Talk

Advanced search

To give it another three years

(9 Posts)
ooft Thu 11-Apr-19 22:04:20

Nc for this. Seven years married - it's shit - sometimes it's ok but we've only had sex once in the last year, I can't speak to him without an argument starting and tonight I was told to fuck off in an ice cream shop in front of my children. I am tied in financially at the moment so can't leave and I'm clinging on to hope it might get better when children are older. Is it bad to start a plan to leave or make a decision three years from now? He does lots round the house and I get plenty free time

EKGEMS Thu 11-Apr-19 22:52:40

On the flip side what if he gets worse? If he is bold enough in public to be so disrespectful to you his spouse and mother of his children what else will he feel emboldened to do?

Singlenotsingle Thu 11-Apr-19 22:56:06

You need to have a conversation and ask what's wrong. Life shouldn't be this hard. Can you live like this for another 3 years,?

ooft Fri 12-Apr-19 11:17:49

I have had a million conversations with him, one just two days ago

redexpat Fri 12-Apr-19 11:57:02

I like plans. Plans are good. But 3 years is quite a long time. Could you bring it forward?

krustykittens Fri 12-Apr-19 12:03:41

Start your plan to leave. It shouldn't be this hard. Sorry.

Elephantbiscuit Fri 12-Apr-19 13:01:35

Start planning to leave. Its not fair or healthy for you or your DCs having to live in this environment.

Horsemenoftheaclopalypse Fri 12-Apr-19 13:10:23

3 years is a long time.

But a plan is no bad thing.

Yanbu... look after yourself and your kids.

ooft Fri 12-Apr-19 19:20:40

I know it's a long time but I feel the dc will be older by then and I can see if it's just the stage in life we are at just now or if it's the marriage itself, though I've a strong feeling it's the marriage. Also then I can say I've honestly tried my hardest for ten years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »