Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to Ask What Daily Chores/Errands Secretly Give You A Thrill?? :-)

(185 Posts)
HugoBearsMummy Wed 10-Apr-19 17:50:24

I'll go first!

Replenishing my baby changing bag at the end of the day- ie. filling with new nappies, wipes, topping up my formula powder pot, fresh Muslin cloth & bib all ready for the next day

Tidying the living room, plumping pillows etc before I go to bed so it's nice and tidy in the morning

This one's got to be popular- emptying the washing basket 🧺 --for all of five minutes!!
--
Turning down the beds and shutting the curtains making the bedrooms all cosy for night time

I know I know- I'm very sad! Would love to hear other people's! ....

thecatsthecats Fri 12-Apr-19 10:57:39

NOTHING involving cleaning. Stupid stuff should just stay clean.

But fuck me, I love a good reorganise.

HugoBearsMummy Fri 12-Apr-19 11:34:40

@LaurieMarlow I just do it as part of the polishing surfaces routine! And in the hallway & kitchen I just run the mop over them. I don't actually kneel & scrub them or anything lol!

HugoBearsMummy Fri 12-Apr-19 11:35:21

@BuzzPeakWankBobbly one mans meat eh smile

HugoBearsMummy Fri 12-Apr-19 14:22:36

@eclipse1808 what is this flash stuff for the bucket ? Sounds utterly satisfying and I want to try it lol

HugoBearsMummy Fri 12-Apr-19 14:24:03

@ScienceIsTruth I'm laughing at the fridge photography grin

Slippiepippie Fri 12-Apr-19 14:24:58

Washing my windows with the scraper thingy. Soo satisfying!!!

MaHeidsGouping Fri 12-Apr-19 14:43:04

managedmis This is the Rhubarb method that is mentioned.

PH03b3 Fri 12-Apr-19 17:20:39

Sitting with a coffee whilst the tumble dryer washing machine and dishwasher do the majority of the work for me!

Wanttomakemincepies Fri 12-Apr-19 22:04:06

I love cleaning my floors with method rhubarb floor cleaner.
Full fish tank clean
Laundry on line, especially nappies
Pretty much everything except washing up greasy pans

CheersSonsCryingNiceOne Sat 13-Apr-19 00:54:20

No cleaning job thrills me but I like dealing with storage space. My kitchen is tiny and each square inch counts. I love looking at the cupboards all neat and tidy.

I also like to prep dinner the way chefs do it on TV. I have lots of little glass bowls left over from shop bought Christmas desserts. These are the perfect size for me to put all the ingredients in. It winds dh up because it makes more washing up (we have a dishwasher hmmgrin). He is a good cook but is very slapdash. He misjudges timings, forgets key ingredients and starts cooking as he chops (which is fine because I do if I have to be quick). I remember watching This Morning years ago and someone commented that they got flustered when cooking which caused them to burn or forget things. Phil Vickery said just prep everything you need before you start cooking and make sure you have all the tools ready as well. It seems so obvious but I haven't ever had a kitchen mishap since.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »