Talk

Advanced search

FaceTiming in public

(7 Posts)
avocuddl Thu 11-Apr-19 09:04:41

What are your thoughts? This really annoys me.

Fine with headphones because I can't hear the other person so it's just like a call but I'm sat in Costa watching some person halfway across the world with terrible sound quality and I'm just trying to enjoy a nice cup of coffee!

Sexnotgender Thu 11-Apr-19 09:06:58

YANBU!

It’s weirdly so much louder than just people talking.

DH and I went to a teeny tiny restaurant for a nice meal a while back and the table next to us FaceTimed family during it and all sang happy birthday together! Was ridiculous.

notacooldad Thu 11-Apr-19 09:09:03

I find it annoying g when someone facetimes a gig using an ipad and they are stood in front of you!!!

LividLaughLove Thu 11-Apr-19 09:09:54

I have a winner.

The couple next to me in the EPU waiting room while I was having a miscarriage loudly FaceTiming family back home. 🤬

Order654 Thu 11-Apr-19 09:14:21

Don’t see a problem with it personally

TakeMe2Insanity Thu 11-Apr-19 09:43:18

It’s horrible. I can cope if they have headphones but more often it’s without and people don’t think it’s odd. The cult of self worship.

Candleglow7475 Thu 11-Apr-19 09:46:43

I find it very selfish behaviour, and people who do this must be very inconsiderate.
There’s a woman at work who has long convoluted phone calls in the toilet at work and it’s just so intrusive, it’s on the same scale as that imo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »