Talk

Advanced search

To consider hypnotherapy for weight loss?

(13 Posts)
MyHeadIsBursting Fri 12-Apr-19 20:56:40

I’m sick of yo-yo dieting and the terrible relationship I have with food. I wish I could see food as just fuel but I comfort eat, eat to reward myself, eat to celebrate etc.

I’ve been reading about hypnotherapy to establish a healthier relationship with food which would then hopefully lead to weight loss (in the heaviest I’ve ever been at the moment)

Has anyone tried it?

Kenworthington Fri 12-Apr-19 20:58:29

Yup. I w been three times over the past two months and I have lost NOTHING. It just hasn’t worked for me at all. Though I do olmow of many people who have had a lot of success with it

Bunnybaubles Fri 12-Apr-19 20:59:57

I did it too, didn't work

MyHeadIsBursting Fri 12-Apr-19 21:06:05

☹️

PeachyPrincess Fri 12-Apr-19 21:10:04

Someone I know has done well from it - www.instagram.com/p/Bv05lLlFDa5/?igshid=rass9xyc8att

MyHeadIsBursting Fri 12-Apr-19 21:15:57

Thanks Peachy, that’s reassuring 😊

jiggsymalone Fri 12-Apr-19 21:25:37

I'm doing this just now, although it's for weight loss really I want to change my relationship with and attitude to food. It's only been 2 weeks but in that time I've been eating much better and not obsessing over food (and not binging as a result- my biggest issue). I'm just listening to one I found on Spotify so haven't paid anything for it. I actually find it really relaxing, like meditation almost, so it's nice to do. Whether or not it will have a long term impact obviously remains to be seen but I'm enjoying it and have nothing to lose by doing it.

Lemonysherbet Fri 12-Apr-19 21:31:01

Ooh @jiggsymalone what's it called on Spotify?

jiggsymalone Fri 12-Apr-19 21:42:20

It's Gail Borden Weight Loss I listen to but if you search for 'weight loss hypnotherapy' on Spotify loads of different ones come up. I listened to a few different ones until I heard hers and I liked the messages in it so have gone with that and been listening to it every night.

MyKingdomForACaramel Fri 12-Apr-19 21:43:25

I tried hypnosis for smoking cessation - didn’t work and I was actually really strangely upset afterwards

Prisonbreak Fri 12-Apr-19 21:45:19

I wouldn’t rely on hypnotherapy for weight loss. It may change how you feel or think about food but the only thing for weight loss is calorie deficit

SuperSange Sat 13-Apr-19 07:03:39

@Prisonbreak Yes, you're correct, but you'll never achieve a calorie deficit unless you first address the poor eating habits which caused you to put on the weight. Address the issues with binging and the calorie deficit becomes much easier to achieve. It's a different issue entirely.

WhoAteMyNuts Sat 13-Apr-19 07:06:03

Tried it in the past and it didn't work.

I think for me I needed to be at a point where I could adjust my own frame of mind as clearly expecting hypnotherapy to do that for me didn't work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »