Talk

Advanced search

Tell me about any famous people you've met please

(690 Posts)
Butterfly98 Sun 21-Apr-19 21:44:20

I want to hear about your good or bad encounters with a celebrity/famous person please! In the late nineties I met the chef Ainsley Harriot at a London train station when I was cueing to buy a ticket! I was very excited about this and told him I loved the show Ready Steady Cook which he was on at the time, he was really nice and chatty but I didn't get his autograph though! More recently about 2 years ago Ray Winston was sitting at the table beside us in a Chinese restaurant but we didn't get to speak as he was engrossed in conversation. I nearly forgot Todd Carty aka Mark from East Enders used to use our local newsagent in the morning on way to Elstree again in the nineties, he was always very smiley and drove a little MG!

happyhillock Sun 21-Apr-19 21:52:52

I worked in a hotel when i left school, i met Paul McCartney and his wife, David Essex,
Harold McMillan, Bay City Rollers, Shirley Bassey the nicest famous person i met was Noel Edmonds, he asked how long i'd worked there, my favourite bands and hobbies etc.

Doubletrouble99 Sun 21-Apr-19 22:00:29

I've meet quite a few, mainly because I worked in retailing for many years. I had to decline Roland Atkinsons Amex Card once. He was going out with Lesley Ash at the time, she kept calling him Rollie darling!
Ronnie Corbet used to have a home in the village I had a bakery in. His dad was a baker so he always appreciated good, well made bread. I used to have to serve him by going round the counter to him as he couldn't really see over it!

Easterbunnynearlyhere Sun 21-Apr-19 22:03:08

I saw Sue Pollard in a pub. Very rude to anyone who tried to talk to her tbh.

PookieHook Sun 21-Apr-19 22:06:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

thenightsky Sun 21-Apr-19 22:06:29

My parents had Richard Whitely as a neighbour. He came to their golden wedding party with a crate of booze bless him. Carried it all the way up a long hill in the heat and was all red in the face. Talked to my cleavage all night grin

Princess Diana at a garden party when I was 36 weeks pregnant. All the seats were taken and she found me a seat. It was blistering hot weather and I must have looked like I was going to keel over.

Scrumptiousbears Sun 21-Apr-19 22:07:18

We met Sue Pollard in a life at Kings Cross. She was lovely.

RubyWho Sun 21-Apr-19 22:07:34

John Barrowman - a sweetheart
Armando Ianucci - a tosser
Julian Barrett - hilarious and lovely (and tolerant of 17 mo old DS)
Emma Thompson - wanted her to adopt me
Andrew Garfield and Lily Cole - down to earth and good natured

I met them all in a previous life/line of work.

yearinyearout Sun 21-Apr-19 22:10:26

Doubletrouble99 no idea why she would be calling him Rollie since his name is Rowan

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 21-Apr-19 22:11:50

, i met Paul McCartney and his wife, David Essex I read this and thought "When was Paul Mc married to David E . they kept that one quiet", blush

PookieDo Sun 21-Apr-19 22:14:30

I went on holiday in about 1999 and the only other British couple in our hotel was Alan Halsall and his GF (Tyrone from Corrie)
We spent the whole week together we went paragliding and all got food poisoning together too
He was really nice

DorisDances Sun 21-Apr-19 22:14:49

Margaret Thatcher is my most memorable encounter....

goose1964 Sun 21-Apr-19 22:14:54

Suzi Quatro at Reading Rock she was lovely and chatty, Ian Botham who picked my 2 year old up, Viv Richards and quite a few other cricketers

Triglesoffy Sun 21-Apr-19 22:15:41

Benedict Cumberbatch
Liam Neeson
Winona Ryder
Reece Witherspoon
Daniel Radcliffe
Meghan Markle

Not all at the same time.

SachaStark Sun 21-Apr-19 22:17:22

Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) has a house in my hometown, and he’s widely known by all the locals for being incredibly rude.

thenightsky Sun 21-Apr-19 22:17:51

goose1964 Ian Botham sat next to my DD when she flew from Leeds Bradford to Gatwick as an unaccompanied minor. She said he was lovely, but I suspect he had a nightmare flight as DD was well known for never shutting up talking crap at that age (11).

Cafetierecoffee Sun 21-Apr-19 22:18:00

I worked in a hotel when i left school, i met Paul McCartney and his wife, David Essex

This is making me LOL 😂

Jellyonawonkyplate Sun 21-Apr-19 22:18:11

Ian Kelsey, of Emmerdale fame many eons ago.
I was about 17 and had waited at the stage door for him, having admired him for ages.
He came out, snatched the programme out of my hand and signed it, threw it back at me and curtly snapped 'aren't you cold?'. I'd worn my new topshop vest top and remember feeling embarrassed in front of my friend.

Didn't much like him after that grin

Livedandlearned Sun 21-Apr-19 22:20:09

I read that as Paul McCartney is married to David Essex, i had to read it several times until it clicked grin

CookieWarbler Sun 21-Apr-19 22:21:30

Anne Robinson was a guest at my wedding (DH connection). She was charming!

WaitedForGodot Sun 21-Apr-19 22:21:57

Played poker in Vegas with AJ from the Backstreet Boys for about six hours. He was a lovely guy with lots of unrepeatable stories.

WeMarchOn Sun 21-Apr-19 22:27:20

I have met the USA Impractical Jokers, Sal is a darling.

Brilliantidiot Sun 21-Apr-19 22:27:58

Sarah Lancashire - lovely
Justin what's his face, Mr Tumble - a twat.
Andrew Lancel - (DI Manson from The Bill) - polite and friendly.

Met through line of work.

Amanduh Sun 21-Apr-19 22:28:34

Met Frankie Bridge and she was LOVELY. As were all of Westlife, Liam Neeson, Kate, William and Beatrice. Taylor Swift is on another level. She is nicer than anyome I personally know! So so lovely. Also nice - Chris Pratt.
Horrible, entitled stuck up ignorant twats were Olly Murs, Amanda Holden, Meghan Markle, Alan Pardew, Kelly Brook and Ben Foden.

Stravapalava Sun 21-Apr-19 22:29:36

Suzanne Dando through acting. She was absolutely lovely, I was kind of in awe of her.

Livedandlearned Sun 21-Apr-19 22:29:47

WeMarch What's Murr like?

HeronLanyon Sun 21-Apr-19 22:31:13

I met Ella Fitzgerald after a concert early 80s. She stopped her car and rolled down her window to talk to me about jazz- deeply un-cool then - and she said ‘jazz needs youngsters like you honey’. Lifetime memory. Wonderful woman.

AdamAntsCrackpotHistory Sun 21-Apr-19 22:32:28

Patrick Stewart, lovely.
Cilla Black, not so lovely.
Bruce Forsyth, adorable.
Jaws from the Bond films, and Nik Nak, both really sweet.
Penelope Keith, what a darling.

All while I was working in a store in Knightsbridge, yes, that one!

NoShitHemlock Sun 21-Apr-19 22:33:30

I spotted Mark Addy as I was leaving work one day many years ago pre-GoT, and was so star struck I couldn't even talk to him.

And I met Chris Barrie (Rimmer from Red Dwarf) not long after in an organised work situation, and couldn't talk to him either.

I am SO rock'n'roll blush

RuggyPeg Sun 21-Apr-19 22:33:36

I randomly met Strictlys Natalie Lowe today. She was lovely & looked fantastic and her very young & handsome male companion obviously thought so too, as he couldn't keep his hands off her 😁

RubyWho Sun 21-Apr-19 22:34:40

Oh also Olivia Coleman and Chris Morris. Used to live locally to them. Both lovely, Olivia more so.

Mummyto2munchkins Sun 21-Apr-19 22:36:00

Andrew Johnson (Everton/England footballer)
Tony Blairs Wife (WHEN Tony Blair was prime minister - if she even counts confused)
Linford Christy - I played with his hair when I was a young teenager..

MR BLOBBY!

knackered Sun 21-Apr-19 22:37:23

I met Victoria Wood in a group held in a library. She was delightful and a bit shy. Was very sad when she died.

I met Geri ginger Spice who had very smelly breath - think she was doing Atkins diet at the time. Very petite. Very enthusiastic and effusive.

vampirethriller Sun 21-Apr-19 22:37:28

Kelly llorena is lovely and sweet to everyone
Sherrie Hewson gave me a kiss goodnight, she's also lovely and smells amazing
Bradley from SClub was very nice
Natasha Hamilton shouted at my friend
(I used to run a nightclub and they were appearing)
I accidentally trod on David blunkett's dogs paw outside a charity shop in Sheffield and he was very nice about it (I apologised to the dog)

thenightsky Sun 21-Apr-19 22:37:47

Oh come on Amanduh you can't just drop Meghan Markle in there and bugger off. Details lovey, details! grin

HeronLanyon Sun 21-Apr-19 22:38:27

Oo er Cherie Blair - I was at her silk’s party I seem to remember.

deste Sun 21-Apr-19 22:39:08

Gg

avocuddl Sun 21-Apr-19 22:40:00

I also met Ainsley at a train station!! Got a photo with him 😂

englishdictionary Sun 21-Apr-19 22:40:19

worked in a hotel when i left school, i met Paul McCartney and his wife, David Essex,

gringringringringrin

I love this star

YouTheCat Sun 21-Apr-19 22:41:03

Heron, I am so jealous.

I have met loads but none as cool as Ella.

HeronLanyon Sun 21-Apr-19 22:41:15

Just remembered buzz aldrin - had a relative who lived close by and was friends with him. Was amazing to meet someone who’d been to the moon but I was too young at the time to really understand . . .

MissLadyM Sun 21-Apr-19 22:42:04

There's something really needy & pathetic about these threads. They're just people ffs

Bw3344 Sun 21-Apr-19 22:42:07

I served a bunch of the guys from GOT when I was working at one of the airports in Belfast. Alfie Allen is adorable. So friendly, asked how your day was going etc. Couldnt reply too well, was star struck and the only person serving in the bar! The guy who plays Podrick,Joe Dempsey and the guy who plays Greyworm who did not look anything like his character. They were all lovely. Shane something or other from Boyzone, I had no idea who he was but he was lovely too! And Ian Glenn. But I couldnt speak because I am quite partial to an older guy and he just does it for me! Hahaha.

AutumnCrow Sun 21-Apr-19 22:43:10

Paul McCartney and David Essex make a lovely couple.

Their rendition of 'Only a Winter's Mull of Kintyre' is one of the greats.

RosieLancs Sun 21-Apr-19 22:43:44

Jeremy Keeling (from Monkey World and it's tv series Monkey Life) - Absolute knob jockey, made my twins age 9 cry.

Russell Band - Really kind and down to earth, not nearly as hyper as I'd thought he'd be.

Tony Blair (before he became a warmonger) - very polite but something unsettling about his handshake.

Jeremy Corbyn twice - Sweet and normal, remembered my kids names the second time we met him and asked about my eldest's exam results (was in the middle of her gcses the first time we met).

Jon Richardson - lovely

Steven Gerrard - met him at a soft play place with his kids and some other people when we lived up in Lancashire, very politely asked if he could share my table and bought me a coffee to say thanks, had zero idea who he was but became aware of people trying to secretly take pictures of him, was only when a friend saw the pics on facebook and text me that I found out who he was.
Where we lived in Lancashire was only about half an hour outside Liverpool so he was very popular round those parts.

Mycatsstaringatme Sun 21-Apr-19 22:43:53

Prob outing for me but
Simon Webb , he was polite. Tony Hadley, laughed when I asked him for his autograph cause I was pretty young to be into Spandau Ballet! Lady Gaga - totally adorable. Lewis Capaldi few days ago, such a grateful guy.

Redshoeblueshoe Sun 21-Apr-19 22:45:04

Paul McCartney was married to David Essex shock

ChipsAreLife Sun 21-Apr-19 22:45:04

I met Bruce Forsyth, he was very lively, warm and funny.

Also met Freddie flintoff at the height of his cricket game and he was very humble and nice

HeronLanyon Sun 21-Apr-19 22:45:33

youthecat I was on cloud nine afterwards and still love thinking about it. She was a remarkable woman over and above the obvious - really interesting life which I hadn’t realised at the time. Good thread. Lots of amazing people.

Dieu Sun 21-Apr-19 22:45:42

Paolo Nutini is close friends with my younger cousin. He is regularly at my auntie's house for his tea. Lovely and still very close to his old mates. He is exceptionally scatterbrained though.

ChipsAreLife Sun 21-Apr-19 22:46:17

Oh and Ben Elton but he was hammered and not very pleasant

Elzbells Sun 21-Apr-19 22:46:41

My grandparents were best friends with Luke and Matt Goss grandparents. So when I was 13 I had the tickets, the autographs etc

Now I'm related to one of the biggest pop stars of the 90's by marriage.

ExceedExpectations Sun 21-Apr-19 22:47:19

There's something really needy & pathetic about these threads. They're just people ffs

Okay run along now and participate in another thread then grin

RosieLancs Sun 21-Apr-19 22:48:36

Forgot to add Justin Fletcher - Really lovely, had to look after him at an event where he was appearing as Mr Tumble, he was amazing throughout, even during the breaks when no kids were about

CalamityJune Sun 21-Apr-19 22:49:48

Glad to hear that Rosie. Justin often gets named as unpleasant on these threads and I just can't picture it.

DeadDoorpost Sun 21-Apr-19 22:51:44

George Takai and his husband Brad. Both really lovely men.
Mr Maker is also lovely.
John le Carre. Old, a bit brusque but also lovely. He signed my book for me after coming to tell us at uni about his life. We chatted and tried to see if he ever worked alongside my grandfather. We don't think he did but they my have crossed paths at some point, without knowing.
Dawn French. I was 5 months pregnant and she shook my hand and told me I looked gorgeous. Made my whole day. She then proceeded to talk to my dad about their last encounter about 10 years before, which she remembered because she told him off 😂

LDNmumof3 Sun 21-Apr-19 22:52:24

Loveliest: Brian May - polite, chatty and really kind to my awestruck DS

Worst: Ian Hislop - entitled little wanker

needanappp Sun 21-Apr-19 22:52:25

Brian May - he was lovely
Little Mix a couple of times - all really nice girls
Charli XCX - very down to earth
Matt & Emma Willis - when I was working in Primark briefly! Was shocked to see them in there but they were very polite and seemed lovely.

There's a few more but none very notable. Never met anyone I'd say was in any way rude or standoffish. I have heard plenty of stories about such celebrities though!

Haffiana Sun 21-Apr-19 22:54:37

Lewis Capaldi few days ago, such a grateful guy.

Grateful for what, exactly?? shock

Stopyourhavering64 Sun 21-Apr-19 22:55:02

Vic Reeves and Bob Mortimer...they gate crashed a dinner dance I was attending as they were staying at hotel post gig ....they were great fun and very pissed!
Sean Connery...sold him a cashmere sweater when he was playing golf and I had summer job in nearby woollen mill ...he was charming
Went to school and appeared on stage with The Proclaimers

MadisonAvenue Sun 21-Apr-19 22:55:23

Billie Joe Armstrong - really lovely. Friendly and down to earth.
John Taylor - chatty and friendly
Simon Le Bon - fun
Jake and Ana from Scissor Sisters - unrecognisable off stage, I was talking to Jake for a while before it clicked who he was, very chatty and a lot of fun to hang around with.
Bez - very nice
Patrice Evra - fun, really nice and he never stopped smiling and talking.
Frank Turner - chatty, really pleasant.

incinemasnow Sun 21-Apr-19 22:56:12

Nigella Lawson - very professional & aware of her brand. Peter Andre was lovely & incredibly chatty. I also met Carol Kirkwood & even at 7am she' was so friendly

Puzzledandpissedoff Sun 21-Apr-19 22:56:34

Jimmy Stewart - back in the 80s I visited his house with a friend who knew him. He'd have been in his late 70s by then, but he came across as being just as lovely as he did in his movies (and he made me a glass of lemonade!)

Duchess of Cambridge - met her on a Norfolk beach with the kids. Really nice, really "normal", really well informed on local stuff and very well mannered (as were the children)

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sun 21-Apr-19 22:56:44

DH was head of security at a festival where Gabriella Cilmi was appearing. She was only about 16 at the time and had nobody with her, DH chaperoned her after her set and drove her back to her (quite crap) digs. He said she was really sweet and chatty, but didn't want to be any trouble and kept thanking him for looking after her.

ImposterSyndrome101 Sun 21-Apr-19 22:57:51

I met Bryan Ferry as a child (mums cousin) and puked chocolate cake all over his very expensive shoes. His kids were nice from what I can remember.

I've met Robert Carlyle and Mark Addy on separate occasions and once when they were out with their families together. RC has bought me Ice Cream and hugged me every time I've seen him. Lovely lovely man, was really weird watching him in OUAT.

I went to a theater school so I've met several TV and Movie actors and West End Stars, but I don't really count that because I've met them through school and organised events not out and about.

Butterfly98 Sun 21-Apr-19 22:58:34

@Amanduh tell us more about Meghan Markle, did you get to speak to her?

strangerthongs Sun 21-Apr-19 22:58:55

I have only met a few but my husband/dad/sister have met loads through their jobs

lorraine kelly - really nice
nicola sturgeon - deserving of her nippy sweetie reputation apparently
alex salmond - full of himself and sleazy apparently
local mp (SNP) - very nice
local msp (labour) - stuck up cow
Sarah Brown (Gordon's wife) - really nice and did a lot for the relative's charity
Kezia Dugdale - really nice and this was surprising to the relative
Prince Charles - very nice and still sends us christmas cards!
Princess Anne - very nice, very intelligent, genuinely interested in what she's doing, her role, the people she meets
neil armstrong (yes him) - boring bastard
buzz aldrin (yes him) - funny nice guy
Bill Clinton - very friendly, took the time to speak to all the hotel staff he met. Hilary not so friendly
Michael Jackson - weirdo surrounded by lots of bodyguards
Robbie Williams - very shy
Paul Gascoigne - friendly, spoke to all his fans, very funny, but this was the 90s. Sad what has happened since
Ally McCoist - legend, funny and friendly
The Queen! actually this was me, I just remembered! I was 5 and pushed my way to the front of the people and presented her with some daisies I had picked. She took them and kept them (didn't hand them to anyone). I can't remember what she said though. Saw her drive past in an open top landrover thing
Jerome from soldier soldier - sang that song with my gran on a plane and gave his autograph
Wet Wet Wet - Marti is a w*nker but his bandmates are good lads. Marti's missus is not popular
A former miss scotland whom I shall not name, looks like a horse, dresses like a tart, horrible woman who bullies staff at events/hotels
Oh and I shaked Elton John's hand once and got a wave of Howard from Take That!

OneInAMillionYou Sun 21-Apr-19 23:00:07

In my previous job I worked with the ATP tennis tour so met all of the top male players.

Federer was the nicest and the most fun. Has a really goofy sense of humour. His wife was a bit frosty though.
Nadal, very polite. His English was not as good as it is now and he enjoyed learning new phrases/idioms. His family charming.
Djokovic. Nope. 👎🏻
Tsonga. Always smiling, very kind to people working around him, drivers etc. No one had a bad word to say about him.
Andy Murray. Shyer than I expected, but v nice.

Jaxhog Sun 21-Apr-19 23:01:15

The Queen - when I was 9 years old. I remember nothing!
Roger Moore - he lived near us and used to go to the shops. He really does that thing with his eyebrows.
Fairport Convention - we shared a picnic on Southport beach before a gig (them, not me)
Soft Machine - sadly pre Carl Jenkins, but they were weirdly fun
Theresa May - we chatted about scarves while waiting for a chinese new year parade in Maidenhead. She's really nice.

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sun 21-Apr-19 23:02:57

strangerthongs I found Marti to be lovely when I met him, really pleasant, smells beautiful. Not a hint of arrogance or impatience.

chocolateworshipper Sun 21-Apr-19 23:04:40

Me:
Richard Branson - lovely
Simon Le Bon - lovely, especially considering we were a bunch of love-struck teens who had knocked on his door uninvited!

DH:
Eddie Izzard - fabulous and funny (before he got into politics)
Brian May - incredibly friendly
Sir David Attenborough - as awesome in real life as he is on TV

Catchingbentcoppers Sun 21-Apr-19 23:04:59

Paolo Nutini is close friends with my younger cousin. He is regularly at my auntie's house for his tea. Lovely and still very close to his old mates. He is exceptionally scatterbrained though.

I met him once too, he was so SO lovely to my DD (she was about 2) that I wanted to adopt him. Absolutely lovely fella.

strangerthongs Sun 21-Apr-19 23:07:09

my relative has known him since before the band was created and used to live beside his mum. Relative still meets up with his bandmates when they are in or around the area. So good authority and nothing to do with jealousy as relative has done very well for themselves also.

Catchingbentcoppers Sun 21-Apr-19 23:08:07

A former miss scotland whom I shall not name, looks like a horse, dresses like a tart, horrible woman who bullies staff at events/hotels

Come on, spill! Or at least more clues ...

brizzlemint Sun 21-Apr-19 23:09:39

Steve McFadden - somewhat unpleasant
Ant and Dec, Jarvis Cocker, Wendy Richards, Princess Anne - all lovely
Prunella Scales and Timothy West - a lovely couple. Bought us drinks in the interval after he accidentally trod on my foot!

PurpleFlower1983 Sun 21-Apr-19 23:10:34

My husband is friends with Su Pollard from when they worked together, surprised she was rude to anyone as she loves talking to people!

I’ve met a few celebs through theatre, my favourite being Angela Lansbury who I love! She was absolutely lovely and reminded me of my Nan.

ShannonRockallMalin Sun 21-Apr-19 23:11:38

I won a writing competition when I was 14 and the prize was presented by Jimmy Saville. Makes me feel sick to think about it now, there just three winners and we were all in a small room together to receive the prize, luckily with our parents. I dread to think what might have happened had we been left alone with him. When all the stuff about him came out, my mum burned the photo of us with him.

On a lighter note, I once sold some books to Ralph Fiennes, who was perfectly nice, and to Damien Horst, who was a tosser.

ShannonRockallMalin Sun 21-Apr-19 23:12:36

* Damian Hirst

Mycatisstaringatme Sun 21-Apr-19 23:16:22

Grateful for what, exactly
Coming to the gig, buying his album, everyone was there to support and he just kept thanking everyone individually. He was sweet

wobytide Sun 21-Apr-19 23:16:30

* Prob outing for me but*

Yup, completely worked out who you are from that A list

anomoony Sun 21-Apr-19 23:16:38

Nick Cave. Asked me for a light and chatted for a while about the band that was playing.

Karl Urban. Friendly enough.

The Dalai Lama patted me on my head once. grin

Mycatisstaringatme Sun 21-Apr-19 23:20:20

wobytide like most people I am referring to those IRL friends I have browsing the forum.
Not that I had to explain that... sorry if your day has been so miserable you decided to post digs on MN to make you feel better?

Driftingthoughlife Sun 21-Apr-19 23:20:42

Lee Mack really nice bloke
My DH used to play for the same cricket club that Freddie Flintoffs brother did and went on a night out with them both. Freddie was on water all night and apparently didn’t drink back then

Sugarformyhoney Sun 21-Apr-19 23:23:00

Met some z listers and hasbedns in my old job...
Denise van outen- rude to young fans dnd generally horrible. Very unattractive and heavily made up in RL
David Essex- absolutely lovely
Kerry Katona- really lovely
Brookside Barry haha who was actually a twat
Dannii minogue- horrible
Jim Davison/ vile, rude arrogant and Pervy
Amanda Holden- Awful
Ollly Murs- Awful
Tasha from Atomic Kitten- really nice
Nicholas lyndhurst- horrible

faw2009 Sun 21-Apr-19 23:23:21

I stalked Rupert Graves many years ago when celebrities were doing a charity event in Covent Garden. Really charming.
I've served Julian Lennon - he was fine. Also John Simpson, very polite. I've witnessed Wayne Sleep getting a bit leery with my brother. Jack Davenport definitely eyed me up for about oooh one second. All ages ago!
I once went to The Ivy and we were seated next to Willow and her boyfriend from Buffy. Seemed nice enough.
Recently walked down my road and Sandie Toksvig was going the other way.

Sugarformyhoney Sun 21-Apr-19 23:24:45

Oh and Katie Price who was quite uncouth but actually really chatty and friendly
A friend knows Kate winsket snd says she’s super nice and very normal

LifeImplosionImminent Sun 21-Apr-19 23:30:52

Jeremy Angerson who was in neighbours at the time, he held a door open for me at the hotel I was staying in and did a very elaborate signature
Claire from Big Brother season 1 - was on a flight to the Caribbean she was in economy I might add...
Diane-Louise Jordan from Blue Peter - was at a party and she was very nice
Steve John Shepherd who played Michael Moon in Eastenders - well I knew him all through school so not sure that counts
Tom Hiddleston - really lovely at stage door
Charlie Cox - equally as lovely but even more chatty at stage door
There's been a few where my friends would say "isn't that so and so?" But I tend to walk around with my head up my arse so I'm sure I missed lots of celebs when I lived in London

Sakura7 Sun 21-Apr-19 23:33:58

In the nice camp:

Chris Hemsworth
All of Westlife
Gary Barlow and Mark Owen
Jason McAteer
Johnny Logan blush
Robbie Keane
Frankie Dettori
Leo Varadkar - though there's much I don't agree with him on, he's happy to talk and is very polite.

Not so nice - Pierce Brosnan.

CharlieCoCo Sun 21-Apr-19 23:37:04

Murr is amazing, so into fans and mingles with them, buys drinks etc. I have been on their cruises before and boy does his body guard deserve his money as he prob works the hardest as Murr mingled so much 🤣

AlexaAmbidextra Sun 21-Apr-19 23:39:22

I bumped into the Duchess of Cornwall in Norfolk a couple of weeks ago, she was absolutely lovely, very warm and friendly. Beautiful in RL and oh so slender.

thecatneuterer Sun 21-Apr-19 23:39:39

Fern Britton and Artem Chigvintsev. I've no idea what Fern was like as I'm afraid I rather ignored her and instead talked to Artem, who was polite and friendly. Also Flavia and Vincent from Strictly - also pleasant.

AlexaAmbidextra Sun 21-Apr-19 23:39:59

Cornwall, no, no, not Camilla. Cambridge you fool! 🙄😄

imamum21 Sun 21-Apr-19 23:45:16

ive met jay from cutkelvins what an arse! tried to return something used saying it was new and he changed his mind, i said sorry im not refunding you (at the time i didnt know who he was) and he started shouting at me!!, will mellor and kirsten o'brien

DishingOutDone Sun 21-Apr-19 23:46:55

Stephen Fry, very very sweet and quite shy.
Cheryl from Bucks Fizz. Not keen to meet her again.

quizqueen Sun 21-Apr-19 23:48:54

Patrick Swayze- lovely man
Nigel Farage - very nice too, my BREXIT hero
Larry Hagman (JR)- full of his own self importance, the rest of the Dallas cast were very down to earth and friendly though
John Stamos (Full House) - friendly , quite short

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Sun 21-Apr-19 23:50:01

strangerthongs what a shame, I am pleased he wasn't an arsehole to me though. It had just reminded me though that my old boss was at school with him and couldn't see the attraction, he used to take the piss but I thought that was just a man thing lol

GremlinDolphin1 Sun 21-Apr-19 23:53:28

Robin Ellis (the original Poldark) is a newly found relative - he is late 70s now but is the most lovely man ever. I am looking forward to meeting his brother Jack Ellis (Jim Fenton in Had Girls). X

Hearhere Sun 21-Apr-19 23:55:32

I've met a few mildly famous people but I can't remember who they were ...ermm...Bob geldof briefly, someone from a soap opera, someone from a rock band

Ellie56 Sun 21-Apr-19 23:56:07

I was one of a group of school governors that were invited to 10 Downing Street when Tony Blair was Prime Minister.

I didn't realise how small TB was until a flunkey brought in a red box for him to stand on so we could all see him as he made his speech! grin

Bouledeneige Sun 21-Apr-19 23:59:48

Eddie Izzard - a friend before he was famous, a bit shallow
Patrick Marber - before he wrote all those films and plays - very clever
Rob Newman - chatted me up a few times, funny but a bit of a twerp at the time - my mistake, he's very clever
The Queen - grumpy
Prince Charles - informed
Sophie of Wessex - a laugh
David Cameron - slimy but very clever communicator
Boris Johnson - in love with himself
Lord Archer - condescending
Terence Conran - a gent
Carol Vorderman - a bit thick and very vain
Esther Rantzen - just Esther - full on but with a heart
Janet Street Porter - stroppy and difficult but a great laugh
Larry Lamb - anxious and self concious
Alison Steadman - lovely
Piers Morgan - just as bumptious and vain as you think

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »