the mini rant - what should I do?

Sixofone Tue 17-Jul-07 13:57:28

Jump up and down a bit? Will soon get rid of your crossness and maybe will bring on your labour, after which you won't care any more anyway?

Or ring your GP surgery, get your MW@s mobile number and find out where she is?

mazzystar Tue 17-Jul-07 13:58:59

might she have been attending a home birth or an emergency?

do you have a number for your community midwives? your drs should be able to give you the number if not.

GryffindorGHOSTY Tue 17-Jul-07 14:00:45

She was probably with another lady who was giving birth. When my midwife couldn't make it to see me it was for that reason usually. She would ring me though, to let me know. I would ring and find out if I were you.

JodieG1 Tue 17-Jul-07 14:02:31

If she can make the afternoon then go ahead with the sweep takes a few seconds and dd will be none the wiser if you give her something to do nearby.

louloulouise Tue 17-Jul-07 14:26:44

Gave antenatal clinic a ring who advised me to call labour ward who advised that they could visit any time up until 5pm. When I mentioned that an am appointment was specifically mentioned she put me through to the clerk at antenatal office who said she would try and get someone to call me back, so am now waiting

We shall see.....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: