Talk

Advanced search

To ask what your weekend is looking like?

(55 Posts)
imalwaysfreezing Fri 12-Apr-19 17:26:11

Usually on a Friday DP & I go out and do something together (usually cinema or dinner kind of thing) this week he's decided he's too tired (fair enough!) so I now have no plans.. it feels strange as we always do something on a Friday!grin

So far I've ordered a new printer (as I'm sick of spending hours writing out things for my studies (that I could just print and highlight!), I need to wash up and cook some dinner & take the dog out around 7.

Saturday we're going to do the food shop (Lidl & Morrisons or Asda most likely!), pick up the printer + ink and most likely go on a dog walk in the woods. Potentially do something in the evening but not likely.

Sunday is usually a lazy day, stay in, clean & walk the dog again.

What an exciting weekend..blush

rosy71 Sat 13-Apr-19 07:04:51

Friday night we went to a quiz night.
Saturday- parkrun & haircut, housework.
Sunday- both boys have football matches then we'll visit my parents.

missteddy Sat 13-Apr-19 06:52:03

Sat morning I'm going to pick up a big maternity body pillow I found on marketplace so that I might actually get some sleep tonight!
Then hopefully doing something with dp as we haven't spent much time together lately.
Tomorrow going to a friends baby shower,

tomhazard Sat 13-Apr-19 06:50:15

My DH is away for work and has been for a week so far, so another day of me and the little DC! I expect we will go swimming this morning, then grab the scooters and go to the park. I have a friend coming over for a drink this evening. Tomorrow I have no idea. It's stretching ahead a bit with no one to share it and not much dosh

whatkindofspring Sat 13-Apr-19 06:44:51

I'm 39 weeks and desperately wanting labour to start NOW.

Been up since 4 because I just can't get comfy anymore and now my 2 year old is up.

Husband will be off to work soon until 10pm so I predict a pretty lazy day...unless baby comes of course!

echt Sat 13-Apr-19 06:23:58

Being in Australia, I'm one day ahead so full of the practicalities of arranging tradie quotes for work on the house, and the packing for a short break in the country.

bloodywhitecat Sat 13-Apr-19 06:19:28

Just about to finish a waking night shift then it's home to DP who is driving us to London to visit his daughter, I hope to get to bed by about 9pm tonight. Tomorrow we probably need to do the weekly shop.

speakout Sat 13-Apr-19 06:17:02

I take it you have no kids OP?

Many of us with children look for down time.

I will be up soon and have some packing ebay stuff to do before going to the post office.
OH and I will go for breakfast somewhere and some food shopping then get back to make lunch for family members.
More work for me then OH will pick up DD from University flat and bring her home. Chinese takeaway for dinner.
I will go to the gym at 9am tomorrow morning and OH will cook a Sunday lunch ( I refuse to cook at weekends)
Hopefully will have some time to dig up a patch of ground and put in some plants.
Quiet weekends are the best.

Bunnybigears Sat 13-Apr-19 06:11:35

Saturday: up all ready for DS2s swimming which starts at 6:30 then after simming he has hockey practice. DS1 is being ball boy for the local Premiership team this afternoon.

Sunday: DS2 at a rughy tournament then hopefully nothing happening in the afternoon so I can actually do some housework.

barryfromclareisfit Sat 13-Apr-19 06:05:53

Weekend not looking great. Started throwing up at 17.30 yesterday and don’t think it’s over yet. At dd’s house, was supposed to go home last night and come back tomorrow. Will be needed again on Monday as holiday childcare. I need to get well!

sweepsweep Sat 13-Apr-19 05:31:29

Friday night had slow cooker chicken satay and an early night. Saturday- taking cat to the vets, taking Ds(2) to family Easter fun day in town, Dfil and Dsmil coming for coffee in the afternoon. Sunday Ds going swimming with Dh and Dc2 due date, so potentially having a baby!

Decormad38 Sat 13-Apr-19 05:09:05

Last night pub with friend and pub meal. Today shopping with dd (13). Tonight chill watch past episodes got. Tomorrow dd (19) ( moved out to uni) coming for Sunday lunch.

AvengersAssemble Sat 13-Apr-19 04:32:55

In preparation for Avengers End Game my kids and i are having a Marvel Marathon tomorrow. As if my 7 year old is not hyped enough!

IAmAPersonToo Sat 13-Apr-19 04:29:19

And just to add I cannot WAIT until the football season ends!

Just two more weekends to go then a lovely break and no more footie matches on Sat and Sun mornings 🙌🏻

IAmAPersonToo Sat 13-Apr-19 04:26:34

Football match with ds1 Sat morning then two oldest dc have an Easter craft/youth club thing at the local church in the afternoon. Cleaning and takeaway.

Sunday - football with ds2 in the morning. Then a nice long walk along the coast with dh and dc and Home for a roast.

Robin2323 Sat 13-Apr-19 04:18:14

Saturday Paint the far end of the kitchen where we took the old units out last weekend, ready fir the new kitchen coming on Monday!
Do the washing and clean the house.
Pop to the shops for something for tea but not a full
Shop as I've not any kitchen cupboards at the moment.
Sunday probably mow the lawn and tidy the garden.

Bbang Fri 12-Apr-19 19:20:45

Nothing tonight, just put the kids to bed so will probably order a takeaway and watch some Netflix. Zoo trip with the kids tomorrow which should be fun, mums popping in for a coffee Sunday and I’ll just do the food shop and uniform wash ready for school etc. Quiet weekend here too, going out for a meal/drink and cinema with the OH next weekend which should be fun.

Stravapalava Fri 12-Apr-19 19:06:48

Busy!

DD has a friend over, who will be going home in a minute.

Tomorrow I have a work event, DH is off to a sporting event with his Dad. DC are off to the other grandparents.

Sunday we are going out for lunch for my Dbro's birthday, then I'm going to work and DH and the DC are going to the cinema.

Good job it's the school holidays and we can have a lazy day on Monday!

Slazengerbag Fri 12-Apr-19 19:03:55

We had a new fence fitted today. Tomorrow we are tidying the garden and doing tip runs. Ds1 is working and the other 2 are going to paint the shed for me.

Tomorrow night I am going out with my closest friends for dinner. We chat on WhatsApp daily but the last 8 weeks or so we just haven’t all been together due to illnesses and overtime. I’m really looking forward to it.

Sunday is another sorting out day. I’m trying to get everything organised and sorted for when I go back to work so I’m not spending my days off running around cleaning and trying to organise stuff.

Littlechocola Fri 12-Apr-19 19:03:43

Busy.
Out for dinner tonight and away tomorrow/Sunday.

MyGastIsFlabbered Fri 12-Apr-19 19:02:00

My boyfriend is coming over tonight. It's still a new relationship so I'm super excited to see him. Tomorrow morning I'm working (I volunteer in a charity shop) then we're going back to his. Sunday it's my mum's birthday so we're all going out to lunch.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Fri 12-Apr-19 18:57:55

My sons have both gone to Scout camp so I will have a peaceful, non-combative weekend. With sleep, and the same amount of food in the house as I expect...

Dumplingfan Fri 12-Apr-19 18:53:31

Quiz tonight with friends. Gym in morning. Then watch Say Yes To The Dress all afternoon... blushMake myself something nice for tea. Sunday work and wait for kids to come back.

MinnieMountain Fri 12-Apr-19 18:39:04

DH has a local hockey tournament all weekend. He's having his team over for a BBQ tomorrow evening.

DS and I will spend tomorrow at the local historic house. Sunday we'll potter at home.
I've got a job application to finish off by Sunday.

SimonJT Fri 12-Apr-19 18:36:14

Friday we watch a film until bedtime, the little one is choosing between the lion king and the fox and the hound. Once he is in bed it will be beer o’clock.

Tomorrow we are meeting my friends baby, I’m not sure how my son will react to baby Daphne, I don’t think he has met a baby before. They’re coming here as I’m attempting (and generally failing) toilet training.

In the afternoon my son and I are making playdough.

No plans yet for sunday

beela Fri 12-Apr-19 18:32:04

Hoping to get the dc into bed at a sensible time and then watch a film with dh tonight.

Tomorrow - swimming lessons, lego club, Easter egg hunting, cake eating. Tidying and washing. We'll probably watch the end of tonight's film tomorrow night as we are bound to fall asleep before the end.

Sunday - we've got a plan to meet friends at soft play in the morning (luckily dc are old enough to go off and play while we drink tea), maybe national trust or park in the afternoon depending on the weather.

I also want to squeeze a run in at some point. And book a holiday.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »