Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about any famous people you've met please

(690 Posts)
Butterfly98 Sun 21-Apr-19 21:44:20

I want to hear about your good or bad encounters with a celebrity/famous person please! In the late nineties I met the chef Ainsley Harriot at a London train station when I was cueing to buy a ticket! I was very excited about this and told him I loved the show Ready Steady Cook which he was on at the time, he was really nice and chatty but I didn't get his autograph though! More recently about 2 years ago Ray Winston was sitting at the table beside us in a Chinese restaurant but we didn't get to speak as he was engrossed in conversation. I nearly forgot Todd Carty aka Mark from East Enders used to use our local newsagent in the morning on way to Elstree again in the nineties, he was always very smiley and drove a little MG!

halulat Thu 11-Jul-19 23:21:24

Years ago a few 80s pop stars -
Andy Bell ( Erasure) when I worked in a well known shop
Lloyd Cole- invited himself to a uni ball after he'd played a concert
Thomas Lang - at a party
Kenny Dalglish- on a plane -OH was in heaven!
Keir Starmer ~ at 'Any Questions'. He was lovely... or very good at his job!
Nathan ( from Brother Beyond)- he photobombed a selfie my friend and I were taking. Really funny and pleasant.
Robbie Williams - on my wedding night! 21 years ago. He was lovely.

NigesFakeWalkingStick Fri 10-May-19 09:15:59

@breakfastpizza if it's Cap I am beyond jealous

Jencottage Thu 09-May-19 09:53:24

Without make up on, both Pink and Beyoncé look soooooo normal you'd pass them in the street. Pinks daughter had a welsh accent - nanny was welsh which may have explained it !

Jencottage Thu 09-May-19 09:49:37

Robbie Williams post Take That and pre nervous breakdown - dirty tart
Rihanna - junkie + v rude to staff
Bruce Springsteen - utter gent
Justin Timberlake - gorgeous but v tired (had just arrived on your bus at 3 am) still v polite though.
Lady Gaga - we had to put bin liner on windows to completely black out bedroom. Think she was coming down from pills and slept 2 days straight.
Keith Flint - another lovely gentleman.
Used to meet & greet in a hotel. Met loads more but need to get my house cleaned for cleaner coming. Once you've seen the bubble they live in, it feels nice to be "normal". I used to feel really sorry for the really young ones (1D, Justin Bieber etc) I think it really fucks with their heads.

Scoose Wed 08-May-19 20:27:44

Thanks breakfast that's some bed time reading for me grin

breakfastpizza Wed 08-May-19 19:26:45

@Scoose

Link

origamiunicorn Wed 08-May-19 14:02:17

James Dean Bradfield walked into a cafe in one of the arcades in Cardiff when a friend and I were eating. He was very polite and seemed quite shy and unassuming.

Stood behind Colin Jackson in Boots in Cardiff, he had a basket full of razors.

Walked past Anthony Head in Bath. He got out of a big black Merc, was on his own and in a long beige trench coat and looked very handsome.

Met Martin Kemp in a bar in Bristol, he was shorter than me but very charming and chatty.

Ryan Giggs - Quiet but nice

This was in my 90s indie/rock days:
Tim Wheeler - Ash - quiet but lovely
Gary Stringer - Reef - very charming, shook everyone's hand in the queue
Def Leppard - all lovely guys

DarlingNikita Wed 08-May-19 10:29:36

I also served Joan Rivers

[scream] I'm so envious!

Scoose Wed 08-May-19 08:35:14

Do you have a link breakfast?

Redact Wed 08-May-19 06:23:56

I met Ricky Tomlinson and he was so chatty and friendly esp to dc

RabbitseatDogs Tue 07-May-19 23:46:41

George Clooney bought me a pint of Guinness and asked me to marry him. True story.

Mummy578485 Tue 07-May-19 23:42:03

I served Samuel L Jackson coffee. He was wearing purple and a peaked cap and was exactly like as he comes across in interviews! I also served Joan Rivers - same again, plus she was a big tipper

I also served John Malkovich - he complained about the price of the muffins. 🙄

wafflenpffft Tue 07-May-19 23:21:39

Robbie Williams at a nightclub in Newcastle post Take That era where he 'allegedly' peed all the staff off with his unreasonable 'diva' demands - sent a bucket of champagne across and wasn't best pleased when I sent it back.

Steve Cram on an escalator in the metro centre

Basil Brush when I was aged 7 at the Sunderland Empire but I don't like to talk about that being a Magpie blush

Weedsnseeds1 Tue 07-May-19 23:17:38

I had a long and pleasant chat with Shah Rukh Khan in a hotel lobby in Kolkata once. No, I had no clue who he was either....

breakfastpizza Tue 07-May-19 23:05:54

@ILoveYou3000 halo

Are we allowed to link to other forums? Lipstick Alley has some great threads about what celebs are really like, including a recent one dedicated to Brit tv/film stars.

Isthisreallylife Tue 07-May-19 22:24:59

I went out with George Best 3 times in 1973 when I was 18. I met him in a now long forgotten pub in central manchester - I think he may have owned or part owned it? - I didn’t know who he was at first as he looked a lot different to his photos and was (as were many in the day) very drunk. He spoke little and impressed me about the same! He sent his car for me 2 nights on the run but I think I was just another ‘pretty girl on his arm’ and by the 3rd night I was really bored and sent his car away

deadsexy Tue 07-May-19 21:50:02

FFS everyone who's giving it all "I met an A list star, very rude/nice/whatever but obvs can't say who"WHY!! No one knows who you bloody are!!

ILoveYou3000 Tue 07-May-19 21:37:27

@breakfastpizza Cap? 😱

Doidontimmm Tue 07-May-19 21:30:37

Used to work in a 5* hotel: Billy Connolly, Rod Stewart, Gregor Fisher, Kylie, Dani, Dec, Bob Holness , Richard Frank Bruno, Brad Pitt to name a few!!

IKnowYouAndYouCannotSing Tue 07-May-19 21:16:32

I’ve met Stephen Fry (lovely), Jimmy Carr (really nice, I was surprised!), Alan Davies (was coming onto me which was a bit grim as I was about 19 and he was easily twice my age at the time!), Eamon Holmes (strangely sexy in the flesh), Charlie Brooker (a bit of a misery), Robert Webb (really, really nice and funny) and Jarvis Cocker (very funny).

breakfastpizza Tue 07-May-19 21:06:59

@ILoveYou3000 - Nope, one of the "C"s.

LadyRannaldini Mon 06-May-19 18:45:59

Jason McAteer

There's a blast from the past!!

Scoose Mon 06-May-19 14:42:03

bones I know! I've got about 20 of the velour lippys and keep adding to my collection! I've got the blood sugar palette I love it, blue blood is lovely but I've got green eyes too so it's not for me I suit warmer colours and purples rather than blue!

YoThePussy Mon 06-May-19 14:18:01

Was working at a racecourse some years ago and there was a function on which I was helping with. There were lots of footballers there and other sporty people. Talking to a man and asked what he did. He smiled very sweetly and said he played a bit of football. It was Cristiano Ronaldo. He was lovely, I fell a tiny bit in love with him that day for being so nice to me.

ILoveYou3000 Mon 06-May-19 13:36:22

@breakfastpizza MF?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »