Talk

Advanced search

To ask if this is normal.....

(9 Posts)
SpeedyBojangles Thu 11-Apr-19 12:42:53

Sorry to post in AIBU but just looking for quick opinions. Just been to the dentist for a filling. All fairly routine, except my lip now looks like this. I've had a filling before and this didn't happen. Is this normal or should I be worried? Anyone else had it?

managedmis Thu 11-Apr-19 12:44:25

Doubt this is normal

Galaxy88 Thu 11-Apr-19 12:44:40

I'm guessing you've had local anaesthetic OP? If so, I've never had this happen and would wait a few hours. When I've been they've normally advised around 4-6 hours for things to settle

SpeedyBojangles Thu 11-Apr-19 12:45:25

Yes I had a local anaesthetic.

noyoucantgoontheps4 Thu 11-Apr-19 12:48:44

It doesn’t look normal to me, you should call your dental surgery and explain what’s happening.

LuxLucetInTenebris Thu 11-Apr-19 12:54:50

Usually my lip feels numb for a while after but doesn't actually LOOK any different. I'd contact the dentist and seek advice.

Mrsmorton Thu 11-Apr-19 12:55:55

Where did you have the filling? (Where in your mouth, not which town?) has the numbness worn off yet?

SpeedyBojangles Thu 11-Apr-19 12:59:44

Just waiting for him to call me back.

It was the middle of my mouth, so quite near to my lip.

It has calmed down a bit now so in less of a panic. It did look shocking though!

Mrsmorton Thu 11-Apr-19 13:14:42

Might be the vasoconstrictor that most local anaesthetics have in them causing blanching. Not enough information to say really. It should wear off as the anaesthetic does.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »