Talk

Advanced search

To despise of my husbands cat and wish it wouldn’t come back home

(285 Posts)
Luc187 Tue 16-Apr-19 09:39:58

I HATE my husbands cat. He purchased the cat just as we got together 10 years ago, in a house he owned by himself so I didn’t have a say. I hated her from then.

Fast forward we now live in a joint house that I love to bits and I find it DISGUSTING the cat has weed twice in the last week. In the past she’s pissed in my handbag, on our spare bed, on my jeans. I come downstairs for breakfast and smell CAT. PISS. She keeps bringing beheaded mice that bloodstain our rug. It’s vile. I never signed up for this, I didn’t spend all this money on a house to be subjected to this.

We plan on having children, I cannot tolerate this disgust around a child. It’s vile, she always projectile vomits too in the utility room.

I’ve had enough, is it reasonable to want her sent to a cats home or something?

Luc187 Tue 16-Apr-19 09:41:36

I should also add she has a habit of bringing home beheaded RABBITS. Huge rabbits, with no head.

PlainSpeakingStraightTalking Tue 16-Apr-19 09:41:50

School still out is it?

NoBaggyPants Tue 16-Apr-19 09:42:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

IceRebel Tue 16-Apr-19 09:44:12

You keep saying it's vile. I assume you're talking about your attitude, you're right it's frankly disgusting. angry

If the wee annoys you so much, I wouldn't bother having children. They make far more mess, and have a lot less control over their bodily fluids than an animal.

SingerNamedElephant Tue 16-Apr-19 09:45:12

Power to the pussy!

Weeping here gringringrin

Bluelonerose Tue 16-Apr-19 09:45:26

Try feliway it's supposed to help stressed cats. A collar on with a bell will hopefully cut down on the number of presents.

Be prepared though if my dh gave me a choice of him or my cats. He would NOT win.

StillMedusa Tue 16-Apr-19 09:46:04

He chose the cat before you. You knew he had her then.
Maybe you should have considered that before you moved in with him? Pets are a life time committment.

And hunting is natural.. just get a carrier bag and dispose of the bodies. I've managaed to keep a nice home and several children with several cats.

She knows you hate her though... try being kind, you might find she stops peeing on your stuff!

BoglingToAswad Tue 16-Apr-19 09:46:15

You sound HORRIBLE.

Booboostwo Tue 16-Apr-19 09:46:17

If you don’t like pets the mess they make must be one of the worst aspects of having to live with one, however you are, perhaps, allowing your negative feelings to cloud your judgement a bit.

Your DH got the cat before you lived together and committed to it for the next 20 years. It’s a living being and he cannot rehome it just because you find some of the thing she it does disgusting. That would be irresponsible and cruel, something I am sure you would not want to be and wouldn’t want to teach your future DC is OK to do.

Deal with the issues one at a time:
- inappropriate urinating. Has the cat seen the vet? Se may have a UTI or incontinence, both of which can be treated. Meanwhile close off the bedroom and other rooms she does not need access to. Try different types of litter, different litter trays, more litter trays and Feliway. Clean stains with an enzyme product like Simple Solution.

- vomit on rug. Remove rug. Hard flooring is easier to clean.

- mice. Put a bell on her collar, it will make her a less effective hunter.

Of course since she is your DH’s cat he should clean the urine, vomit, etc, not you.

Sparklingbrook Tue 16-Apr-19 09:47:39

Where is this 'cats' home'? confused

ThatssomebadhatHarry Tue 16-Apr-19 09:47:49

The thing with cat and dog people is they don’t think it’s humanly possible to not be dog and cat people.

Some people see fluffy balls of cuddles others see piss, decapitated woodland creatures and fur....EVERYWHERE!!

Squeegle Tue 16-Apr-19 09:47:59

Haha, if you don’t like kitty, you will have to go. It doesn’t augur well if you and DP can’t agree about a pussy grin

Ithinkmycatisevil Tue 16-Apr-19 09:48:02

You really aren't a cat person are you 😂

I'm sure the cat doesn't like you much either, but it puts up with you, you should show it the same courtesy.

Stefoscope Tue 16-Apr-19 09:48:13

Babies/small children can be pretty disgusting though? Pee, puke, poop, snot, sticky fingers all over.

Luc187 Tue 16-Apr-19 09:49:22

Cat piss is very different to human, so I don’t really see the comparison.

HopefulAgain10 Tue 16-Apr-19 09:49:46

I loathe and detest cats. Yuck , easily the most vile creatures. BUT you knew he had the cat. Theres not much you can do.

Sparklingbrook Tue 16-Apr-19 09:50:22

Some people see fluffy balls of cuddles others see piss, decapitated woodland creatures and fur....EVERYWHERE!!

Then there's the third lot of people who own cats that do none of that, and just own a cat.

finnmcool Tue 16-Apr-19 09:50:53

Get a priest in to exorcise the cat grin

churchthecat Tue 16-Apr-19 09:51:24

I'd get rid of DP before he could make me get rid of my cat.

Luc187 Tue 16-Apr-19 09:51:45

Thank you for the helpful comments, I write this post in anger as the event unfolded. Now with a clearer head - I am still upset about the situation and think some people need to come off their high horses and accept that some people just don’t like animals and yes perhaps I’m one of them. So dealing with this is a very difficult thing for me, for example if you were subjected to living with a pet rat or snake or spider or some other kind of animal that you felt uncomfortable around how would you feel.

ZippyBungleandGeorge Tue 16-Apr-19 09:52:45

So the cat projectile vomits and urinates inside frequently, have you taken it to the vet?

Sakura7 Tue 16-Apr-19 09:52:58

YABVVU.

Maybe try to tackle the problem as per PP's suggestions, rather than wishing the poor cat harm. You have a horrible attitude.

If any partner of mine felt this way about my cat they'd be out the door. Thankfully DP is a like minded animal lover.

Sparklingbrook Tue 16-Apr-19 09:53:13

Presumably your DP does like animals. Maybe this makes you incompatible?

ZippyBungleandGeorge Tue 16-Apr-19 09:53:50

DS is definitely louder and smellier than my cat

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: