Talk

Advanced search

Tinnitus

(2 Posts)
ChipSandwich Sat 13-Apr-19 02:37:02

I've had it for 10+ years
It never goes away. Except when I have 2 large glasses of wine
,Then it disappears completely. This being the case, why is there no medication that will achieve the same result? I don't drink loads in order to get relief from tinnitus. But when I do have the rare few bevvys it's completely gone. Why is there not a wine pill for this?

NotOnTheBench Sat 20-Apr-19 10:07:05

ChipSandwich I feel your pain. The only time I get relief is when I go for a run, when the street/wind noise overrides it.

I woke this morning listening to doors slamming (teen kids); the dog barking in the garden; husband snoring like a drill; tinnitus raging.

I always have TV or radio on to try to mask it.

Do you have a hearing aid / white noise generator? Mine helps at work, but I'm sure it's made my T seem even louder when I don't wear it. I sleep fine as I'm usually exhausted! But I dread waking as I know the T will be waiting for me.

It beggars belief that this is not treated more seriously. I know that I don't suffer as badly as some but it does affect my life as I have to make adjustments in daily life.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »