Talk

Advanced search

What would you do? CF boyfriend?

(157 Posts)
Treaclesweet Wed 24-Apr-19 10:24:40

What? I think we need some backstory here. Why are you paying for everything? He is taking advantage.

NCforthis2019 Wed 24-Apr-19 10:24:39

I wild have dumped him.

GreenFingersWouldBeHandy Wed 24-Apr-19 10:23:35

my cohabiting boyfriend has not paid anything towards our joint outgoings for about a year and a half

Why have you been putting up with this for a year and a half?

Why is he not contributing ANYTHING?

Does he work? Is he ill? Or is he just a lazy entitled cocklodger?

Utterly selfish. I'd be asking him to return the TV and put use the £2k as a deposit for him to go and live somewhere else.

WellErrr Wed 24-Apr-19 10:23:10

I’d get rid.

7yo7yo Wed 24-Apr-19 10:22:04

I would have left him ages ago.

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Wed 24-Apr-19 10:20:00

my cohabiting boyfriend has not paid anything towards our joint outgoings for about a year and a half.

I know it's technically his money to use as he wishes, but it just seems so... selfish. What would you do?

Show him the door.

owlettafeather Wed 24-Apr-19 10:17:43

For a couple of (complicated and outing) reasons, my cohabiting boyfriend has not paid anything towards our joint outgoings for about a year and a half.

Yesterday, at my bedtime, he realised he'd got a PPI payout of nearly £2k straight to his bank account. He'd applied and had been waiting for it, but it was much more than expected.

I was pleased and thought it would take some of the pressure off me having to pay for everything all the time. I'm on my break at work and have just read a text from him, saying he's bought a new QLED tv with the money.

My first reaction is anger. I feel like telling him to cancel the order and put the money in the joint account, so he can actually contribute usefully. Am I being too harsh? I know it's technically his money to use as he wishes, but it just seems so... selfish. What would you do?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »