Talk

Advanced search

To think the UK media silence on the Prince William rumours is odd

(1000 Posts)
Absofuckinglutely Thu 25-Apr-19 14:27:10

Just that really. No idea if there's anything more than rumour and speculation, but it's all over social media that Prince William allegedly had an affair with one of Kate's friends, but there is a total media silence on it.
Pretty bizarre considering that Meghan Markle barely has to breathe and the media are covering it.

BertrandRussell Thu 25-Apr-19 14:42:38

“after the pain and damage infidelity has caused in his life do you really think hes off fucking other women”

It doesn’t stop men in any other walk of life.....

Absofuckinglutely Thu 25-Apr-19 14:43:14

I'm not asking about whether there's anything in the rumours....that wasn't what I asked at all. For the record, I think it's very unlikely.

However, I do believe it's strange that no media have picked it up, as whenever anything is trending on Twitter about other celebrities, royal family etc, the tabloids are all over it like a rash, whether true or not.

Seems like there's been some sort of blackout on this, which makes it seem rather strange.

SrSteveOskowski Thu 25-Apr-19 14:43:17

I don't like William. He always seems too up himself, like he's looking down his nose at the 'ordinary plebs'.

I know Harry is getting a hard time of it at the moment, but he always came across much nicer and more friendly. He was always down on his knees playing with kids and rolling around on the ground playing football with them.
William always seemed very distant towards people.

ExhaustedGrinch Thu 25-Apr-19 14:44:23

after the pain and damage infidelity has caused in his life do you really think hes off fucking other women - This was my first thought too. I'd be very surprised if it's true and even if it is I don't believe it is in the publics interest to know these things.

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Thu 25-Apr-19 14:45:39

In b4 the deletion msg...

mooncuplanding Thu 25-Apr-19 14:46:29

I've always been a bit suss about his commitment to her, ever since their split in the early days. He "wasn't sure" then but suddenly changed his mind - I'm not sure how often that works out.

www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a23309005/kate-middleton-prince-william-breakup/

And he is his parents' son after all.

forky882 Thu 25-Apr-19 14:46:40

This thread will be deleted in 5, 4, 3, 2....

PlatypusPie Thu 25-Apr-19 14:46:47

What an unpleasant gossip you are, OP.

Sarcelle Thu 25-Apr-19 14:46:52

Sometimes the media do keep things quiet. Going back in time I remember the surprise when Caron Keating died from breast cancer. Nobody knew she had it, and she had been battling it for years. She had disappeared from view but her mum Gloria Hunniford said the press were very good, they knew why she had dropped out of public gaze and allowed them privacy and never revealed it.

Also, a popular daytime show has been missing one of its favourite presenters since Christmas. A small incident was revealed just after then, and it is something that you would imagine the press to pursue, but they haven't. I think they are respecting privacy there too.

I don't believe the William stories. I think Kate looks radiantly happy at the moment. She is either completely relaxed or a supreme actress but I think its the former.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 25-Apr-19 14:47:39

I feel sorry for the doc if he has. No one deserves to be cheated on.

DeadWife Thu 25-Apr-19 14:47:41

Lots of people care about being lied to. Why do they deserve media protection? We're not in the Middle Ages.

Or are we?

myrtleWilson Thu 25-Apr-19 14:47:44

But the UK media have been covering it but just in a more guarded way - detailing Rose and DoC "falling out" - describing Rose as a "rival"....

Badtasteflump Thu 25-Apr-19 14:48:33

Claudia Winkleman's half sister Sophie married into the royal family (her husband is Lord Frederick Windsor (son of Prince Michael of Kent).

Claudia's BFF is Victoria Coren Mitchell. Victoria's brother Giles Coren tweeted that the rumors were true and that PW did have an affair. Then he deleted it.

Probably bollox but I find the connections interesting! And I can't understand why the feck he would tweet that - true or not....

Mominatrix Thu 25-Apr-19 14:49:13

And this is something you actively think about so much so that you need to start a thread on a public forum???

phoenixrosehere Thu 25-Apr-19 14:49:14

I agree OP. I mention something similar on a thread about Harry and Meghan and I got eye-rolled. It’s seemingly ok for the tabloids to make drama about a pregnant woman and people choose to not only believe it but criticise her over what a supposed “insider” said yet these rumours that have been floating around for over a month are not true. I agree that it may not be true, but why is so easy to say that it’s a rumour but not give the same courtesy to the Duchess of Sussex.

Pengrin Thu 25-Apr-19 14:50:05

WHy do you care?

Why do people get so aggro on threads about the royals confused

HomeMadeMadness Thu 25-Apr-19 14:50:17

I think the issue is that the media is all over Megan not that they don't report on idle gossip about William.

bethy15 Thu 25-Apr-19 14:51:28

*Sounds like a load of old tosh to me.

Doubt it very much. He seems besotted with her.*

So is most of the royal garbage they print, but they still do. All of the crap about Meghan was tosh, but they still printed it.

He seems so, however so do so many other men who have affairs.

In a certain part of society, this is already openly known.

acomingin Thu 25-Apr-19 14:52:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Absofuckinglutely Thu 25-Apr-19 14:52:33

@PlatypusPie and get you still clicked on the topic. Get over yourself. There's no call for ad hominem attacks.

Ivegotthree Thu 25-Apr-19 14:53:09

Ooh what daytime show @Sarcelle ?

I work full time so not as up on daytime telly as I used to be.

Give us a clue!

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Thu 25-Apr-19 14:53:36

I don't like William. He always seems too up himself, like he's looking down his nose at the 'ordinary plebs'.

Keeps his distance from the press, seeing as they drove his mother quite literally, to her early death.

Its really quite grim, specualting on another relationships. This is why , I suppose, they hate the press. I like the fact he protects Kate from this shit.

bethy15 Thu 25-Apr-19 14:53:38

Because the media aren’t stupid enough to publish unfounded gossip with no apparently credible source to back it up. It’s just gossip.

Again, they do about everyone else.

Wasn't the fact that Kate and Meghan had had a big falling out and that's why they were moving a lot of unfounded gossip? It doesn't stop them about most celebs/royals.

OP, it's clear they were throwing Meghan under the bus while this was going on to cover it up.

Absofuckinglutely Thu 25-Apr-19 14:54:19

For the record, I couldn't care less about whether he did or didn't. I care about the reasons for lack of reporting - censorship etc.

canadianbanana Thu 25-Apr-19 14:54:45

Didn't Claudia Winkleman's sister's husband's sister's dog's vet's wife's cousin's garden gnome remove a tweet saying something about this!?

I think I read that same tweet! grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.