Advanced search

To be pissed off at my window cleaner in "asking" for a brew..

(13 Posts)
shhhh Mon 16-Jul-07 14:22:18

Thing is IF I have time then usually I will make him and the others one and pay him at the same time BUT usually Im to busy with dd and ds to do it atm. BUT I OFFER.

This morning he rang the door bell at 9.30am and said "is it ok for you to pay me now, saves me coming back later, OH and can you make me a brew please" . My face must have been a picture. He said, 2 tea's, one 1 sugar, 1 3 sugars. Then his mate replied, I don't fancy Tea. Can I have coffee instead please .

FFS,felt like asking him if he wanted one of my "special" m&s biscuits as well...No in fact have the full fecking packet while you are there.

Thing is I WAS busy, in the middle of a nappy change, while still needing a shower, dress 2 babies and to get out he house in 30 mins. But I couldn't say no. Was to shocked.

When I brought them out 10 mins later, they were sat on my wall having a fecking tea break. Don't get me wrong, nothing against window cleaners But I though this was sooooooo cheeky.

beansprout Mon 16-Jul-07 14:24:28

No, YANBU, they are. Cheeky feckers.

LoveMyGirls Mon 16-Jul-07 14:24:39

YANBU Cheeky feckers! Otoh this is what you get for being too nice to the window cleaners Next time say you know i would do but im up to my eyes in shit so unless you want to do that while i make tea............

OrmIrian Mon 16-Jul-07 14:25:43

No. You're not.

Just a leetle bit cheeky . I generally offer to workmen - or to anyone that has to come to my house and be there for a reasonable period of time - but IME window cleaners are not there for that long. And to actually ask!

Did you spit in the tea?

shhhh Mon 16-Jul-07 14:32:58

rotflmao at these replies..! Thanks everyone..!!
See thing is if dh had answered the door (if he was off work) then...OMG,they would have got the response I wanted to give.! He goes mad at me offering brews to the window cleaner or work men etc BUT suppose Im just being friendly. DH see's it as "they are there to do a job they are being paid for".

I called dh and he suggested opening the window and telling them to never clean our windows again! Bit OTT imo..!! . BUT I couldn't believe the cheek of them this morning.

I hate that, when you do something nice for someone and then its expected. Well that the end of my brew making days.

Spit in it....sadly not..but I was trying to think of something I could do to their drinks...could only think of addding more/less sugar . Hardly a get back really is it..In fact quite poor .

LoveMyGirls Mon 16-Jul-07 14:35:01

PMSL Shhhh you should have put salt instead of sugar and claimed you got confused as was busy and obviously as you're busy you wont have time to make another oh what a shame!

rosmerta Mon 16-Jul-07 15:13:44

Very cheeky imo, liked one reply about getting him to change the nappy

My window cleaner was around today so I went out as he started and said: "Can I pay you now as the baby is asleep and the doorbell usually wakes him up", yep, fine no problem. Takes the money, then what does he do? Rings the bell to tell me he's going to be on holiday next month!

iesha Mon 16-Jul-07 17:31:34

Oooh, I feel lucky, My window cleaner is fan bl**dy tastic. Plays with the dog, and Ds, happily cleans mucky paw prints off thedoor and well as window, removes spiders, and once even broke into my house when I got locked out (even with large gsd on other side of window) Has never once asked for a brew (and i rarely offer) tho did once ask for the loo. He always has time for a chat and always asks after DH who is away a lot, and even better HE'S DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!

iesha Mon 16-Jul-07 17:32:48

Oh, and YANBU. I would have said no, I'm busy and heres your money now get on with your job. Or something similar and maybe a little politer, but thats just me.

beansprout Mon 16-Jul-07 17:32:59

I somehow suspect they wouldn't have asked your dh to make them tea

shhhh Mon 16-Jul-07 19:23:51

bs, I agree. Thing is the window cleaner is usually one of 2 and is normally brill,always asked after me when expecting etc BUT for some reason maybe he felt the need to be a bit over familiar iykwim. .

lazyemma Mon 16-Jul-07 22:16:37

gosh, yes. The help should really know their place, shouldn't they.

emj23 Tue 17-Jul-07 10:41:06

I suspect you're more annoyed with yourself for not telling them to naff off than you are with them for asking. If it happens again, just tell them how busy you are and that you're on your way out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now