Talk

Advanced search

to feel I have been unduly affected by Fleabag

(7 Posts)
difficult2ndalbum Thu 11-Apr-19 14:02:25

Honestly, I feel like I need a helpline or something.

It seems to have brought up so much stuff! I can't seem to stop thinking about it.

I feel like an idiot!

Anyone else?

Lottapianos Thu 11-Apr-19 14:05:11

What sort of stuff has it brought up for you? Don't feel like an idiot, all sorts of things can trigger feelings, and it was a very emotional and dark program

difficult2ndalbum Thu 11-Apr-19 14:09:34

Everything.

Both my parents have died, I have a sister I no longer speak to.

I've been married for a long time and, although my husband isn't Martin, it's not terribly rosy at the moment.

And then there's the priest....

All in all, maybe I'm just not sure there's anyone who would run through an airport for me, and that makes me very sad.

BlackPrism Thu 11-Apr-19 14:12:52

That line got to me too OP, my sisters a bit of a mess and I look at her and just wish she was S2 Fleabag rather than S1. It's a very emotive show

Cornettoninja Thu 11-Apr-19 14:14:07

All in all, maybe I'm just not sure there's anyone who would run through an airport for me, and that makes me very sad

I haven’t seen fleabag but that struck a chord and brought a lump to my throat.

It’s so very hard knowing that there’s no one on your side for the stuff that really matters. I’m in a very similar scenario and it’s practically impossible to convey to someone who hasn’t experienced it.

Have a wallow for a bit and then make sure you do something just for you. flowers

difficult2ndalbum Thu 11-Apr-19 14:39:53

Thank you.

Yes, need to focus on something else.

DH watched it with me and really enjoyed it, but not sure he really understood why I got upset.

Lottapianos Thu 11-Apr-19 16:23:30

'All in all, maybe I'm just not sure there's anyone who would run through an airport for me'

That was a very lovely line. I can relate to what you say OP. I have a very distant relationship with most of my family and I often feel lonely and isolated, despite having friends and a wonderful partner. All sorts of things can trigger these feelings for me. I had a good sob at Fleabag myself this week!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: