Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about any famous people you've met please

(690 Posts)
Butterfly98 Sun 21-Apr-19 21:44:20

I want to hear about your good or bad encounters with a celebrity/famous person please! In the late nineties I met the chef Ainsley Harriot at a London train station when I was cueing to buy a ticket! I was very excited about this and told him I loved the show Ready Steady Cook which he was on at the time, he was really nice and chatty but I didn't get his autograph though! More recently about 2 years ago Ray Winston was sitting at the table beside us in a Chinese restaurant but we didn't get to speak as he was engrossed in conversation. I nearly forgot Todd Carty aka Mark from East Enders used to use our local newsagent in the morning on way to Elstree again in the nineties, he was always very smiley and drove a little MG!

Livedandlearned Sun 21-Apr-19 22:29:47

WeMarch What's Murr like?

HeronLanyon Sun 21-Apr-19 22:31:13

I met Ella Fitzgerald after a concert early 80s. She stopped her car and rolled down her window to talk to me about jazz- deeply un-cool then - and she said ‘jazz needs youngsters like you honey’. Lifetime memory. Wonderful woman.

AdamAntsCrackpotHistory Sun 21-Apr-19 22:32:28

Patrick Stewart, lovely.
Cilla Black, not so lovely.
Bruce Forsyth, adorable.
Jaws from the Bond films, and Nik Nak, both really sweet.
Penelope Keith, what a darling.

All while I was working in a store in Knightsbridge, yes, that one!

NoShitHemlock Sun 21-Apr-19 22:33:30

I spotted Mark Addy as I was leaving work one day many years ago pre-GoT, and was so star struck I couldn't even talk to him.

And I met Chris Barrie (Rimmer from Red Dwarf) not long after in an organised work situation, and couldn't talk to him either.

I am SO rock'n'roll blush

RuggyPeg Sun 21-Apr-19 22:33:36

I randomly met Strictlys Natalie Lowe today. She was lovely & looked fantastic and her very young & handsome male companion obviously thought so too, as he couldn't keep his hands off her 😁

RubyWho Sun 21-Apr-19 22:34:40

Oh also Olivia Coleman and Chris Morris. Used to live locally to them. Both lovely, Olivia more so.

Mummyto2munchkins Sun 21-Apr-19 22:36:00

Andrew Johnson (Everton/England footballer)
Tony Blairs Wife (WHEN Tony Blair was prime minister - if she even counts confused)
Linford Christy - I played with his hair when I was a young teenager..

MR BLOBBY!

knackered Sun 21-Apr-19 22:37:23

I met Victoria Wood in a group held in a library. She was delightful and a bit shy. Was very sad when she died.

I met Geri ginger Spice who had very smelly breath - think she was doing Atkins diet at the time. Very petite. Very enthusiastic and effusive.

vampirethriller Sun 21-Apr-19 22:37:28

Kelly llorena is lovely and sweet to everyone
Sherrie Hewson gave me a kiss goodnight, she's also lovely and smells amazing
Bradley from SClub was very nice
Natasha Hamilton shouted at my friend
(I used to run a nightclub and they were appearing)
I accidentally trod on David blunkett's dogs paw outside a charity shop in Sheffield and he was very nice about it (I apologised to the dog)

thenightsky Sun 21-Apr-19 22:37:47

Oh come on Amanduh you can't just drop Meghan Markle in there and bugger off. Details lovey, details! grin

HeronLanyon Sun 21-Apr-19 22:38:27

Oo er Cherie Blair - I was at her silk’s party I seem to remember.

deste Sun 21-Apr-19 22:39:08

Gg

avocuddl Sun 21-Apr-19 22:40:00

I also met Ainsley at a train station!! Got a photo with him 😂

englishdictionary Sun 21-Apr-19 22:40:19

worked in a hotel when i left school, i met Paul McCartney and his wife, David Essex,

gringringringringrin

I love this star

YouTheCat Sun 21-Apr-19 22:41:03

Heron, I am so jealous.

I have met loads but none as cool as Ella.

HeronLanyon Sun 21-Apr-19 22:41:15

Just remembered buzz aldrin - had a relative who lived close by and was friends with him. Was amazing to meet someone who’d been to the moon but I was too young at the time to really understand . . .

MissLadyM Sun 21-Apr-19 22:42:04

There's something really needy & pathetic about these threads. They're just people ffs

Bw3344 Sun 21-Apr-19 22:42:07

I served a bunch of the guys from GOT when I was working at one of the airports in Belfast. Alfie Allen is adorable. So friendly, asked how your day was going etc. Couldnt reply too well, was star struck and the only person serving in the bar! The guy who plays Podrick,Joe Dempsey and the guy who plays Greyworm who did not look anything like his character. They were all lovely. Shane something or other from Boyzone, I had no idea who he was but he was lovely too! And Ian Glenn. But I couldnt speak because I am quite partial to an older guy and he just does it for me! Hahaha.

AutumnCrow Sun 21-Apr-19 22:43:10

Paul McCartney and David Essex make a lovely couple.

Their rendition of 'Only a Winter's Mull of Kintyre' is one of the greats.

RosieLancs Sun 21-Apr-19 22:43:44

Jeremy Keeling (from Monkey World and it's tv series Monkey Life) - Absolute knob jockey, made my twins age 9 cry.

Russell Band - Really kind and down to earth, not nearly as hyper as I'd thought he'd be.

Tony Blair (before he became a warmonger) - very polite but something unsettling about his handshake.

Jeremy Corbyn twice - Sweet and normal, remembered my kids names the second time we met him and asked about my eldest's exam results (was in the middle of her gcses the first time we met).

Jon Richardson - lovely

Steven Gerrard - met him at a soft play place with his kids and some other people when we lived up in Lancashire, very politely asked if he could share my table and bought me a coffee to say thanks, had zero idea who he was but became aware of people trying to secretly take pictures of him, was only when a friend saw the pics on facebook and text me that I found out who he was.
Where we lived in Lancashire was only about half an hour outside Liverpool so he was very popular round those parts.

Mycatsstaringatme Sun 21-Apr-19 22:43:53

Prob outing for me but
Simon Webb , he was polite. Tony Hadley, laughed when I asked him for his autograph cause I was pretty young to be into Spandau Ballet! Lady Gaga - totally adorable. Lewis Capaldi few days ago, such a grateful guy.

Redshoeblueshoe Sun 21-Apr-19 22:45:04

Paul McCartney was married to David Essex shock

ChipsAreLife Sun 21-Apr-19 22:45:04

I met Bruce Forsyth, he was very lively, warm and funny.

Also met Freddie flintoff at the height of his cricket game and he was very humble and nice

HeronLanyon Sun 21-Apr-19 22:45:33

youthecat I was on cloud nine afterwards and still love thinking about it. She was a remarkable woman over and above the obvious - really interesting life which I hadn’t realised at the time. Good thread. Lots of amazing people.

Dieu Sun 21-Apr-19 22:45:42

Paolo Nutini is close friends with my younger cousin. He is regularly at my auntie's house for his tea. Lovely and still very close to his old mates. He is exceptionally scatterbrained though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »