Talk

Advanced search

Access to grandchild

(9 Posts)
Piehead Wed 10-Apr-19 18:37:40

I am going to court to get a residence order of my sons daughter my son agrees with the order the mum isn’t agreeing to any contact we had my granddaughter live with us from birth until mum took her back in April last year after a disagreement my son is not on birth certificate so git no PR mum kept all child’s money for 4 yrs we housed clothed and fed her we got her in nursery when mum took her back mum refused nursery so child lost her place the child shares a bed with mum and brother as mum sold the child’s bed mum blackmailing us for money so we had to pay her money to get my granddaughter back I am scared we not going to get any contact would prefer her to live with us but any contact would be great I am worried cafcass will dude with mum social services been involved through mum not us

QforCucumber Wed 10-Apr-19 18:40:22

Did you have a legal order in place for your caring of her? Why has your son not pushed to get himself named on the birth certificate? Did you contact social services at any point throughout the 4 years of raising her? Were they notified of the blackmail?

Starlight456 Wed 10-Apr-19 18:41:04

I think this is going to be far to complex for Mn.

Why did she live with you from birth ? What was mum doing? Where is dad . Does he have or want access

Friedspamfritters Wed 10-Apr-19 18:58:39

I agree with PP you need professional advice, even well meaning posters who have some experience if custody battles may misadvise you.

Chocolateisfab Wed 10-Apr-19 18:59:55

Have you spoken to ss?

Newyearnewname2019 Wed 10-Apr-19 19:02:45

This isn't for MN. You need to speak to a professional.

Piehead Wed 10-Apr-19 19:22:54

Yes I have informed the ss about the blackmail for money they didn’t take it further I didn’t not have a care order in place when she lived with us my son has asked to go on birth certificate many times but got refused from the mum he is now going to court to go on it I have informed the ss about everything the blackmail child having no bed mum kept child’s money child late for school her mum dyeing her hair with permanent hair dye she has just turned 5 I had to get ss involved cause she was going away with her abuser so then child got put on child protection then she went away with him again in may last year the child is left behind when family go on holidays we have got a solicitor mum refused mediation and she never turned up at court for first hearing

Piehead Wed 10-Apr-19 19:27:26

Mum didn’t want her just the child’s money I asked ss are we entitled to the money but ss said no as mum has PR mum looked after her elder son her favourite dad lived with us so fetched his daughter up aswell but as he worked I was her main carer so solicitor said as I am the main care giver I should apply for residence order my son is applying for PR

Piehead Wed 10-Apr-19 19:30:10

I have got a solicitor I spoke to ss on many occasions but with no further action the mums sister is going out with a new bf got pictures of him with guns shown ss as my granddaughter is at the sister house a lot no further action I feel the ss and cafcass are going to side with mum

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »