Talk

Advanced search

to ask if anyone else has boobs significantly different sizes to each other?

(12 Posts)
carrrla Sat 13-Apr-19 08:52:39

Not talking about half or one size difference. I'm talking about a big, significant difference. Ever since I started breastfeeding, my boobs have been extremely lopsided. I know this is normal but I can't help but feel I'm at the extreme end of the spectrum. I have 4 cup sizes between each boob when before they were pretty much the same size (almost!). I'm feeling pretty down about it. I'm a single mum and would love to meet someone eventually but I'm just so self conscious about this. The difference between them is pretty massive.

Is it normal to have such a huge difference in sizes?

carrrla Sat 13-Apr-19 09:33:14

Anyone?

Rarotonga Sat 13-Apr-19 09:39:34

My little boy has a boob preference and this has resulted in significant changes to that side, it is much bigger than the other sad. I'm living in hope that this will change once bf ends but I may be deluded.

Are you still bf?

carrrla Sat 13-Apr-19 09:42:53

@Rarotonga I think the same has happened to me. I'm desperately trying to express from the other side and I always put my son on that side first but it just never seems to produce enough milk for him. He gets angry after 2 minutes. I'm trying to increase me supply anyway because I want to start expressing so I can leave him with bottles of breast milk. Hopefully this will help!

Rarotonga Sat 13-Apr-19 09:50:25

I think that's a really good idea to put him to that side first and to express on that side.

Do you go to any bf support groups? I went to a la leche league one but never found the courage to raise this.

toucantoo Sat 13-Apr-19 14:26:41

I would persevere with feeding with the lesser breast to reduce the permanent difference.

traveller11 Sat 13-Apr-19 14:42:13

I do, but mine was developed that way. Not due to BF'ing. I have one B and one DD/E

Notmymonkeys Sat 13-Apr-19 14:48:00

For over a year I fed only on one side, and it was significantly larger than the other one. I stopped feeding 2.5 years ago and they are pretty much the same as they were before I had children (well, a bit lower down wink). The only difference I have noticed is that the breast I fed from for longer feels softer. They look the same and are the same size.

AlmostAJillSandwich Sat 13-Apr-19 15:01:40

I have this and symmatia, naturally not from implants or bf.

BigDamnHero Sat 13-Apr-19 15:33:22

It should settle down to normal after you stop BFing (though, I don't know how comforting that if right now).

I seem to remember my first preferred my right, which was annoying as it's naturally larger so it emphasised the difference. But my second preferred my left which meant they were about even.

I haven't BF for a few years now and they're back to their original sizes with the right a bit bigger than the left.

Rarotonga Sat 13-Apr-19 19:26:24

Very reassured to hear they can go back to normal, thank you previous posters!

DramaAlpaca Sat 13-Apr-19 19:29:48

This happened to me when breastfeeding, as DS preferred the right side. I can report that things evened up again, so to speak, shortly after stopping & I am the same size on both sides now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »