Talk

Advanced search

To think this is not a brand that "empowers women" with messages like this

(35 Posts)
GunpowderGelatine Fri 12-Apr-19 00:42:10

An acquaintance who is Tropic "ambassador" (translation: sales bot) has just posted this sexist bullshit on her Facebook page - it's meant to be a brand that "empowers women" - please help me think about clever replies (or shall I just comment "fuck off"?):

#Attention all males!!#

So if your Mrs is out like me she will say oh don't bother with an Easter Egg for me babe i'm on a diet......

1. In the back of her mind she knows if she got one she would eat it in a oner and then feel guilty cause the holiday is looming 👙 &

2. It's a Test!! "Don't get me out I'm not bothered" actually means you better bloody had mr!

So why not totally surprise her and buy something amazing from Tropic that's not gonna cause a meltdown. It will last way longer than that easter egg will believe me! 😂

Message me for some ideas that aren't gonna break the bank.

Cranky17 Fri 12-Apr-19 00:54:37

I think fuck of is fine

AssassinatedBeauty Fri 12-Apr-19 00:57:53

What does "out like me" mean? Does she mean "owt" as in "anything"?

Don't reply, just unfollow and ignore it. There'll be no point trying to point out the hideousness of what she's written.

GunpowderGelatine Fri 12-Apr-19 00:59:54

I think so assasinated.

It's just such depressing regressive bullshit that women lie about wanting nothing (whilst always obsessing over how not to get fat hmm) then throw tantrums if they don't get presents. No women are like this!!! But it's ok, BotFace is here with some overpriced tat to make it all better 🙄

RubberTreePlant Fri 12-Apr-19 01:01:45

WTF is tropic anyway? More aloe Vera gubbins?

Drogosnextwife Fri 12-Apr-19 01:02:10

Just "really?" Or "seriously?", But "fuck off" is good too.

RubberTreePlant Fri 12-Apr-19 01:03:35

The last people I heard refer to wives as "Mrs" were in the deepest, darkest east end, 25 years ago.

GunpowderGelatine Fri 12-Apr-19 01:04:54

@RubberTreePlant it as a MLM natural beauty products, "no chemical nasties", "changes your skin forever" "changes your life" and I think the products do tour ironing too grin in a nutshell - beauty and make up stuff at premium prices (the night cream is £42 shock) but without the brand establishment or credibility that it's competitors have

Klopptimist Fri 12-Apr-19 01:05:53

if your Mrs is out like me

Tell her you didn't realise she'd been exploring her sexuality.

RubberTreePlant Fri 12-Apr-19 01:07:59

* Tell her you didn't realise she'd been exploring her sexuality.*

grin

Klopptimist Fri 12-Apr-19 01:13:28

Ask her if they use palm oil and watch her squirm!

AlrightBabby Fri 12-Apr-19 01:26:17

tell her that the 1950s called, they are missing her

or just tell her to fuck off!

LilQueenie Fri 12-Apr-19 01:52:49

I'd rather the egg. Bits usually end up smeared over my face anyway. win win right?

LilQueenie Fri 12-Apr-19 01:59:41

I had a look at their fb page.I found the following

Nature Identical' means that some of our nutritious ingredients have been created to be identical to their natural counterparts.

created to be identical... so artificial then. confused

PregnantSea Fri 12-Apr-19 02:12:44

People say all sorts of stupid things to try and sell stuff, just ignore her

Jasmin82 Fri 12-Apr-19 02:25:10

Ask her is there's any Hydronium Hydroxide in the products as it's a really bad chemical that you're trying to avoid. It's pretty near impossible for the majority of the products to not contain any, so her response should be entertaining.

polarpig Fri 12-Apr-19 03:02:42

You can also explain that you are avoiding dihydrogen monoxide and is there proof that this ingredient in their product is safe as you've read it's very dangerous.

Mousetolioness Fri 12-Apr-19 04:33:42

"So if your Mrs is out like me she will say oh don't bother with an Easter Egg for me babe i'm on a diet......"

More cheese, anyone?

Ask her if she had a 'coming out' party?

Shoxfordian Fri 12-Apr-19 07:00:40

If she's out where? What? Chocolate good

Siameasy Fri 12-Apr-19 07:07:04

Use the ha ha reaction button on FB
That kind of blurb sounds really basic but they think it sounds cool and professional 😂

RuggyPeg Fri 12-Apr-19 07:15:30

You can't argue with stupid. Don't get sucked in. Just unfollow and block.

AlaskanOilBaron Fri 12-Apr-19 07:16:57

Everyone's in the business of empowering women these days, it seems.

I feel like a grumpy old woman most of the time because it's so stupid.

UnmentionedElephantDildo Fri 12-Apr-19 07:37:26

Tropic is the one whose founder then went on the Apprentice. The range is cruelty-free (PETA and vegan approved, which does tend to mean some ingredients are 'identical' as no animal-derived products are used)

I'm not a fan of this company btw - my limit for tolerance of MLM stops with Avon, and I think the sort of stereotyped claptrap quoted in the OP is appalling. I just wanted to highlight why bio-identical ingredients can be a good thing.

Ranges which are SLS free are low/no palm oil.

RabbityMcRabbit Fri 12-Apr-19 08:08:54

Bloody MLMs!

Likethebattle Fri 12-Apr-19 08:19:36

I have a bot on my newsfeed. First it was smelly candle that cost a fortune I can get nicer things cheaper. Then it was the body shop, I walk past two of them every day so I can just walk in and buy anything rather than send her an order and wait a week. Now it’s one of those vague ones with some chemical weight loss shite.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: