Talk

Advanced search

To think I can make a 8ft trampoline work!?

(7 Posts)
sleepysaurus14 Wed 10-Apr-19 20:43:45

So I have dcs 3 and 6, a small garden and limited funds. Trying to choose between an 8ft or 10ft. 8ft would probably need replacing in a couple of years but would still give space to run around in the garden. A 10ft is obv going to last longer but would take virtually the whole garden and is double the price! AIBU to think an 8ft would be ok in these circumstances or should I just bit the bullet and get the bigger one?

BooksAreMyOnlyFriends Wed 10-Apr-19 20:47:25

8ft did ours well until young teens. We had the same one for about 6 years. They just went on one at a time - which they should do anyway. We had to replace the net every couple of years or so.

Lougle Wed 10-Apr-19 20:57:44

You should have plenty of source around a trampoline, even with a net on. Get the 8ft one.

DH dug our 10ft one into the ground so that it didn't dominate. Just some chicken wire and weed control fabric around the legs, then dropped it into the hole and back-filled the hole to make sure there weren't any gaps for legs to get caught in. It's lasted years.

CupcakeDrama Thu 11-Apr-19 13:17:44

10ft shouldnt be double the price. where are you looking?? I am going to get an 8 ft with kids 5,7 and 8 because the lay out of our garden although its average size, not small it can only go on the grass not patio so only 8 ft will work.

AFOLNerd Thu 11-Apr-19 13:59:55

We have an 8 foot tp one which is about 10 years old. It has had a few replacement parts over the years (net, mat and padding) but the frame is still like new. My oldest is now 15 and 5’9” and still uses it no problem.

FiveLittlePigs Thu 11-Apr-19 14:03:46

Make sure that you have the safety netting around it, whichever you decide. Trampoline injuries can be life-changing.

DinosApple Thu 11-Apr-19 14:55:52

We went for an 8 ft and I'm really glad we did. There's still space for running around and to hang the washing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: