Talk

Advanced search

Expecting couple want people to make their meals and do their chores for them.

(139 Posts)
Aeroflotgirl Sun 21-Apr-19 08:34:10

I read this, and I was gobsmacked, and not just any meals, specific ones requiring expensive ingredients. As If they are the first people to have babies. I think big CF comes to mind here. I know people don't have to give, but some people have a huge front.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6941101/Expecting-couple-ridiculed-Meal-Train-page-requesting-Paleo-meals-friends-chores.html

letsdolunch321 Mon 22-Apr-19 10:49:01

Madness asking strangers to do such things. A typical D. Mail story

Pre plan you lazy twats.

stucknoue Mon 22-Apr-19 11:03:56

It's weird that it's on Twitter, a public site but for families and friends who ask "can we help " it's actually a good idea to list things you like if you are fussy. Far better than piles of baby clothes they outgrow immediately or soft toys

stucknoue Mon 22-Apr-19 11:05:37

Ps I lived 6000 miles from family and coped just fine without help but I didn't have a c-section or stitches even and we had no Twitter (or even Mumsnet) to turn to because the internet was new then

AfterSchoolWorry Mon 22-Apr-19 11:18:01

That's pathetic. The husband simpering that he won't be able to support the wife because he'll be tired. Fucking, pathetic sap.

It's embarrassing. How are they going to cope with serious illness or death and other life stuff ???

FannyCann Mon 22-Apr-19 11:55:16

A lot more tolerance than one might expect on twitter.

"Yeah, I’ve been in a strange town with a newborn, a husband who was constantly working, and no support. I could have used some help. I ended up mentally in an extremely bad place.

I think asking your community for the help a lot of people already get from family is ok.

Maggie

@irishmaggie
·
19 Apr

Exact same situation except he was deployed to Iraq and he was working. He was a reservist so I wasn’t on base and no military family anywhere near me. We should be building community not abusing people who ask for help"

NewAccount270219 Mon 22-Apr-19 11:58:54

How is that second scenario the same as this?! He's not deployed to Iraq, he's at home wanting to eat the food.

No one works so much that they don't feed themselves, so he can also feed her if she has post-birth issues.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Mon 22-Apr-19 11:59:16

Yanbu. No one carried me around or treated me like a Queen.

Fiveredbricks Mon 22-Apr-19 12:30:14

This is the result of 'every child gets a medal' at sports day... God help them if their kid has colic 😂

MissSingerbrains Mon 22-Apr-19 12:45:08

The funniest bit was the request for Fage 5% Greek yogurt... I mean, this is literally something you buy in a shop so why on earth were these CFers expecting strangers to do their shopping for them? shock

Februaryblooms Mon 22-Apr-19 12:45:44

He sounds like a right CF.

When I was postpartum with our DS I managed to look after him, clean and cook with only a small amount of help from DP who took no paternity leave. We managed not to starve or live in squalor.

Somebody cooking for me and bringing meals would have been wonderful, but I wouldn't have had the front to expect it.

I definitely wouldn't list expensive and specific recipes.

Cringing on his behalf.

Tobebythesea Mon 22-Apr-19 12:50:54

Yes, they are twats how they’ve gone about this.

Having said that I’d much much rather receive food than any baby clothes or flowers. I wouldn’t ask for it though!

Aeroflotgirl Mon 22-Apr-19 13:41:17

They are expecting people they don't know to sub them. I am sure that in the US with a few clicks you can order your shopping and get it delivered, including: almonds, nuts, yoghurt etc, they can get some frozen or ready meals in too. If they want to, they can order ready made hot food meals to be delivered, rather like meals on wheels type thing.

MissConductUS Mon 22-Apr-19 14:55:13

* If they want to, they can order ready made hot food meals to be delivered, rather like meals on wheels type thing.*

We have such a service available, at least where i live on the east coast, in additional to lots of grocery delivery options. We gave my mum and MIL a gift certificate to Freshly for Christmas and they really liked the meals. They do get delivered overnight, cold, and then you just reheat them.

Freshly

Aeroflotgirl Mon 22-Apr-19 15:55:01

MissConductUS we have something here in the UK, I have seen adverts for it.

www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com/ There are so many options, I guess they want people to pay their food bill cheeky.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »