Talk

Advanced search

Help me with a family competition.

(2 Posts)
GirlcalledJack Wed 10-Apr-19 20:53:50

Not really an AIBU but I need some MN help and this is the only section I use. grin

So my family and I are doing a competition between us. We each have £10 as a starting float and a month to make as much money from the starting £10 as possible. The winner gets all of the money earned. (There is only 5 of us doing it so probably not going to be millions!)

Can any of you give me some suggestions?

So far I have thought about buying some bits from eBay and reselling them and maybe a trip to the charity shop for some brand named clothes but quite honestly I’m not sure that’s going to cut it!

I can’t do anything too time consuming as I have animals, job, family, etc etc and I’m middling intelligence so I’m not going to be able to work out a complicated mathematical betting system.

I’m hoping you might give me some amazing ideas as my DH is already gloating that he is bound to win 🙄

Please help me out MN’ers!

PomBearWithAnOFRS Wed 10-Apr-19 21:08:14

Does that spread betting thing pay off quickly? I've seen it mentioned on here several times as a way to make money. Might be worth looking at...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »