Talk

Advanced search

To think this is a worrying episode of Peppa Pig?

(116 Posts)
hoponby Tue 23-Apr-19 20:55:55

It's the one where Daddy Pig can't find his glasses.

Mummy Pig's reaction is very tense, like she's overly keen to find them so Daddy Pig doesn't get too upset doesn't start throwing his weight around

It's like she's very anxious to make it clear to him that it'll all be okay, that he's the silly one for losing them, etc etc.

And she keeps on telling the kids that Daddy Pig will be very 'grumpy' if they aren't found, and if they are found, this can all stop. He will go back to being 'happy' again.

AIBU?!

Jaspermcsween Tue 23-Apr-19 20:59:34

Yea, you’re overthinking it.

EssentialHummus Tue 23-Apr-19 21:04:09

They're all a bit odd!

Miss Rabbit and her dozens of zero hour contract jobs. The manky fly-infested chair. Daddy Pig's job as an architect when his printer can only do primary-coloured triangles. I could go on (thanks, DD).

10PercentMoreBanana Tue 23-Apr-19 21:05:42

DH is convinced Mrs Rabbit is a con artist or cowboy.

Neverender Tue 23-Apr-19 21:05:46

They're all weird as fuck - have you seen the thing with moon baby in it yet? There's a little guy who just says, "Onions!" Mr Onion is his name....wth?!

pessimisticstateofperception Tue 23-Apr-19 21:06:24

That doesn't even make the top 50 of things that are wrong with Peppa bloody pig.

10PercentMoreBanana Tue 23-Apr-19 21:07:01

EssentialHummus

Actually... I really want you to go on! I love nitpicky threads like this for kids TV.

BettysLeftTentacle Tue 23-Apr-19 21:08:14

That doesn't even make the top 50 of things that are wrong with Peppa bloody pig.

^this!

BluePirates Tue 23-Apr-19 21:08:22

We love mr onions and now all randomly shout ‘onions’ several times a day to each other 😂

Sunonthepatio Tue 23-Apr-19 21:09:02

None of these could hold a candle to Fireman Sam. Fact.

Crunchymum Tue 23-Apr-19 21:10:11

Norman has serious issues!!!!

Jenfur Tue 23-Apr-19 21:10:29

Mummy pig spends her life fat shaming Daddy pig, like she's so perfect.

Although to be fair to her, she does have to deal with the world's most whingy toddler and panders to his every whim

AdiosAdipose Tue 23-Apr-19 21:13:16

My favourite Peppa episode is this one:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jil0WCh_UoQ

10PercentMoreBanana Tue 23-Apr-19 21:17:13

I've just started a Sylvanian Families thread because this one has prompted me to openly ask what I've always wanted to know!!

mummmy2017 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:18:37

What about the size issues...
Mrs Mole is the size of a pig ...
Mr Potato is massive and encouraging vegicide.

FromDespairToHere Tue 23-Apr-19 21:20:51

Are there not loads of Miss Rabbits? Like loads of sisters, because rabbits are well known for reproducing?

Babuchak Tue 23-Apr-19 21:24:07

I am sure Mummy Pig is a MN - she is rude, bossy and demanding and Daddy Pig is a weak and boring doormat.

I could swear I could recognise a poster or 2 on that show

mummmy2017 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:26:01

Is there something in the water, if you laugh you fall down on the show .

MrsDesireeCarthorse Tue 23-Apr-19 21:26:27

@FromDespair, I always thought there were lots of Miss Rabbits.

Peppa Pig is banned in my house because my husband thinks she is a rude little bitch who makes our children rude too, and because he's actually right. They are much nicer watching the Julia Donaldson films.

TVname Tue 23-Apr-19 21:26:53

Miss Rabbit got an award from the Queen for being the most hard working person in the country.
Peppa is a spoiled brat, hate how she is when they go ice skating and George is so much better than her.

Badtasteflump Tue 23-Apr-19 21:27:09

Peppa Pig does my nut.

Why do they all have two eyes on one side of their head - and how do their eyes switch to the other side of their head when they turn around? Makes me dizzy watching.

Why doesn’t anybody tell Mummy Pig she’s a bit of a cow to Daddy Pig?

How do they manage to drive their car down the hill from their house without it sliding?

curseofthepharaohspoodle Tue 23-Apr-19 21:30:06

I hate peppa pig with a passion but I have to say the episode with the glitter at playgroup was freaking hilarious!!

Duchessgummybuns Tue 23-Apr-19 21:30:09

Can I ask what’s up with (your friend and mine) Mr Potato? Is he a real sentient potato? An animal character in a potato suit?

And when Peppa and friends go to the zoo... what exactly is in the cages seeing and they’re all animals of some description?

Mylittlepea Tue 23-Apr-19 21:30:45

Try not to fret OP.

It’s not often you see a bull in a bright yellow hi-viz outfit attempting to “dig up the road” wink

All normal.

TVname Tue 23-Apr-19 21:32:04

I think if you watch too many episodes you're bound to overthink it.
Paw patrol winds me up, all the emergency services are run by a young boy and his puppies. The mayor is a woman who carries a chicken in her handbag and the people of the town are happy to let the chicken be deputy mayor. Then there's the man who lives in a cave with some demented kittens, who is also a mayor even though the only part of his district that is ever seen is the cave he lives in.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »