Talk

Advanced search

to think that Macron won't scupper the whole deal?

(12 Posts)
Apoiads Wed 10-Apr-19 19:36:03

Is he the one who could lead to a no deal Brexit?

Or will there be a long extension?

Apoiads Wed 10-Apr-19 19:53:29

From reporting he seems to be the only one not willing, but they need a consensus. Do you think he can be convinced to allow the extension or 'Mais Non!!!'

Teddybear45 Wed 10-Apr-19 19:56:51

No Deal isn’t beneficial for anyone in Europe but least of all France. This is just political posturing. I expect all European countries to support May in an extension.

Apoiads Wed 10-Apr-19 19:58:28

But she wants June 30 and they want longer. Macron doesn't seem to want that at all.

HelenaDove Wed 10-Apr-19 19:59:53

The misogynistic comments from Fox about Macrons wife wont have helped.

How unprofessional

Apoiads Wed 10-Apr-19 20:01:19

Oh, didn't hear that. What was that?

Apoiads Wed 10-Apr-19 22:09:46

They are to be talking until 3am!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS

Ok, I know, It's a massive decision.

Walkingdeadfangirl Wed 10-Apr-19 22:39:29

Of course he won't, he is just playing the role of 'bad cop' in this bit of theatre to force the UK to stay in the EU and to make an example of us so no other EU country dares to challenge their supremacy.

I expect TM will be suitably humiliated before she is forced to accept what ever dregs they decide to serve her.

We need a new leader to stand up to these EU bullies.

Apoiads Wed 10-Apr-19 22:47:13

I have my suspicions that he's not the only leader who will try to veto an extension, but that's just a suspicion. Apparently they've all had their speak now, they're taking a break, and then they'll go back in to try to negotiate something.

VladmirsPoutine Wed 10-Apr-19 22:51:03

She'll get her extension. A lot of this is politicking. So much for taking back control. We're the laughing stock of not only our neighbours but also on the international stage.

banana64 Wed 10-Apr-19 22:52:14

Eu bullies?
Oh dear lord this drivel continues.

Apoiads Wed 10-Apr-19 22:52:39

I know Ireland, Lux, Belgium Germany Spain, Portugal , Austria will definitely agree to the extension.

The two countries I'm worried about are Italy and Hungary. The only thing is that Italy will do the opposite of France, so if Macron disagrees, Italy will agree. Hungary though is the dark horse imo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »