Talk

Advanced search

What do I do now? So embarrassed

(49 Posts)
HeresMyBrightIdea Mon 22-Apr-19 13:39:42

I'm out on a walk with DP and a few of his friends. We had to walk quite a steep uphill field and I struggled.... started feeling like I badly needed to pee, and when we got to a pub a mile or so away, I've bled pretty heavily. DP is trying to subtly find me new trousers and I'm pretending there's a queue in the ladies and washing these under the sink.

I'm not on my period. I had bad stomach pain all night but it didn't feel low enough for period pain. I'm on the pill; have been for over a decade, no spotting or issues before. I had some random bleeding in February which started at the gym and ended up being very heavy and constant, the hospital diagnosed a miscarriage but did do a cystoscopy at the time which was clear; and an ultrasound.

I'm 28, no children, not TTC yet but probably late this year or early next. No previous issues with periods or contraception... no mum to ask. I'm so embarrassed.

checkingforballoons Mon 22-Apr-19 13:43:16

Oh don’t be. You couldn’t help it! Are you able to get a cab home or something? I hope you’re ok x

GottenGottenGotten Mon 22-Apr-19 13:45:17

You need to see a doctor. Make an appointment as soon as you can.

Don't worry about the people you are with, they will be sympathetic. Can you get a taxi home? If not, you need to tell them so they can modify the walk back to take account of what you are going through.

Best wishes op flowers

UserName31456789 Mon 22-Apr-19 13:45:33

Oh you poor thing op. It does sound like a hormone issue. I doubt anyone else has noticed or would think much of it if they did. If it were me I'd probably go back to the doctors but it's probably nothing major - lots of mostly harmless reasons. Still better to be checked out.

CaptainJaneway12 Mon 22-Apr-19 13:45:54

Can DH call a cab to take you both home, say you feel unwell? Or are you near any shops where he can run and get you something quickly?

PoliticalBiscuit Mon 22-Apr-19 13:47:30

I'm sure you have a migraine and need to go straight home to vomit and lie down...

After you leave call your doctors on route.

Sciurus83 Mon 22-Apr-19 13:47:39

Please don't be embarrassed this happens to us all, do you have a long sleeved top you can tie around your waist if you're worried? Honestly though people rarely notice these things, can you feign illness and call a taxi back if you're not feeling up to being out any more? Hopefully some others can come along to talk through any medical things. I once bled all over my boyfriend's mum's white leather couch at a family gathering if it's any consolation

BlueMerchant Mon 22-Apr-19 13:50:45

You really need to go and see a medical professional. I know you say you are on the pill but it's not 100% so could this possibly be an early miscarriage? (the stomach pain and the urge to wee feeling,).
You definitely need to be seen at a hospital by imo.

Pppppppp1234 Mon 22-Apr-19 13:55:03

Hope you are ok Op

Winglessvulture Mon 22-Apr-19 13:55:38

Do you have a long sleeved top you could tie around your waist? I would get a taxi home if possible.
You mentioned you are on the pill - have you taken multiple packs back to back? I got a nasty breakthrough bleed after taking too many months without a break. I would definitely try and see a doctor soon even if just to put your mind at rest.

Purplecatshopaholic Mon 22-Apr-19 14:01:05

Oh you poor thing. Been there. Tie a top around your waist? And get to your GP asap. Hugs

Fireinthegrate Mon 22-Apr-19 14:01:07

You poor thing. Hope you get sorted. I had similar on holiday a few weeks ago, but I am older than you and peri menopausal. We were a mile into a country walk when I flooded. Luckily had black jeans on and it was warm so I tied my coat round my waist. Sad on a plastic bag when we got back to the car.
Maybe the pub landlady can lend you some jeans and then definitely ring a taxi and feign a migraine.
💐

Sparklesocks Mon 22-Apr-19 14:03:41

Hope you’re alright Op, please try not to be embarrassed it’s not your fault.
Could you tie a sweatshirt around your waist to cover it and then go home?

BigGlasses Mon 22-Apr-19 14:05:08

Blot the trousers as much as you can. I mean massively blot, put them on the floor and cover with toilet tissue and stand on them (with shoes) which will dry them well enough. Then dry further under the hand dryer. In the mean time get DH to call you a taxi, even if you felt up to it, walking in wet trousers will be no fun, lots of chaffing! Borrow a long sleave shirt/jumper and tie round your waist. Carry your bag in front of you. When taxi arrives, come out of toilets, briefly say to your friends that you unwell, womens problems (they won't ask any further) get in the taxi and go home.
Then once you are home and cleaned up, phone 101 and ask their advice.
Hope you are feeling better soon

IHateUncleJamie Mon 22-Apr-19 14:05:39

Oh you poor love. Whether miscarriage or even severe UTI you need to see a Doctor today. Does anyone have a jacket you could tie round your waist? I would phone 111 too. flowers

IHateUncleJamie Mon 22-Apr-19 14:06:42

phone 101 and ask their advice

Agree but 111 unless you want your local Police Control Room. grin

IncrediblySadToo Mon 22-Apr-19 14:15:03

I’d have been embarrassed at your age too 🌷 A decade or two on, I give far less fucks about what other people think... if only we could help women your age feel like that sooner x

Call a taxi and go to a walk in or A&E, not because of the bleeding as such, but because of the pain that doesn’t feel like period pain and the fact it’s the second time after exercise.

Let us know how you’re doing 🌷

speedbird55 Mon 22-Apr-19 14:24:03

Nothing to add except get a taxi , don't try and walk thanks
Hope it's nothing but get yourself checked out ASAP

Russell19 Mon 22-Apr-19 14:41:41

You need to look after yourself and go home. Call a taxi and call 111. Hope you are ok xx

PoohBearsHole Mon 22-Apr-19 14:45:08

this is not pleasant for you, BUT it is nothing to be embarrassed about. Any of DPs friends female? could they possibly have an extra top? Most importantly call OOH GP x

Petalflowers Mon 22-Apr-19 14:59:37

It’s an hour or so since you posted. Hope you are okay, and am getting yourself checked out at an ooh dr.

Keepthebloodynoisedown Mon 22-Apr-19 15:14:44

Assuming that you’re home and sorted after an hour. Heavy/ unexpected bleeds happen to so many people, so don’t be embarrassed. Drs tomorrow to check all’s ok.

Hitheresunrays Mon 22-Apr-19 15:20:40

Go see a doctor and get everything checked out if you haven't yet OP! Hope you're feeling better and everything's okay flowers

Raspberrytruffle Mon 22-Apr-19 15:39:11

It couldn't by any chance be an ovarian cyst OP? I had bad stomach pains so went for a scan , it was 7cm . One day I was on the treadmill and got the most agonising pain so I crawled off to the loo and was bleeding quite heavily too. I hope you find an answer

Purpleartichoke Mon 22-Apr-19 15:43:21

I’ve had almost this exact thing happen more than once.

The “best” was when I knocked on a closed very high end restaurant door and begged to use their restroom because I could feel the clot coming.

It turned out I had a fibroid. Once it was removed the random bleeding stopped and hasn’t come back in the over a decade since.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »