Talk

Advanced search

Baby on plane

(138 Posts)
Jobea91 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:08:08

My parents recently paid for a surprise holiday to France for September. My DS will be 18months. My parent originally said a holiday somewhere in England so they could confirm dates but the surprise is it’s an all inclusive in Spain for me DH DS and all my siblings. I’m really excited.
DH today said he’s read things about air pressure changes being painful to babies and that it worried him so much he doesn’t want DS to go, he said he’d stay home with him for a week (which would be hell for him doing 24/7 with her alone) so I can still go, but my family and me are all really excited for DS to go, first time swimming, going to the beach, flying, different country etc.
My parents have already paid and we got him a passport especially.
DH said from what he’s read he thinks it’d be abusive to take him until hes 5 and can understand what’s happening air pressure wise etc.
Me and my sisters flew loads as babies and toddlers and I’ve always loved flying. DH is okay with it but doesn’t have same excitement as me.

I said I can’t/won’t take her if he doesn’t want me to but I disagree it’s so painful we should cancel and make my parents pay all cancellation fees etc.
I said I’ll look at other ways to get there.

AIBU for feeling annoyed he’s decided this? He said we agreed to a England holiday not Spain (he hates surprises). It’s difficult if it’s something he genuinely thinks is abusive.

dementedpixie Tue 23-Apr-19 17:12:04

He sounds insane. It's not abusive at all. If your lo has something to suck on/ drink during take off and landing it should help with air pressure

HerculesMulligan Tue 23-Apr-19 17:12:08

This isn't about the plane journey. It's perfectly safe for small children to fly. This sounds like pique and a deliberate attempt to spoil something you're excited about.

Aquamarine1029 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:13:22

Your husband is being completely ridiculous and your daughter will be perfectly fine on the plane. Is he always so paranoid and anxious?

Chippychipsforme Tue 23-Apr-19 17:13:27

Take your son with you, leave the miserable bastard at home.

brummiesue Tue 23-Apr-19 17:13:44

How ridiculous, my children have flown since a few months old - other motives afoot here I'm sure

Km06 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:13:59

I think he is massively over reacting

Purpleartichoke Tue 23-Apr-19 17:14:17

Just have the toddler drink something during takeoff and landing. Solves the air pressure problem almost all the time.

Chamomileteaplease Tue 23-Apr-19 17:14:43

Surely he must have googled it and found that he is talking nonsense?

Would an appointment with the GP put his mind at rest?

SeptemberDays Tue 23-Apr-19 17:14:55

Does he have a dummy and/or do you breastfeed? They are both supposed to make it a bit less painfull.

I completely agree with your second to last paragraph.
And yes I'd be annoyed, but I do think he's trying to do what's best, particularly as he's offered an alternative that's more work for him.

ineedaholidaynow Tue 23-Apr-19 17:15:44

Did he also know it was a holiday for other members of your family, could this be putting him off, and he is trying to find an excuse not to go?

ThatssomebadhatHarry Tue 23-Apr-19 17:15:49

Is you DH scared of flying and trying to use this as excuse?

SittingAround1 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:15:51

My DCs have flown quite a bit since babies and no problems with air pressure.
Babies fly all the time.
Your DH is being ridiculous.

Jobea91 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:16:45

Omg ok good and I’ve been trying to search for what’s freaked him out so much and could only find someone moaning about babies crying in first class and clearly just someone who has never met a baby. You’d think with how horrible the internet is it’d be easier to find something to scare me too

AntiHop Tue 23-Apr-19 17:16:46

He's wrong. Babies go on planes all the time. If he's that bothered, could you take the train?

eBaysLikeMyFamily Tue 23-Apr-19 17:16:53

Pfft, I never flew as a child but have driven through the Alps plenty and that can hurt your ears plenty. We were told to swallow or given food, sweets and drink if we were too young to understand.

Sirzy Tue 23-Apr-19 17:17:19

Sounds like this is his way of getting out of going.

Could you call his bluff and suggest driving instead?

CheeseCrackersAndWine Tue 23-Apr-19 17:19:00

This is one of the oddest things I’ve ever read...

My first flew to Florida at 13 months and has travelled far & wide ever since & is now 10. My youngest is disabled & flew at just under 2 the first time. Neither have had issues.

Take a bottle or dummy or juice cup for them to suck during take off/landing.

Although mine never used anything & were totally fine!

To say it’s abusive is ridiculous.

Jobea91 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:19:09

He actually just wanted to cancel and I said I’d look at alternatives.
He gets a bit worried flying but I think just general not phobia or anything but we’ve done multiple 11 hour flights to Asia and he wants to go again.

Thehogfatherstolemycurry Tue 23-Apr-19 17:19:14

Maybe he's afraid of crashing?
I always feel a bit like I'm offering the whole family up to the gods when we all fly - completely irrational I know and I reign it in and we still go but could it be something like this? Sons safety is out of his control in the air and he doesn't like it?

Dishwashersaurous Tue 23-Apr-19 17:19:23

Me thinks that he doesn’t want to go on the holiday and is using this as an excuse.

Give child something to suck, even your finger, on take off will be absolutely fine

Myimaginarycathasfleas Tue 23-Apr-19 17:20:05

My DD had eardrum problems as a baby (and since) and she has always found the descent part of the flight painful. So he has a point if your baby has had any ear issues.

Babayaggatheboneylegged Tue 23-Apr-19 17:20:43

My kids have flown regularly from a very young age and we’ve never had problems with them feeling cabin pressure pain. Feel free to report me and the billions of other parents who take children >5 on plane journeys though wink

I can remember a flight when my little brother was about six, and he screamed blue murder because his ears were sore. He was very prone to ear infections.

Also, am not sure that at the age of five, children miraculously develop the ability to rationalise pain and discomfort.

Does your OH have a fear of flying in general?

BikeRunSki Tue 23-Apr-19 17:21:18

Very tiny newborns might struggle with Cani pressure, but no problem by 18 months! My sister has been flying with her children between the UK and France several times a years from 3 months.

glenthebattleostrich Tue 23-Apr-19 17:21:55

DD gets really bad earache on landing so I give her a little ibuprofen an hour before and a carton of juice / lolly.

The baby behind us on a flight yesterday was fine with a bottle and dummy.

Whatisthisfuckery Tue 23-Apr-19 17:22:35

I’m with PP here, sounds like there’s other motives at play. I bet he doesn’t want to stay at home alone with all the childcare for a whole week really, he just wants an excuse to get out of going and this way he can guilt you into not going either. Take the baby, leave him at home if he doesn’t want to come.

Lllot5 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:23:39

Sounds like he just doesn’t want to go. Lots of children fly before they’re five.

LL83 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:26:33

Ask him to show you what he has read. It sounds like he is trying to get out of it.

edwinbear Tue 23-Apr-19 17:26:49

DS flew to the Maldives when he was 18m old, no problems at all. Your DH is being a bit pfb grin

CostanzaG Tue 23-Apr-19 17:26:58

He's being ridiculous.
Does he really think the thousands of people who take their kids on holiday are being abusive???

Bythebeach Tue 23-Apr-19 17:27:48

Eh! What’s he on about? Never heard of this and taken all 3 of mine away during baby and toddlerhoods numerous short and long haul flights with no distress or issue. Does he mean ear pressure pain on take off and landing?

PinkiOcelot Tue 23-Apr-19 17:27:48

Your husband is batshit! Where has he been reading this?! Has he shown you?!
My 2 have been flying on holiday since they were 9 months and tbh dd has more trouble with her ears from about 4 years upwards than when she was younger.

Topseyt Tue 23-Apr-19 17:29:03

Your DH is being ridiculous, and I would be telling him so.

My children flew as babies. No problems at all. Why does he think that airlines even provide special seatbelt extensions for parents with babies. On long haul flights many even provide cots. I saw that years ago on a British Airways flight from Heathrow to Los Angeles, and again a few days after that on a Quantas flight from LA to Sydney Australia.

What quackery has he been reading? Just because some arsehole writes some twattery on the internet doesn't necessarily mean it is actually true.

Unless your baby has some serious medical condition then he is as safe to fly as the rest of us.

Like fuck would I agree to fart about trying to find a different (much, much longer) way to get there. My response would be that the child would be coming on the flight with us. If DH wanted to stay at home then he could - on his own.

I might also say that DH should pay my parents back for the unused ticket.

justasking111 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:30:44

Oh go with family, toddler will be fine at 18 months.

PotteringAlong Tue 23-Apr-19 17:32:51

Abusive before the age of 5?! Does he really think everyone who takes a small child on a plane is abusing them?!

movesyouveneverseen Tue 23-Apr-19 17:34:32

We took our six month old (at the time) on a fight to a Spanish Island with no issues at all; we fed him as we took off just in case the pressure had any impact on his ears and then he slept for 95% of the way. Very similar on the way back too. I don’t think you’ll be so lucky with the sleep as your DC is that bit older but I imagine a drink and a snack of some kind will help with any pressure issues, if any.

I understand he may be anxious but I don’t think so many people would fly with little ones if it was a genuine issue.

I hope you manage to all get away together smile

WonderTweek Tue 23-Apr-19 17:34:39

Could he just be really nervous about flying with a toddler in case the toddler kicks off on the plane and there's nowhere to go? I'm like this and this is why I've only flown once with my toddler when he was 18 months old. The first flight was perfect, no issues whatsoever, but the return flight was he'll with an overtired toddler who was kicking, scratching and screaming the whole time. I thought I was going to have a breakdown. blush My husband and I agreed that we won't try flying again until we can handle tantrums etc a bit better, but that's for our sanity's sake. grin

It would be odd to come up with a random excuse like that though.

Freshstart40 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:34:54

Hi OP. Former long haul flight attendant here. Your baby is fine to go... totally. Like others have said, a drink for take off and landing, as soon as the seat belt sign comes on for landing actually, about 20 mins before the plane gets on the ground. I always used to carry olbas oil and that disgusting Vicks vapour gum for any passengers in pain. That worked a treat but obviously not suitable for an 18 month old. Although if they are contested some olbas oil on a tissue works wonders. I give my own children, who are much older than your child, lolly pops as they last a while.

Enjoy your holiday!

WoogleCone Tue 23-Apr-19 17:36:21

Under 6 months maybe, I've heard of airlines having some rules but at 18 months old they'll be absolutely fine! A dummy or bottle will help with pressure.

Sciurus83 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:38:06

He's mental. Just took my 5mo on a flight, its absolutely fine

user1471546851 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:38:44

How mad!
If that was true there would be a lot more out about it surely?
I've take both of mine since they were 2 months old! (summer baby's)
And I've never had a problem with either of them they've always been happy and both absolutely love flying!

TwoBlueFish Tue 23-Apr-19 17:39:13

Unless he can find credible evidence to back him up that it’s abusive then you should just take your son and leave him at home! Some calpol 30 or 40 minutes before landing and a drink during landing should negate any potential issues with air pressure.

Longdistance Tue 23-Apr-19 17:39:54

What rubbish is your dh talking about? My dd2 moved with us to Oz at 3mo, she was perfectly fine. Both dds flown everywhere since small.
As for the pressure, make sure you have s drink or something for your dc to chew on as this helps to alleviate any pressure problems with the ears. Also, a little run behind the ears before landing helps.
I think your dh doesn’t want to go and wants an excuse. Leave him at home.

mama1980 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:40:02

That's crazy. I've flown dozens of time with mine as babies never had an issue. Give them something to suck ie dummy or breast during landing and take off and mine were fine.

cassgate Tue 23-Apr-19 17:40:48

My DS flew from 3 months old his sister was older at 22 months. Neither had any problems and these were 9 hour flights.

Damntheman Tue 23-Apr-19 17:42:41

My doctor told me babies have quite wide ear canals and generally speaking won't start having trouble with air pressure until three years. My kids both were flying from 7 weeks old with zero problems!

timeisnotaline Tue 23-Apr-19 17:43:47

Batshit, he can’t be serious? My gorgeous little dc have been flying every few months since they were 5 or 6 weeks old each. Short haul and at least one long haul return every year. Myself the same, only since I was 2 weeks old. I love flying, was gutted when my dad changed jobs and we were going to stay in the same place for a while.

TeenTimesTwo Tue 23-Apr-19 17:43:58

He could be finding excuses.
I would not be happy being 'bounced' into going abroad for a holiday without having been asked...

Kennehora Tue 23-Apr-19 17:44:45

My kids flew many, many times before the age of 5, starting at the age of 9 months and 5 months respectively. WTF is he on about?

bedouincheek Tue 23-Apr-19 17:45:28

I flew from 3 months - at the time 9 hr flights, and my niece flew this Jan at 5 weeks 7 hrs without any problems. As long as feeding at take off and landing to de-pressurise the ears, there is no problem.
Have a great holiday, and leave your husband at home on his own. grin

Nixen Tue 23-Apr-19 17:46:39

Your husband is an idiot

geekone Tue 23-Apr-19 17:46:47

OK your DH is being a huge part ott but here are some articles. However he seems to have been reading about what affects newborns as in 0-21 days new born. Just show him the evidence and go grin

www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/on-the-go/Pages/Flying-with-Baby.aspx

www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/infant-and-toddler-health/expert-answers/air-travel-with-infant/faq-20058539

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2528662/

UCOinanOCG Tue 23-Apr-19 17:47:58

I am confused. Is the holiday to Spain or France?

lottiegarbanzo Tue 23-Apr-19 17:48:54

Ears popping on planes can be a bit painful and odd but they just need something to suck. It's all very normal.

Travelling to Spain on a sleeper train is fun too though. Eurostar in the early evening, then catch a sleeper from Paris.

HBStowe Tue 23-Apr-19 17:49:13

He sounds absolutely nuts. Tell him to stop spouting obviously fake bullshit and to tell you the real reason he’s being difficult about this.

JammyGem Tue 23-Apr-19 17:50:06

We flew abroad to visit DH's family when DD was only 3 months old. No problems whatsoever - in fact, she was laughing at the bumpy landing.

Your DH is an idiot.

Still18atheart Tue 23-Apr-19 17:52:11

I was 5 months old when I went on my first plane and that was a long haul to Hong Kong. We went on several trips involving planes in the first 18 months of my life: it’s no more unpleasant for babies to fly than adults I.e the only real issue is ear popping

DonkeyHohtay Tue 23-Apr-19 17:52:28

DH today said he’s read things about air pressure changes being painful to babies and that it worried him so much he doesn’t want DS to go

Is he usually so overprotective and misinformed?

arseabouttit Tue 23-Apr-19 17:52:39

I've taken a 2 month old on a plane with no problem & all three have travelled as babies / toddlers. People take babies all the time. Make sure they drink or eat for take off and landing so they are swallowing to help the pressure in the ear adjust and that's it. He's being a bit U IMO.

Expressedways Tue 23-Apr-19 17:54:37

Sorry but your DH is insane. Just give baby a dummy or drink during take off/landing. My DD is a similar age and has taken so many flights, long and short haul, that I’ve lost count. Most of the time she passes out as soon as the engines start (must be like white noise) and sleeps straight through take off.

Does your DH have a fear of flying that he doesn’t want to admit to? Not like your parents? Is upset that he wasn’t included in discussions?

justasking111 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:54:37

It is such a short flight you will be descending in no time. I would not take a baby long haul,

Jodie571 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:54:38

He is being way over the top, and this type of overprotective outlook is not going to serve your baby well for adult life if he carries this through to the toddler years etc.

But if it’s really causing an issue perhaps hire and camper van and drive, which is probably more fun than a plane anyway

JassyRadlett Tue 23-Apr-19 17:54:40

Both mine have been regular fliers since they were under 6 months old and have never even had tears on take off or due to pressure. A feed/bottle/drink that makes them suck and swallow sorts it.

theDudesmummy Tue 23-Apr-19 17:54:48

Absolute rubbish. I am a doctor and my DH is a pilot, we took our baby away when he was very small for the first time. Feed/breastfeed him on landing if you can.

Millie2018 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:55:10

Just back from an 11 hour flight to the states with a 4yr old and 16mth old. The 4 yr old has glue ear and other issues. GP said absolutely fine to take. 16 month old had no issues on flight. Evening after he was crying and pulling ears. I think they were popping as he slept through landing. I think we should have woken him to have a drink with hindsight. Anyway, one dose of Calpol and he was fine next day.
I think it is the combination of a surprise trip abroad and the rest of the family going which is actually putting him off. Is there a male pride thing going on that he wasn’t the one to fund and plan your child’s first trip abroad?

grumiosmum Tue 23-Apr-19 17:55:51

Jeez. We took DS on a long-haul flight (10 hours!) when he was 8 months old.

No lasting ill effects at all.

Excited101 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:57:29

He’s being ridiculous. He needs to get help for his anxiety before your child starts picking up on it. Set the president now, it’ll only get worse.

icanthelpyou Tue 23-Apr-19 17:59:51

Eh? What's he on about.

Undies1990 Tue 23-Apr-19 17:59:52

Yes, take the baby on a plane - your DH is being an arse.

Happy to help

Blatherskite Tue 23-Apr-19 18:00:13

On the few occasions mine have flown, they've had a packet of fruit pastilles for take off and landing. They're so busy munching away (and swallowing) that they don't even notice the pressure change!

Cheby Tue 23-Apr-19 18:02:07

I’d be worried about 2 things:
1. He doesn’t want to go, is trying to get out of it, and is either using your son as an excuse or he wants to keep him away from your family for some reason.

2. He is struggling with some fairly serious anxiety either about flying, or about the baby in general.

Nothing else really makes sense because it’s such a massive overreaction.

FWIW, we flew when DD2 was 18 months. It was fine. She sat on my lap and breastfed, she fell asleep during take off and slept for half the flight. A dummy would have the same effect for equalising pressure in ears, as would milk in a bottle, a drink with a straw or a pouch yoghurt.

LittleMissHappy19 Tue 23-Apr-19 18:07:13

What the heck!! Took DS at 18 months on a 7 1/2 flight..absolutely fine! He didn't cry at all, but was very active at that age, wanted to walk absolutely everywhere! So I just walked him up and down the aisles. Not one person on the plane moaned. Everybody thought he was very cute, and wanted to talk to him! He done a very good job at entertaining adults, bored to death just sitting down for a long time 😂

Then flew 11 hours with DS1 aged 3 and DS2 who was 9 months! Both absolutely fine again!
DS2 slept the whole time (only waking up for a bottle)
A baby next to us, did cry for a while. But not one person got annoyed!

Every seat on the planes we have been on, the cot seats have been fully booked.

How it's abusive it bizarre?! What the hell has he been reading?!

Aquamarine1029 Tue 23-Apr-19 18:07:43

You should show your husband this thread. That will show him he doesn't have a leg to stand on. He's being totally absurd.

SauvingnonBlanketyBlanc Tue 23-Apr-19 18:11:27

My ds sleeps loads on the plane I think the engine is like white noise to hin

DianaPrincessOfThemyscira Tue 23-Apr-19 18:13:22

This is one of those instances where most people would just say “I get you’re worried but this is not rational”. Because it’s not.

I think he doesn’t want to go and he’s sabotaging it - your comments about him ‘not coping’ with the baby, you looking at other options otherwise he’ll cancel screams of him wanting to get his own way.

PS we went on holiday with my dad last year - I was a little apprehensive let alone DH as my dad can be hard work. But he’s not hard work enough to throw back in his face a holiday he’s paid for. Which is essentially what he wants to do.

Sparkletastic Tue 23-Apr-19 18:20:07

Huh?
Tell it's fine if he doesn't want to come but you and DS will be going.
What's really going on with him? It sure as shit ain't about babies / air pressure.

purplepears Tue 23-Apr-19 18:24:16

He's bonkers. What the heck does he think expat/forces babies do constantly.
Abuse..........hmmangry........stopping you going for fake reasons is abuse.

Holidayshopping Tue 23-Apr-19 18:24:40

Are you going to France or Spain-your post says both?

He is being ridiculous.

ThriftyMcThrifty Tue 23-Apr-19 18:25:39

How bizarre. Maybe book a doctors appointment so they can assure him he’s talking nonsense.

legolimb Tue 23-Apr-19 18:26:41

He doesn't want to go.

I'd do as a PP says and you go alone with your DS.

TidyDancer Tue 23-Apr-19 18:28:19

Don't miss out on your holiday because of your DH. He's either being massively controlling or monumentally stupid. Neither is great but neither means you shouldn't go.

Teddybear45 Tue 23-Apr-19 18:29:31

Sounds like he doesn’t want to go and doesn’t want you to go either. Take your baby and run.

WindsweptEgret Tue 23-Apr-19 18:30:02

Breastfeeding would help with the pressure changes.

Deadheadstickeronacadillac Tue 23-Apr-19 18:30:13

We flew back from Orlando via Washington Dulles on Friday with our 18 month old...she was fine.
Purchased a sleeping bag with legs from Jojo Maman Bebe, snuggled her up with bottle and she was asleep.
She was a dream on the way out too...there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking a baby on a plane, just research how your little one might deal with air pressure etc. For us, dummy and bottle worked perfectly. Others might need a different method.
Overall have a fab holiday!

mum11970 Tue 23-Apr-19 18:33:18

Your dh is an idiot. Do not waste the NHS’ money booking an appointment with the GP just so your dh can be told he’s a prat. Tell him you and your child are going and it’s up to him if he joins you but you’re not cancelling a holiday because of he’s read some rubbish on the internet.

yearinyearout Tue 23-Apr-19 18:36:38

Your DH is being an idiot. Babies and toddlers fly every day! If he's that concerned about it suggest giving your DS a dose of calpol before taking off and ensure he has something to suck on/drink which will help with any discomfort.

EKGEMS Tue 23-Apr-19 18:36:52

Good luck on your dream trip you'll have two toddlers to look after

myadviceisdontskippaps Tue 23-Apr-19 18:37:25

My sis brought her eldest to my wedding at 7 weeks old. My son first flew at 5 months and had flown 5+ round trips a year short and long haul ever since (usually transatlantic twice a year at least). He’s 6 now and does perfectly fine on planes with the exception of one small earache when he had an ear infection.

your husband is full of crap.

Numptywallice Tue 23-Apr-19 18:43:10

I flew with my DS when he was 6 months on a 4 hour flight and an 8 hour flight at 18 months. I gave him a spoon of calpol before we boarded and then a bottle on take off. He slept the whole way home and was fine. They have doctors in Spain if he does get any problems with his ears. Go and enjoy your holiday all together.

SmallPinkBear Tue 23-Apr-19 18:50:41

My dd (3) has travelled long haul to and from Asia several times and South Africa, as well as short haul in Europe in all classes on planes since she was 4 months as we lived abroad. When she was a baby she would cry due to the pressure but feeding her stopped this and since she was a toddler it hasn’t been an issue at all.
One thing you should note is that they start to change the pressure in the cabin from the moment you push back so often they get upset before you actually take off...having said this an 18 month old is fine...
Also it is the best time to do it as you don’t have to pay for a seat! We used air miles and flew in first to South Africa when she was 23 months and there was an 18 month and 21 month old in the cabin too as everyone was taking advantage before the cost skyrocketed!

stucknoue Tue 23-Apr-19 18:51:50

It's fine, mine flew long haul from birth (we lived overseas) and were fine

Figgygal Tue 23-Apr-19 18:53:50

He's either being hysterical or manipulative due to his own concerns re: flying

My 2 kids fly cross country 4/5 times a year and have since 6 weeks for ds1 never had a problem with ears or disturbing other people.

PurpleCrowbar Tue 23-Apr-19 18:56:00

My 11yo & I do suffer with achey ears on landing, but my teenagers are both fine. I think it's an idiosyncratic thing not age related!

Frankly, babies are always finding themselves in weird, inexplicable pain - sore bum, colic, teething etc. It's not something you can just avoid for the first few years...

Lndnmummy Tue 23-Apr-19 19:04:48

I have flown 6-8 times a year with both mine from 6 weeks. It’s fine. Totally fine

TheClaifeCrier Tue 23-Apr-19 19:09:17

I'm with PP, your DH doesn't want to go and he's come up with this batshit reason.

BlitheringIdiots Tue 23-Apr-19 19:12:14

He's a bit precious isn't he ha ha ha. I would tell him to stay home and you and the toddler go

Celticrose Tue 23-Apr-19 19:31:56

My sibling flew with their 2 DC transatlantic from they were 3 months old. By the time they were 5 they had flew maybe 15 times. A journey of at least 6 hours and it was never a problem. They are now late twenties and doing just fine.

Gottalovesummer Tue 23-Apr-19 19:35:37

I started flying with my son at 10 weeks old.

Family live abroad so flew 3 times a year. My kids are now teenagers and still fly a lot, It's absolutely fine x

Quartz2208 Tue 23-Apr-19 19:41:00

He doesnt want to go and that is all it is. DD and DS have been on planes since they were 5 and 7 months, trans

There is odd behaviour going on and its on him

What would happen if you said you were going with DS regardless (because I think you should)

But I am confused on the France/Spain but

Omzlas Tue 23-Apr-19 20:02:15

We took one of our DC aged 9 months and another aged 1.5, they were both fine and only cranky (that was because of silly flight times) but that was the only issue. We made sure they had drinks at landing and take off. Your DH is being odd

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »