Talk

Advanced search

To be doing absolutely nothing

(48 Posts)
OldGrinch Fri 12-Apr-19 13:53:57

I am sat in my dressing gown with this in my lap. Nice cup of tea and Mumsnet. Both DC teenage and gave not emerged for hours. AIBU to just stay here?brew

Lobsterquadrille2 Fri 12-Apr-19 16:26:43

I've been out until now but with DM on a Baltic cruise and DD at university, it's the cat and me. Doing nothing.

ScreamingValenta Fri 12-Apr-19 16:26:10

What lovely kits on this thread!

YouTheCat Fri 12-Apr-19 16:25:02

Daisy smiles at the blessed.

YouTheCat Fri 12-Apr-19 16:24:02

Mine is still ignoring me. She did meow about 20 minutes ago but that was a 'when is dp coming home?' meow. She is sitting in his seat, waiting for him.

I was going to make some biscuits but the butter is too cold for creaming. Oh well.

Tumbleweed101 Fri 12-Apr-19 16:23:33

Nice quiet day as dc are at their Dad’s for the afternoon. Snuggled with a puppy rather than a cat smile.

OldGrinch Fri 12-Apr-19 16:15:08

Ahhhhh more of those gorgeous pussycats please! Mines been doing that paw kneading thing of utter contentment

LurpakIsTheOnlyButter Fri 12-Apr-19 15:48:29

I've done bugger all today. But I've worked my ass off all week and I don't caregrin

MrsMozartMkII Fri 12-Apr-19 15:46:43

I am now lazing on a bed doing boball, other than mooch about on here.

Am considering asking DH to bring me tea and toast.

It is the life of the laze that I look to.

grin

thecatsthecats Fri 12-Apr-19 15:36:53

Ugh, don't.

I have been away from home for the last four weekends, and am away for the next bastarding two as well.

I just want to snuggle my furbabies.

(and if anyone objects to that term, YOU can tell my cats that I'm not cradling them in my arms any more, and they aren't allowed kitty milk)

LadyMonicaBaddingham Fri 12-Apr-19 15:36:20

I've just broken up for Easter holidays and my DC are off to Scout camp for a week this evening. I'm already planning my pyjama day...

Charley50 Fri 12-Apr-19 15:34:39

Yep teenage years are brilliant! My DS is lovely and wants nothing to do with me apart from the odd meal made. He's so easy. Doesn't even need lifts. It's so freeing... (not so much the needs of my elderly mum but I have my boundaries).

EleanorAbernathy Fri 12-Apr-19 15:32:57

My cats didn't post! Trying again (and I bet you'll get them twice now)...

EleanorAbernathy Fri 12-Apr-19 15:31:03

I've only just got out of bed from underneath these two! My excuse is that I was on a night shift last night. grin

ItsInTheSpoon Fri 12-Apr-19 15:27:59

Terrier asleep on my lap here 😊

Pinotjo Fri 12-Apr-19 15:25:32

This is my favourite time of the week, finished work, shopping done now I'm sat in my armchair relaxing before the mayhem of the weekend starts, enjoy

VioletCharlotte Fri 12-Apr-19 15:21:59

School holidays are great when you have teenagers aren't they? They don't get up so you can have a lovely lie in and house to yourself all morning. They don't want to spend time with you, so you're free to go off for coffee with friends or shopping without them. No going to boring soft play, farm parks or other such activities to keep them entertained. No feeling guilt for not doing crafts or baking with them. I love it!

DontCallMeShitley Fri 12-Apr-19 15:17:28

Pussy

ListenLinda Fri 12-Apr-19 15:13:05

If you are then i am too grin

37 weeks pregnant, DH has taken DD to the park and I aren’t moving until she comes back. Enjoying the peace and quiet grin

DontCallMeShitley Fri 12-Apr-19 15:11:24

I also have a ginger pussy. With white bits.

I am also not dressed.

Nuttyaboutnutella Fri 12-Apr-19 15:09:28

I'm lying in bed at 3pm!! In my defense, the toddler is napping, we had a shitty day yesterday (overtired from refusing to nap!!), I'm 34 weeks pregnant and having lots of BH today so resting at the moment.

bakebakebake Fri 12-Apr-19 15:07:14

Currently spawled on the sofa with DS1 asleep under a Christmas blanket in pur pjs - he's teething and has a cough so not much sleep last night!

DC 5 and 7 are QUIETLY playing Crash Bandicoot.

DD5 is happily being "my helper" and bringing me food haha!!

JeffreyBeaver Fri 12-Apr-19 15:04:27

We've got s couch each

TheQueef Fri 12-Apr-19 15:02:18

I'm planning a recce to the kitchen, see what I've got that can be a bed picnic.

Greatbigterribleshart Fri 12-Apr-19 15:00:03

Pretty sure it's illegal to remove a sleeping cat from your lap anyway. You're stuck there for a while I'm afraid, may as well make the best of it!

LakieLady Fri 12-Apr-19 14:58:57

In case of confusion, it's the dog that's snoring, not my bum.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »