Talk

Advanced search

Nasty comments

(21 Posts)
cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:32:27

If you got in to a fight with your childrens father (letting them down) and the his gf pipes up calling you all sorts (ugly) and saying a load of crap she's obviously been given by the ex.
What would that say about them

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:33:51

He's very guilty so doing the blame game and trying to make me look the bad one, but what's she got to do with it 😡 sorry even if no advice think I just need a bloody hug x

ScreamingValenta Thu 11-Apr-19 16:33:53

They're full of aggression and drama.

HBStowe Thu 11-Apr-19 16:33:57

They’re arseholes

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:34:28

@ScreamingValenta actually posted it al on social media too I was sent screen shots

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:34:48

@HBStowe haha that's what they are indeed😂

ThisMustBeMyDream Thu 11-Apr-19 16:35:21

Depends what you meant by getting in to a fight?

ScreamingValenta Thu 11-Apr-19 16:35:57

Yes, they're creating a scene and making you the victim of their dramas.

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:36:42

@ThisMustBeMyDream sorry not an actual fight but asking why he hasn't made an effort and then blamed and asking why he's not paid maintenance and saying cause he doesn't have too !

SapphireSeptember Thu 11-Apr-19 16:38:09

Ignore the fuck out of them, that'll annoy them more than anything else. They're still arseholes, but engage what I call 'Ice Queen mode.' Ignore them except for the most basic of interactions and then be as polite as possible. Take on a bored tone of voice. Pretend you're wearing a crown and hold your head up.

LordVoldetort Thu 11-Apr-19 16:38:37

The girlfriend would have been told all sorts by him about you. People like this manage to convince the people in their circle that it’s all ex fault and that ex is crazy.
People like him are not worth the time/effort. The more he lets your kids down the quicker they will get him out of their lives. It’s not ideal obviously but from someone who has a dad like this my life is better without him

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:38:56

They way he spoke about me was disgusting who calls the mother of their child an ugly fucker ? It's left me feeling really low this week tbh

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:40:07

@SapphireSeptember thanks great advice, I haven't reacted since I spoke to him last she posted the BS afterwards and I have just left it's not me to argue and I'm an adult xx

SapphireSeptember Thu 11-Apr-19 16:40:21

Oh, and he definitely has to pay maintenance, the lying git.

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:41:36

@LordVoldetort yep! This is what gets me through the day tbh I hate them being around him he's not a nice person and has no friends for someone his age which is a red flag x I have brought them up to be the best they can and he can't take any credit.. which I bet he bloody does

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:42:04

Tell me about it, he's deluded

SapphireSeptember Thu 11-Apr-19 16:44:29

Excellent OP! Just let them dig their own graves, they're the ones who'll look bad.

Re the 'ugly fucker' comment, he's projecting. Even if he's alright to look at it's a clear indication that he has an ugly little soul.

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 16:45:52

Yes it does scream volumes doesn't it, just affects me the comments but he knows I'm very self critical so he's playing on it, but her calling me it just looks odd

AFOLNerd Thu 11-Apr-19 17:19:18

It’s pathetic isn’t it. My ex and his wife do the same.
She once phoned me to tell me that what he did to me wasn’t assault it was normal banter that happens in all relationships!
Funny the police didn’t agree with her.

I’m now 8 years on and the comments don’t affect me anymore. I know it’s hard but try and ignore their crap and focus on being happy with your little one. Because that will piss them off even more.

cantsleep1 Thu 11-Apr-19 17:22:48

Thank you @AFOLNerd yes I have ignored and blocked number so his only form of contact would be email. Il toughen up and he's just bitter I ended it years ago and I'm happy coming up to 5 years with my partner who's amazing and supportive with the kids x
She wouldn't like to know that things he was texting me when he got with her but I'm not that childish il just sit back and ignore x

cantsleep1 Fri 12-Apr-19 12:09:07

Thanks for the tips x feel better today

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »