Talk

Advanced search

To ask for second opinions on my house

(72 Posts)
StylishMummy Wed 10-Apr-19 19:17:05

Lutterworth Road, Attleborough, Nuneaton
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70481371.html

A second thread to keep up with all the improvements going on.

Thank you to everyone from the first thread who helped, I've just emailed the following photos to the estate agents to replace the terrible EA ones

ghostyslovesheets Wed 10-Apr-19 20:45:02

It looks lots better but I do agree with other posters - it's not a 3 bed

francienolan Wed 10-Apr-19 21:13:08

I love your bathroom!

user1474894224 Wed 10-Apr-19 21:17:06

Conservatory and dining room are soooo much better. Well done.

GirlcalledJack Wed 10-Apr-19 21:19:53

It looks much better, the conservatory is really transformed!

I’m not sure if I missed the photo but do you have a new one without the coffee table in front of the fireplace? Only it looks like the fireplace doesn’t work because of the table in front of it so I’d be wary from the photos that it would cost a bit to fix.

I’m still not sure of the garden size and layout though, could you take photos from the gate?

I would also want photos at all the bedrooms.

A really good improvement though OP!

Bluntness100 Wed 10-Apr-19 21:23:45

Oh my the conservatory looks fantastic, what a great job you've done and the front room as a dining room is much better.

It's much better op, much.

jaseyraex Wed 10-Apr-19 21:34:30

I didn't see your old thread, but I think your house is lovely! I'd buy it. Hope you get some offers soon.

SomeLikeItTepid Wed 10-Apr-19 21:39:01

It looks lovely OP. I really hope you get a decent offer from some eager buyers soon. 🤞

Snog Thu 11-Apr-19 07:03:02

Why does it look like so many of the photos were taken at night with the blinds down OP? This is a bit off putting.

Flaverings Thu 11-Apr-19 07:20:02

The closed curtains would make me suspicious/worried about what the view is. The lack of photos of the utility room and box room would make me suspicious/worried about what state they're in.

Contraceptionismyfriend Thu 11-Apr-19 07:44:43

@Flaverings all those can be seen on the virtual tour

elasticfantastic Thu 11-Apr-19 08:05:29

I'm seriously impressed OP how you took all that (pretty brutal) feedback and got on and made the improvements. It really looks so much better and more like a home. The flurry of viewings is testament to your hard work. Fingers crossed for that sale soon x

strangerthongs Thu 11-Apr-19 08:55:09

It looks massively better OP, well done.

still not what I would buy if I were looking though as the garden is still a bit messy / too small / not private / not scenic. Plus it appears to be on a main road.

But massive difference, especially the conservatory and much more likely to sell.

PS can you get rid of the pet cages/hutches outside? Replace the cheap white outdoor table/chairs or just get rid? Create more space!

Flaverings Thu 11-Apr-19 09:12:44

@Flaverings all those can be seen on the virtual tour

Yep, and some people would continue to look at the virtual tour, but I would already be put off. (I think it's because my local estate agents don't seem to offer a tour as a matter of course, so I always look at the photos and floor plan).

AfterTrentham Thu 11-Apr-19 09:21:01

I didn't see your old thread, but I wanted to wave at you because I live nearby - in the little town on the A5!

Looking at your Rightmove link, as it's listed as a 3-bed, my first thought was "where's the photo of bedroom 3?" Sounds like there's a backstory...?

Flaverings Thu 11-Apr-19 09:22:12

(I can't get in to the utility room on the tour either).

TheViceOfReason Thu 11-Apr-19 09:22:30

Consevatory looks much much better.

The coffee table needs to move from in front of the fireplace - it looks very odd.

Retake the photos of rooms that have the windows shut.

PLEASE clean the moss off the front wall - it makes the property look damp and unloved before anyone even steps foot inside.

As multiple people pointed out on your last thread and again on this one.... no matter how much you wish the walk in wardrobe was a bedroom.... it isn't.

Someone looking for a 2 bed will be delighted to have a dressing room. Someone on a super tight budget looking for a tiny space to use as a nursery will make that choice themselves.

Flaverings Thu 11-Apr-19 09:27:41

Looking at your Rightmove link, as it's listed as a 3-bed, my first thought was "where's the photo of bedroom 3?" Sounds like there's a backstory...?

Argument for the box room being a bedroom:
- it meets the official requirements of being a bedroom (e.g. it is large enough).
- the estate agent and mortgage lenders class it as a third bedroom.
- the current owner bought it as a three-bedroom.

Arguments against the third bedroom being a bedroom:
- it doesn't meet some people's definition of a bedroom (e.g. there is no window and leads on to the master bedroom).
- in some people's opinion the house will not appeal to three-bedroom buyers but would wow those looking for two bedrooms.
- I think someone said they'd found it was actually previously listed as a two bedroom.

Farmerswifey12 Thu 11-Apr-19 09:27:47

I commented on nd followed the other thread with interest. I absolutely love the new conservatory and that makes such a difference.

What would put me off is the bedroom issue, as there are no photos of the third bedroom? That would make me suspicious. I'd either put in photos of the third room or market it as a 2

Mari50 Thu 11-Apr-19 09:30:53

Virtual tour is still using the old set up and needs changing.
It’s still not a 3 bedroom though is it? The small room is teeny and although there’s a cot in it it doesn’t look like a nursery, more like a store cupboard full of stuff you don’t use. Like the conservatory used too. It’s much better but I’ve seen your next door neighbours listing and it was miles ahead of your place.

Snog Thu 11-Apr-19 09:32:55

Is the parking space on the lawn or do you have that plastic mesh that grass grows up through?

Where do you park your own car?

Adversecamber22 Thu 11-Apr-19 09:35:34

Any chance of some plants in tubs in your outside space? Plus that tarpaulin in the bottom hand right of the pic isn’t looking good. It’s a decent enough first time buyer house.

thecatsthecats Thu 11-Apr-19 09:47:34

How about this OP?

Advertise as a 3 bed, but include a photo of that 3rd bedroom in the pictures. Then online viewers can decide for themselves if it matters to them, and not waste your time?

Whenever a room is missing from a photoset, I always think, "God, it must be fucking TERRIBLE". And then don't bother viewing, unless there's nothing else to see.

TimeIhadaNameChange Thu 11-Apr-19 10:04:52

It's lovely, OP, really lovely.

Strange question, but might it be worth finding out if it would be possible to put a window into the box room, and if so, how much it would be? Not that I'm suggesting you do it yourselves, but it might be useful information to pass on to potential buyers.

Last time I looked I thought that room could only be accessed through your room, but I realise I missed the other door. Could you highlight its usefulness as a nursery, having easy access from your room?

ToftheB Thu 11-Apr-19 10:10:01

It looks so much better. I’ve been looking for a three bed (in a different area!) and I wouldn’t have considered yours from the previous photos, but it looks so much better now - I’m genuinely impressed. I wish you very good luck with selling it.

Flaverings Thu 11-Apr-19 10:16:43

Strange question, but might it be worth finding out if it would be possible to put a window into the box room, and if so, how much it would be?

I think that the neighbours would have an issue with that!

I suspect that the reason certain curtains and blinds are closed downstairs is because the houses are so close and possibly over-looked.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »