Talk

Advanced search

To ask for second opinions on my house

(72 Posts)
StylishMummy Wed 10-Apr-19 19:17:05

Lutterworth Road, Attleborough, Nuneaton
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70481371.html

A second thread to keep up with all the improvements going on.

Thank you to everyone from the first thread who helped, I've just emailed the following photos to the estate agents to replace the terrible EA ones

Ifeelbloodyawful Thu 09-May-19 16:50:46

Sold STC - well done OP!

Have you found somewhere to buy?

ctrlalt Fri 03-May-19 01:54:09

How's it going now? Any offers?

JessieMcJessie Sat 27-Apr-19 12:01:46

Good luck, offer is encouraging even if not immediately proceedable, hope you get it sold soon after all your hard work.

brizzlemint Sat 20-Apr-19 21:13:34

I wouldn't have been to look at it before but I would now. Good job OP.

yumyumpoppycat Sat 20-Apr-19 21:08:54

well done op! Your house is transformed - I thought it was a waste to make changes without doing the front but the internal stuff has made a big difference. New pic of master bedroom is sooo much better.

ItsThisOneThing Thu 18-Apr-19 08:56:27

Brilliant!! Fingers crossed for you 😁

elasticfantastic Tue 16-Apr-19 21:20:43

Whoop whoop! 👍👍👍😁

Flaverings Tue 16-Apr-19 20:37:58

Congratulations!

Contraceptionismyfriend Tue 16-Apr-19 17:00:20

That's amazing! Well done OP!

Wavey123 Tue 16-Apr-19 13:38:08

Congrats on the offer! Have you found a new house to move into yet?

StylishMummy Tue 16-Apr-19 13:10:18

UPDATE

so we've had an offer but the buyers aren't 'proceedable', so still on the market, still doing works to improve the place and have added photos of the 3rd room

Fingers crossed we get an offer to go ASAP

noseoftralee Sat 13-Apr-19 10:31:56

You need a new agent. Yours are not doing your property justice. You’ve done a great job improving and getting it ready

driftingcloud Fri 12-Apr-19 20:41:31

Well done it looks so much better! Especially the conservatory

faeveren Fri 12-Apr-19 20:38:03

I agree your EA needs to work harder for you, new photos, better angles, living room with the table removed, new or no virtual tour. You have worked so hard s/he has to step up.

You’ve inspired me to spruce my home up, I’m not selling but a bit of a refresh won’t go amiss.

yumyumpoppycat Thu 11-Apr-19 16:43:42

If the estate agents do take more photos it might be worth another one of the master bed room with a new/ un-patterned duvet.

SequinsDress Thu 11-Apr-19 15:56:31

Good luck OP. I agree with PP that the listing still isn't great and the photos could still be improved (less clutter, bed made properly, photographs of missing rooms, move coffee table (is same coffee table in living room and conservatory?)). A good photographer should be asking you to do this when they are working anyway. Are you sure you don't want to try a better estate agent?

thecatsthecats Thu 11-Apr-19 13:14:03

By the way OP - full full marks for coming back!

There was a similar thread a while ago where the lady in question didn't like the (much gentler) comments she received (v old fashioned house).

She came back after being told that her house was really rather dated to claim that a buyer had arrived THAT MINUTE, and offered FULL ASKING (all within two hours of asking why her house was hanging around on the market and being told relatively nicely that it was expensive for the area and outdated). Then flounced out of the thread after making up some more answers.

IHateUncleJamie Thu 11-Apr-19 13:03:51

Much better, @StylishMummy

Conservatory looks a million times better.
Front room as dining room is great.

As a habitual online house browser, I’d suggest:

-Remove Virtual Tour, it’s doing you no favours.
-New photo of sitting room without coffee table in front of the fire.
-New photo of bedroom with duvet smoothed properly and blinds open.
-New photos of garden/decking without all the clutter.
-As nice a photo as possible of the missing rooms (utility and 3rd bedroom).
-Photos with ALL blinds open. Closed blinds = something to hide.

If you do all that and it still isn’t selling, you really are going to have to consider marketing it as a 2 bed plus dressing room.

Good luck! Getting there now! flowers

shakenfizzydrink Thu 11-Apr-19 12:25:33

I would use the photos of the kitchen from the original listing. It looks quite modern in the originals, I don't think the agent has taken great photos.

bluegreygreen Thu 11-Apr-19 11:44:58

Looks much better and I'm glad you're now getting viewings (read most of your intial thread but can't remember if I commented)

However
- tour still shows old conservatory floor/layout
- coffee table is still in front of fire (raises question - does fire not work?)
- I would still feel deceived as a buyer if I went to view as a 3-bed house and saw the room you're describing as a third bedroom. This would make me disinclined to go further as I would wonder what else you were not being straight about. Sorry.

thecatsthecats Thu 11-Apr-19 11:01:18

Doing the maths, the current floor plan of the master and 3rd bedrooms are 21.8m squared combined, with 2 windows. 16m square master, and 5.8m square nursery. Plus a bit of corridor.

The easiest fix might be just rejigging the internal walls so that the two windows at the front are shared between the two rooms and the entrances rearranged. Not saying you have to do this OP - but something that could be suggested to buyers?

Snog Thu 11-Apr-19 10:37:44

@TimeIhadaNameChange unfortunately you can't put a window into the smallest bedroom because it has no external walls.

Flaverings Thu 11-Apr-19 10:16:43

Strange question, but might it be worth finding out if it would be possible to put a window into the box room, and if so, how much it would be?

I think that the neighbours would have an issue with that!

I suspect that the reason certain curtains and blinds are closed downstairs is because the houses are so close and possibly over-looked.

ToftheB Thu 11-Apr-19 10:10:01

It looks so much better. I’ve been looking for a three bed (in a different area!) and I wouldn’t have considered yours from the previous photos, but it looks so much better now - I’m genuinely impressed. I wish you very good luck with selling it.

TimeIhadaNameChange Thu 11-Apr-19 10:04:52

It's lovely, OP, really lovely.

Strange question, but might it be worth finding out if it would be possible to put a window into the box room, and if so, how much it would be? Not that I'm suggesting you do it yourselves, but it might be useful information to pass on to potential buyers.

Last time I looked I thought that room could only be accessed through your room, but I realise I missed the other door. Could you highlight its usefulness as a nursery, having easy access from your room?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »