Talk

Advanced search

To say mums of girls are smug

(374 Posts)
TheMidiMitch Thu 18-Apr-19 21:28:42

Just been at a party where my son along with the other boys have been repeatedly told off for fighting (quite rightly so and largely by me). Whilst the girls are busy braiding hair and pretending to make cupcakes, the boys are looking like Lord of the Flies. Not meant to be a goady post but please let me know there's light at the end of this tunnel...anyone...

TheMidiMitch Thu 18-Apr-19 21:29:49

Not saying mums of girls are smug actually just I'm a bit jealous...

rabbitheadlights Thu 18-Apr-19 21:31:26

soon enough the boys will be that dissinterested in eeverything around them that you will think they are sleeping and the girls will start with the bitchy cat fights that hormones bring

Greeborising Thu 18-Apr-19 21:31:56

There definitely is light at the end of the tunnel!
IMO boys are harder when younger, noisy boisterous etc
But when puberty comes along, girls can wring you out!

Andanotherthingg Thu 18-Apr-19 21:32:27

My dd had a shit in the garden yesterday.

Home77 Thu 18-Apr-19 21:32:51

It changes when they hit puberty. Most of the mums of young teens I know are having a hard time and seem envious of us mums of boys just now...

TheMidiMitch Thu 18-Apr-19 21:32:53

Thanks - needed something to make me feel better as feeling like a terrible parent right now.

Shootingstar1115 Thu 18-Apr-19 21:33:12

Girls aren’t always easy either. 😂 I have both and they are both hard work in their own ways.

I think boys are easier when they get older into the teenage years though? Teenage girls are bitchy and always falling out with their friends, probably coming home school with a new drama every day but boys less so I think??

bibbitybobbityyhat Thu 18-Apr-19 21:33:27

What about mums of girls and boys? There's millions of us.

aweedropofsancerre Thu 18-Apr-19 21:33:40

I am a mother of 3 boys and 1 daughter and my boys are so much easier. When my DD got to around 11 it all went pear shaped... girly fall Outs became the norm, she changed her friendship group 3 times and then the period started.... I love my DD but my boys are so straightforward ...

WorraLiberty Thu 18-Apr-19 21:34:19

I'm sorry, but that's made my day Andanotherthingg grin grin

Nicknacky Thu 18-Apr-19 21:34:51

Smug? If you are not saying it then why say it?

Cheekyfeckery Thu 18-Apr-19 21:35:10

I have boys and girls. It’s all bullshit.

HTH.

LatentPhase Thu 18-Apr-19 21:35:14

When they are teens, you’ll have the last laugh....

BunchOfBalloons Thu 18-Apr-19 21:35:59

I get where you’re coming from. I have two boys and it feels like I spend half my day telling them to stop being so silly or rude and to quit fighting and arguing. Its exhausting.

Cheekyfeckery Thu 18-Apr-19 21:36:10

My boys are lovely. My girls are lovely.

Just focus on the positives. Everyone wins.

yummumto3girls Thu 18-Apr-19 21:36:29

I have 3 DD’s and must admit to feeling sorry for parents of boys when they were younger whilst mine were happy to sit and colour, read etc fast forward to two of them as teenagers, one is vile!! Your turn to be smug will soon come! Hang in there.

Hollowvictory Thu 18-Apr-19 21:36:33

I wou not want boys tbh. So yes I'm smug.

LL83 Thu 18-Apr-19 21:37:31

My boisterous 3 year old boy is a delight compared to argumenative independent, 9 year old daughter!

RogueV Thu 18-Apr-19 21:37:37

This made me LOL

TheFastandCurious Thu 18-Apr-19 21:38:16

I have three girls and a boy. My son is by FAR the easiest and I’m a little bit heartbroken I’ll never have another boy (I’m so DONE having kids)

GunpowderGelatine Thu 18-Apr-19 21:39:13

Lol. I know what you mean. I have one of each, my girl is sweet and lovely (mostly) and plays gently, she sort of glides around like Princess Peach. My boy is more like Bowser 🤦🏼‍♀️ bashing into everything and everyone and generally causing a nuisance.

Mari50 Thu 18-Apr-19 21:39:19

I have a dd and I’m definitely not smug, my dd is currently dealing with some really difficult situations at school because the other girls are a lot older, well into puberty and interested in all the things that entails. My dd is still wanting to play games and is being ridiculed and teased on a regular basis for her lack of attention to her appearance (no interest in nails/hair etc)
I think children can be difficult no matter what gender, the challenges are different but they are definitely there and just as tricky to navigate. I’m not smug that I have a dd at all and the next 5 years are terrifying me!!

Veryangryvicuna Thu 18-Apr-19 21:39:48

What cheekyfeckery said x 2

ShesABelter Thu 18-Apr-19 21:41:11

Both my girls have been much harder over the years in comparison to my son.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »