Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to feel DH is treating me like a naughty child

(19 Posts)
RosaLuxembourg Tue 17-Jul-07 10:41:20

Friend rang when I was doing the school run to say Monsoon sale is starting and did I want to come. DH told her that I couldn't because I had too much Open University work to do today. Is true that I am behind with my work but I just feel like he was saying I can't go out to play until I have done my homework. Drawback of having a DH who works (very hard) from home!
So shall I stay home and study or risk disapproving frowns?

harleyd Tue 17-Jul-07 10:44:31

get your coat & bag & go buy something nice

GreengottsTheGoblinBank Tue 17-Jul-07 10:46:07

Tell him to go piss up a rope!

dmo Tue 17-Jul-07 10:46:23

poor you having dh working from home
i would be temped to go but then couldnt be bothered with the earache if i moaned i was behind with my course work

mumblechum Tue 17-Jul-07 10:48:50

You're not missing anything. Just spent an hour in there looking for a nice dress & it was all dross.

Hope that makes you feel better if you do have to finish your homework

harleyd Tue 17-Jul-07 10:49:05

bugger the earache, i would go and make a day of it, have lunch and a few glasses of wine then ring him and tell him he will have to pick up the kids!

Staceym11 Tue 17-Jul-07 10:55:35

id go!

theressomethingaboutmarie Tue 17-Jul-07 12:11:48

Order him to stand in the corner facing the wall to give him time to think about what he's said. What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Enjoy your shopping

maisemor Tue 17-Jul-07 12:15:28

As I say to my hubby whilst wagging my finger at him "work, work, work"

It is going to be much more fun to go shopping with a clear conscious.

hayley2u Tue 17-Jul-07 12:30:34

id go shopping. jesus u need some fun, and if its a few hours bargain hunting go for it. id tell him of for pressuming u would not go .not everyday u get a god sale

UnquietDad Tue 17-Jul-07 12:32:24

Go if you want.

But then let him have some Him Time too. Without moaning.

Flum Tue 17-Jul-07 12:40:42

Ahhh, ha ha ha maybe he was trying to help you stay on the straight and narrow and not let her distract you. Have you actually got spare cash in the bank to buy clothes with, if so you should go. If its going on credit or overdraft, you so definately should not go near the place.

helenhismadwife Tue 17-Jul-07 12:54:13

I would go to

WigWamBam Tue 17-Jul-07 12:59:46

What UnquietDad said, but with one addition.

Don't moan or expect sympathy from him when you are even further behind with your OU work and you're up at 2am completing a TMA ...

HelenLoveJoyOfSpringfield Tue 17-Jul-07 12:59:56

I'd be pleased that Dh took an interest in my studies, but I know I am in a minority

yama Tue 17-Jul-07 13:08:57

I agree with you Helen.

krispie Tue 17-Jul-07 13:11:51

it wasn't up to him to make that decision. he should have said "she's got a lot of college work i think but I'll get her to call you back and let you know"

cheeky beggar!

RosaLuxembourg Tue 17-Jul-07 13:49:55

Well, I've been. I bought a cardigan that I LOVE. Thanks for the moral support guys. Now I need to do some work before the school run

krispie Tue 17-Jul-07 13:52:06

yay rosa!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now